Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Finals Thread: Miami Heat vs. Oklahoma City Thunder

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

NBA Finals Thread: Miami Heat vs. Oklahoma City Thunder

Gotta root for OKC in this one.

It's d-bag "not just 7 Championships" LeBron vs. the anti-LeBron, class act Kevin Durant.

Never seen a team so unlikable as the Heat. Even their supporting players like Mike Miller and Mario Chalmers get under my skin.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thunder in 6.

Homecourt, match up talent wise, but with deeper bench.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a series this will be. Miami struggled with Indy and barely got by Boston. They wont know what hit them when OKC take the court.

OKC in 5.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    What a series this will be. Miami struggled with Indy and barely got by Boston. They wont know what hit them when OKC take the court.

OKC in 5.
    That's pretty much how I feel -- I'm shocked at how many "experts" are picking Miami.

OKC was better in the regular season, and was more impressive in the playoffs against tougher competition (Mavs, Lakers, Spurs).

The Heat couldn't even sweep the Knicks (who were decimated by injuries and starting Mike Bibby) and were losing to the Pacers and Celtics at various points.

LeBron will keep them in it out of sheer will, but I'd be pretty surprised if the Heat pulled it out. They just aren't as deep.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Curious to see what the ratings for this will be in Seattle...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    OKC is all homegrown talent besides perkins and Fisher. Thats a real testement to their front office.

Miami is a bunch of guys who decided to come together because they could not win anything with their own teams. Now Wade did win one with Shaq but he could not with the current team.

Miami then thought it was just going to walk through the nba and win 6 or 7 championships. Not exactly my friends.

and they will not get one this year either.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    OKC in 4...if there is a God.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would love to see the Heat crash and burn again.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lebron gets his first.

Then he starts working on the rest.

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lebron is going to have to play other worldly (Jordans world to be exact) to win. It's possible but OKC is just too deep, has fresh legs and can expose Miamis transition D. Miami needs to upset Westbrook and force turnovers. It's still a big chore. OKC has 4 guys who are either max or close to Max players. Then you add in a gritty player like Perkins, a coach on the floor who knows the finals in Fisher and a shut down defender like Sefalosha. They're absolutely loaded and their best player is 23. It's sickening if you're from Seattle but this is going to be one of many times OKC will be in the finals.

Thunder in 6

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Lebron is going to have to play other worldly (Jordans world to be exact) to win. It's possible but OKC is just too deep, has fresh legs and can expose Miamis transition D. Miami needs to upset Westbrook and force turnovers. It's still a big chore. OKC has 4 guys who are either max or close to Max players. Then you add in a gritty player like Perkins, a coach on the floor who knows the finals in Fisher and a shut down defender like Sefalosha. They're absolutely loaded and their best player is 23. It's sickening if you're from Seattle but this is going to be one of many times OKC will be in the finals.Thunder in 6
    +1

Would be very tough to be a Seattle sports fan and be watching this. It's basically a budding dynasty (OKC will be to the 2010s what the Lakers were to the 2000s, Bulls were to the 90s, etc.) that should have been yours.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Those of you hoping for a Heat beat down, it's not going to happen. The Heat are waaay to good to lose in 4-5 barring injury. Heat in 6-7.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nastyman View Post
    Those of you hoping for a Heat beat down, it's not going to happen. The Heat are waaay to good to lose in 4-5 barring injury. Heat in 6-7.
    They have ZERO depth. LeBron will pretty much have to play 48 minutes a game for them to take the series.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't like Lebron James

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I'm not mistaken, this will be the first professional sports championship series matching two teams named after weather phemonena.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Owen Reed View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, this will be the first professional sports championship series matching two teams named after weather phemonena.
    First time ever for anything.

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Heat are waaay to good to lose in 4-5 barring injury. Heat in 6-7.
    I guess you have not watched how LeBron performs in the NBA Finals. You do not get the guy who averages 28 a game. He averages 19.5 points in the NBA Finals. That is insane that he performs that bad on the biggest stage.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I guess you have not watched how LeBron performs in the NBA Finals. You do not get the guy who averages 28 a game. He averages 19.5 points in the NBA Finals. That is insane that he performs that bad on the biggest stage.
    I guess we will see...keep believing all the hype. The media and every fan base hates him, because he made a stupid mistake when he signed with Miami as a free agent. His reputation as a player has taken a hit because of it.

No player in NBA history has ever averaged more points in game 7's in the history of the NBA. No one!!

OKC is in trouble. watch!!