Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: NBA Finals Thread: Miami Heat vs. Oklahoma City Thunder

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Who's embarassed by Linsanity? I don't even know what you're talking about.

And always great to have another guy who's an authority on telling us what matters and what doesn't.
    If all of Wall Street was banned from taking clients/customers to Knick games, you think it would have an effect on the Knicks value?

Never stated I was an authority, just looking at it from a different perspective.

Anointing Lin as a great guard was hysterical.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Being impressed with a kid that is essentially a rookie taking over the way he did was normal... Especially with the feel good story surrounding him...

I'd compare him, statistically, to Tyreke Evans, who only outshines him based on minutes played... But Lin is a better facilitator, at least he was last season...

And Evans is no slouch... But he isn't great... Neither is Lin... And they're both young...

We'll see what happens if they're able to retain him... Which they should be and are trying hard to do...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    If all of Wall Street was banned from taking clients/customers to Knick games, you think it would have an effect on the Knicks value?
    Are you suggesting a similar ban wouldn't affect the value of the Lakers? Obviously preventing wealthy entities from purchasing tickets and luxury boxes to any sports franchise would be a blow to its value, and obviously the biggest wealthiest cities would feel this impact more.

The Knicks would still sell out.

Who annointed him anything? It was a miraculous story, and the guy played extremely well. Nobody said he was an elite PG. But he was obviously overlooked and is young with lots of potential, and nobody should be embarassed for enjoying his run last year or thinking he could be a good PG going forward.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Kudos to the NBA for finishing their endless season before July 4. But no worries Dunkball fans....Training Camp for next season probably begins in three weeks or so

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah b/c the baseball season with it's drawn out spring training, 162 regular season games and recently lengthened playoffs is so short and to the point.

Gotta love 2 sport NY fans.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Nonsense. The same thing was said about the Heat after they lost to the Mavs last year.

OKC gained a wealth of experience this year. And next year, Mike Miller, shane battier etc will not be setting nba finals shooting records.

Stay Tuned.
    Ok City could probably use a new coach though I hope it's not Phil. I am so sick of that hippie clown.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I love the Knicks but they are not winning the East Conference as long as this Heat team is together. The Knicks will now be a perennial playoff team, but trips into the second round will be hard to come by.

Lebron has ascended to the next level. He figured it out. Got over whatever he had to get over. The mind and body have met. He is now officially a man among boys.

Heat are a lock to win it all next year. Thunder are a good team but they have no killer instinct. Only player that might have a little is Westbrook. Durant hasn't shown it yet.
    1. News Update: as long as this Heat team is together nobody else is coming out of the East. Luckily for the Knicks the Celtics may very well be dismantled during the off-season (I wouldn't be shocked if KG and Allen both join Dirk and Deron Williams in Dallas), the Bulls' window has probably closed now that Rose tore his ACL (window was never even open anyway), Magic are rebuilding and the rest of the East is average or below average.

So next few seasons is probably Heat-Knicks rivalry for supremacy in the East with Lebron and Wade playing the Michael and Scottie role.

2. Lebron won the championship but I still don't consider him a clutch player in the 4th quarter. If the Celtics got any calls at all they would have beaten the Heat in the Eastern Conference Finals and the Thunder were mentally not ready. Outside of one late 3 pointer he made in the Finals I didn't see Lebron make any other big baskets in the last couple minutes of any games. Jordan, Bird, Magic, Kobe - those guys always made big buckets at the end of games.

3. Let's first see what happens with Deron Williams, Dwight Howard and Steve Nash during the off-season before we anoint the Heat the 2013 champs.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    That all fine and dandy but this Knick team is never beating the Heat in the playoffs.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    They would only sell out when the ticket prices drop.

Lin wasn't a miraculous story, he was a turnover machine who played for a horrific coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Are you suggesting a similar ban wouldn't affect the value of the Lakers? Obviously preventing wealthy entities from purchasing tickets and luxury boxes to any sports franchise would be a blow to its value, and obviously the biggest wealthiest cities would feel this impact more.

The Knicks would still sell out.

Who annointed him anything? It was a miraculous story, and the guy played extremely well. Nobody said he was an elite PG. But he was obviously overlooked and is young with lots of potential, and nobody should be embarassed for enjoying his run last year or thinking he could be a good PG going forward.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting comparison. I wonder what Evans would of done in the Knicks system?

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Being impressed with a kid that is essentially a rookie taking over the way he did was normal... Especially with the feel good story surrounding him...

I'd compare him, statistically, to Tyreke Evans, who only outshines him based on minutes played... But Lin is a better facilitator, at least he was last season...

And Evans is no slouch... But he isn't great... Neither is Lin... And they're both young...

We'll see what happens if they're able to retain him... Which they should be and are trying hard to do...