Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: NBA Finals Thread: Miami Heat vs. Oklahoma City Thunder

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    It's laughable. I rememer 2 years ago when all the delusional Knick fans were calling into sports talk radio with ridiculoous statements like "LeBron would become a LEGEND if he brought the Knicks a championship and THAT'S why he's coming to NY--you KNOW he wants to be a Knick!!".

LeBron was ALREADY a legend, he didn't need the Knicks on his resume to cement anything, couldn't have given a s*t about the Knicks.

But delusional Knick fans assume EVERYONE wants to play for them.

They still think the Knicks are a "tiffany" NBA franchise.

They're not. They're not in the class of the Celtics, not the Lakers, not the Bulls, not the Spurs, not the Mavericks, now not even the Heat.

Nobody cares about the Knicks other than Knick fans.

Too funny.

_
    This post is ridiculous.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
    This post is ridiculous.
    Because you're a Knick fan.

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ComfortablyNumb View Post
    I agree. I'm in a spot where I'm a lifelong Jetfan and a Heat fan from day 1 since I lived in Miami for many years. I hated Marino, because he was a Dolphin. But I recognized the greatness. Especially when he retired I really hoped he would go to another team and get a ring. Reading this thread from beggining to end is just comical as to how easily everyone dismissed the Heat and Lebron. I know now that he has his ring it'll all be about " oh we'll he promised multiple rings. He'll never get that because he folds and he has a receding hairline". Just take of the hate goggles and recognize the greatest basketball player of this generation.
    Kobe lols heartily at this post...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because you're a Knick fan.

_
    No, because you have no clue what your talking about. Yea ESPN radio is really the place to make judgements on a whole fan base. I guess listening to the Jets fans on ESPN radio who said Peyton Manning should choose the Jets because winning a title in New York for the long suffering Jets would mean so much to his career, makes every jet fan delusional too right?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Kobe lols heartily at this post...
    Remember Jordan was the same age as Lebron when he won his first. Plenty more championships to come.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Remember Jordan was the same age as Lebron when he won his first. Plenty more championships to come.
    And when he wins five or six, I'll put him over Kobe...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plenty more championships to come.
    I doubt it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's laughable. I rememer 2 years ago when all the delusional Knick fans were calling into sports talk radio with ridiculoous statements like "LeBron would become a LEGEND if he brought the Knicks a championship and THAT'S why he's coming to NY--you KNOW he wants to be a Knick!!".

LeBron was ALREADY a legend, he didn't need the Knicks on his resume to cement anything, couldn't have given a s*t about the Knicks.

But delusional Knick fans assume EVERYONE wants to play for them.

They still think the Knicks are a "tiffany" NBA franchise.

They're not. They're not in the class of the Celtics, not the Lakers, not the Bulls, not the Spurs, not the Mavericks, now not even the Heat.

Nobody cares about the Knicks other than Knick fans.

Too funny.

_
    +10000000000000000000000000000

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    And when he wins five or six, I'll put him over Kobe...
    Players took the league minimum to play with Jordan, there isn't a great player in the league who wants to play with the ball hogging Kobe. There will be players running to and begging the Heat to sign them to play alongside Lebron.

Kobe is a great individual player whose first three options are to shoot, shoot or shoot.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Knicks are the most valuable franchise in the NBA, generate the most revenue in the league, and have the best fans in the league (Knick haters will dispute this but are completely unable to produce a fanbase that's actually better. And don't tell me the Thunder. They've had the team for three years -- give them 12 years of losing and let's see how packed and loud that arena is.) The revenue they generate (along with the Lakers, Bulls, and Celtics) allow small market teams to exist. There would be no OKC Thunder if it weren't for these "tentpole" franchises.

If the San Antonio Spurs disappeared from the face of the planet tomorrow nobody would bat an eye.

Are the Knicks a poorly run organization with terrible management? Of course.

Have the Lakers blown by them as the team everyone wants to play for? Of course.

Do Knicks fans (and the media in general) probably overhype what MSG means? Sure.

Are the Knicks a standard for success the way the Lakers, Spurs, Mavericks, Celtics, and (ugh) Heat are currently? Obviously not.

But the idea that "nobody cares about the Knicks" and that they aren't a centerpiece franchise in the NBA is ludicrous and nobody who thinks that has any clue what they're talking about. There isn't a single franchise more important to the league, not even the Lakers.

EDIT: Also winning a title for the Knicks would obviously be better for LeBron's legacy that winning one for the Heat, anyone who doesn't see that is blind. It's the biggest media market AND a long suffering franchise. It would be like 2004 with the Red Sox all over again. Hack writers would pump out books about it ESPN 30 for 30s would be made about it -- the King finally winning a title and doing it in the world's most famous arena in the best basketball city in the world after a 40 year drought? C'mon, it writes itself.

The only thing better would be doing it for his hometown team (which happens to be the most tortured sports city in America.)
    Last edited by Austin; 06-24-2012 at 03:55 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love the Knicks but they are not winning the East Conference as long as this Heat team is together. The Knicks will now be a perennial playoff team, but trips into the second round will be hard to come by.

Lebron has ascended to the next level. He figured it out. Got over whatever he had to get over. The mind and body have met. He is now officially a man among boys.

Heat are a lock to win it all next year. Thunder are a good team but they have no killer instinct. Only player that might have a little is Westbrook. Durant hasn't shown it yet.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 06-24-2012 at 04:08 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Players took the league minimum to play with Jordan, there isn't a great player in the league who wants to play with the ball hogging Kobe. There will be players running to and begging the Heat to sign them to play alongside Lebron.

Kobe is a great individual player whose first three options are to shoot, shoot or shoot.
    +100000000000000000

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I love the Knicks but they are not winning the East Conference as long as this Heat team is together. The Knicks will now be a perennial playoff team, but trips into the second round will be hard to come by.

Lebron has ascended to the next level. He figured it out. Got over whatever he had to get over. The mind and body have met. He is now officially a man among boys.

Heat are a lock to win it all next year. Thunder are a good team but they have no killer instinct. Only player that might have a little is Westbrook. Durant hasn't shown it yet.
    Very well said. Where do you think valuable free agents want to go play? You think free agents want to go set picks for Durant and watch Westbrook take the ball to the basket? Same with Carmelo and the knicks. You know Lebron is going to make plays for you. This Heat team will get better.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    I doubt it.
    How do you doubt it?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Knicks just took over the most consecutive playoff losses, end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    The Knicks are the most valuable franchise in the NBA, generate the most revenue in the league, and have the best fans in the league (Knick haters will dispute this but are completely unable to produce a fanbase that's actually better. And don't tell me the Thunder. They've had the team for three years -- give them 12 years of losing and let's see how packed and loud that arena is.) The revenue they generate (along with the Lakers, Bulls, and Celtics) allow small market teams to exist. There would be no OKC Thunder if it weren't for these "tentpole" franchises.

If the San Antonio Spurs disappeared from the face of the planet tomorrow nobody would bat an eye.

Are the Knicks a poorly run organization with terrible management? Of course.

Have the Lakers blown by them as the team everyone wants to play for? Of course.

Do Knicks fans (and the media in general) probably overhype what MSG means? Sure.

Are the Knicks a standard for success the way the Lakers, Spurs, Mavericks, Celtics, and (ugh) Heat are currently? Obviously not.

But the idea that "nobody cares about the Knicks" and that they aren't a centerpiece franchise in the NBA is ludicrous and nobody who thinks that has any clue what they're talking about. There isn't a single franchise more important to the league, not even the Lakers.

EDIT: Also winning a title for the Knicks would obviously be better for LeBron's legacy that winning one for the Heat, anyone who doesn't see that is blind. It's the biggest media market AND a long suffering franchise. It would be like 2004 with the Red Sox all over again. Hack writers would pump out books about it ESPN 30 for 30s would be made about it -- the King finally winning a title and doing it in the world's most famous arena in the best basketball city in the world after a 40 year drought? C'mon, it writes itself.

The only thing better would be doing it for his hometown team (which happens to be the most tortured sports city in America.)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Knicks just took over the most consecutive playoff losses, end of story.
    Doesn't dispute anything I've said.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Doesn't dispute anything I've said.
    Unless you win all of what you posted doesn't matter. Wall street allows the Knicks to remain a prosperous franchise. For the love of God, Linsanity wasnt embarassing enough?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unless you win all of what you posted doesn't matter. Wall street allows the Knicks to remain a prosperous franchise. For the love of God, Linsanity wasnt embarassing enough?
    Who's embarassed by Linsanity? I don't even know what you're talking about.

And always great to have another guy who's an authority on telling us what matters and what doesn't.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thunder are a good team but they have no killer instinct.
    Nonsense. The same thing was said about the Heat after they lost to the Mavs last year.

OKC gained a wealth of experience this year. And next year, Mike Miller, shane battier etc will not be setting nba finals shooting records.

Stay Tuned.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Nonsense. The same thing was said about the Heat after they lost to the Mavs last year.

OKC gained a wealth of experience this year. And next year, Mike Miller, shane battier etc will not be setting nba finals shooting records.

Stay Tuned.
    I agree. You need to remember how young this OKC team is -- Durant is 23 and Westbrook and Harden are 22.

Losing their first finals may end up being the best thing for them in the long run -- they've definitley gained tons of experience and could still easily have a budding dynasty, it just might be a few years before they start to peak.