Thread: New York Giants Run of Champions 5K @ MetLife Stadium

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

New York Giants Run of Champions 5K @ MetLife Stadium

For years the Mets did the Dash to Home Plate 5k at Shea with the NYRR and I always thought the Jets should orchestrate something similar.

Alas, the Giants will now do an event in OUR stadium (right ) without the Jets. Way to fall asleep at the wheel Florham Park executives....

http://www.nyrr.org/run-with-us/ny-giants-5k

Race Info

Bring the whole family to the inaugural New York Giants Run of Champions 5K Presented by Walgreens and Duane Reade! Runners of all ages and abilities get a chance to live every Giants fan’s dream: running full-speed into the end zone in MetLife Stadium—without getting tackled! After the race, enjoy a behind-the-gridiron tour, meet Giants legends, and more.

The Walk with Walgreens offers another opportunity to join the fun. Walkers follow the same course—high-stepping into the end zone is optional, but encouraged. A special VIP Package gives you a close-up look at the Super Bowl trophy, breakfast before or after the race in the MetLife 50 Club, and a chance to rub elbows with players. Please note that entry for the VIP PAckage has reached capacity and is closed.

This exciting event will benefit the Giants Foundation, which assists youth-related charities throughout the greater New York area.

Course info

The 5K run and walk will start in the MetLife Stadium parking lot between lots J and L, follow roadways on the perimeter of the stadium parking complex, and finish on the MetLife Stadium field in the northern end zone.

Sickening.

what will stop me from doing this run in my Revis Jersey?

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    what will stop me from doing this run in my Revis Jersey?
    Another Revis holdout?

Jets Insider VIP
    The Jets sponsor an annual 5k run/walk for Lupus at Jetlife that doesn't include the Giants

Thanks for your usual negative misinformation once again Traitor Jet Couchfan

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    The Jets sponsor an annual 5k run/walk for Lupus at Jetlife that doesn't include the Giants

Thanks for your usual negative misinformation once again Traitor Jet Couchfan

Another clueless, misinformed, miserable SOJF

Interesting. Looks like we missed this year's event:

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/arti...9-992a53a1d6f4

N.J. Walk to Cure Lupus Is Saturday
    Posted May 11, 2012
    By Jets Staff
    New York Jets owner Woody Johnson, general manager Mike Tannenbaum and head coach Rex Ryan invite fans to help the Jets find a cure for lupus.
    If you or someone you know has lupus, or you simply want to make a difference in someone’s life, join the Jets to help raise funds for the Alliance for Lupus Research's annual New Jersey Walk With Us to Cure Lupus. Johnson is the National Walk Chairman and Tannenbaum and Ryan are Honorary Walk Chairmen.
    The 5K (3.1-mile) walk will be held Saturday, May 12, at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J., and will include refreshments, entertainment and special appearances by Jets players and coaches. Registration begins at 9 a.m. and the walk is at 10 a.m.
    To request more information on the walk, visit walk.lupusresearch.org/newjersey, email skirkpatrick@lupusresearch.org or call the Alliance for Lupus Research at 732-842-1607.

Jets Insider VIP
    Some of us DIDN'T and it was a terrific event for a great cause

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    For years the Mets did the Dash to Home Plate 5k at Shea with the NYRR and I always thought the Jets should orchestrate something similar.

Alas, the Giants will now do an event in OUR stadium (right ) without the Jets. Way to fall asleep at the wheel Florham Park executives....

http://www.nyrr.org/run-with-us/ny-giants-5k

Race Info

Bring the whole family to the inaugural New York Giants Run of Champions 5K Presented by Walgreens and Duane Reade! Runners of all ages and abilities get a chance to live every Giants fan’s dream: running full-speed into the end zone in MetLife Stadium—without getting tackled! After the race, enjoy a behind-the-gridiron tour, meet Giants legends, and more.

The Walk with Walgreens offers another opportunity to join the fun. Walkers follow the same course—high-stepping into the end zone is optional, but encouraged. A special VIP Package gives you a close-up look at the Super Bowl trophy, breakfast before or after the race in the MetLife 50 Club, and a chance to rub elbows with players. Please note that entry for the VIP PAckage has reached capacity and is closed.

This exciting event will benefit the Giants Foundation, which assists youth-related charities throughout the greater New York area.

Course info

The 5K run and walk will start in the MetLife Stadium parking lot between lots J and L, follow roadways on the perimeter of the stadium parking complex, and finish on the MetLife Stadium field in the northern end zone.
    um... I think we did a charity run last month at MetLife. Would you like to retract? (Strongly suggested )

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    Interesting. Looks like we missed this year's event:

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/arti...9-992a53a1d6f4

N.J. Walk to Cure Lupus Is Saturday
    Posted May 11, 2012
    By Jets Staff
    New York Jets owner Woody Johnson, general manager Mike Tannenbaum and head coach Rex Ryan invite fans to help the Jets find a cure for lupus.
    If you or someone you know has lupus, or you simply want to make a difference in someone’s life, join the Jets to help raise funds for the Alliance for Lupus Research's annual New Jersey Walk With Us to Cure Lupus. Johnson is the National Walk Chairman and Tannenbaum and Ryan are Honorary Walk Chairmen.
    The 5K (3.1-mile) walk will be held Saturday, May 12, at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J., and will include refreshments, entertainment and special appearances by Jets players and coaches. Registration begins at 9 a.m. and the walk is at 10 a.m.
    To request more information on the walk, visit walk.lupusresearch.org/newjersey, email skirkpatrick@lupusresearch.org or call the Alliance for Lupus Research at 732-842-1607.
    So, now the Jets are going to find a cure for Lupus?

Not raise money for research, the Jets themselves think they are going to find a cure for Lupus?

Please, they can't even generate a pass rush, now they're out there claiming they can cure diseases.

Maybe that's what Rex was doing last year as the team came unglued and the season went in the crapper.

Focus on football, leave the disease curing to the medical community.

Jets Insider VIP
    Vick hits another new low

The Jets sponsor an event to benefit the Alliance for Lupus RESEARCH in May. Vick objects.....not focusing on football DAMMIT !!

The point of mentioning it was only to refute the SOJF OPs complaint about the Giants being the only team to sponsor a 5k run at Metlife and how it showed that the Jets FOR was asleep

Vick hits another new low

The Jets sponsor an event to benefit the Alliance for Lupus RESEARCH in May. Vick objects.....not focusing on football DAMMIT !!

The point of mentioning it was only to refute the SOJF OPs complaint about the Giants being the only team to sponsor a 5k run at Metlife and how it showed that the Jets FOR was asleep

Fine, but if Rex doesn't find a cure for Lupus, this season has to be considered a collossal failure.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

What a trainwreck.

-

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The two events are completely different.

One is an actual road race that is being organized by the New York Road Runners (the people who do the ING Marathon and scores of other road races in the metro area.) It is being branded by the Giants to the stadium and their fans and the public have an opportunity to actually compete on the field at MetLife Stadium.

The Lupus walk is a charity event.

All Pro
    Everything's about race with this guy.
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 06-13-2012 at 09:14 PM.

Rookie
    Some of us DIDN'T and it was a terrific event for a great cause

My daughter raised money for the Lupas walk/run a few years ago when they did it at the old stadium. She was only 10 at the time, and she had a good time. She got to meet some players on the field....it was actually her first time ever on the field, so she got a big kick out of it.