Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If I hear the term "Boom or Bust" One more time...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

If I hear the term "Boom or Bust" One more time...

To describe Quinton Coples I am going to lose it! I was watching Jets Nation on SNY and Lucas (who really seems like he is off his Meds), is asked about Coples by Brian Custer and the first thing he says is "He is a boom or bust player" for like the 90 millionth time!!!!

Just what the hell does that even mean? So if Coples goes on to have a nice but not spectacular career and plays 6 or 7 years he is a bust??? :confused: NEWSFLASH: The dude was picked 16 NOT 6!!

For the record I think Coples is going to be a BEAST, but I am so sick of this either or scenerio; if he is not GREAT, than it was a bad pick.

Then it is mentioned that Rex had Coples "standing up" in some defensive sets and the "MOUTH THAT ROARED" says, "if that is what Rex had in mind he should have just taken Ingram"! REALLY?? So the fact that Coples, who is 6'5 285, is VERSATILE enough to play in space is a BAD THING???? Also, we know you have a hard on for Ingram! ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!! GET OVER IT FOR GODS SAKES!!!!

It is so bad on that show they actually have me missing Greg Buttle and I didn't think that was possible!! :eek:

I will say I can't remember I a time when I have rooted harder for a player to SHUT UP his critics than with Coples. Personally I see the guy as a "can't miss" player myself, especially based on his overall career and not just "half" of his senior year, and the fact that he has to be motivated to prove the naysayers wrong.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hes certainly not a "can't miss" prospect. He very well could be a bust, its encouraging to hear good things coming out of practices from him I guess, even if its only OTAs and mini camp. I hope hes a good one.

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think he'll be good but rookie year could be make or break for him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I hear one more person say he's a 'can't miss' prospect I'm going to lose it...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;4490229]I think he'll be good but rookie year could be make or break for him.[/QUOTE]

Is make or break the same as boom or bust? :confused:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think he is boom of bust. Boom or average player maybe. He was one of the safest bets on D in that draft. I could care less if he didn't try hard his Sr year. He knew he would be a pro the next year why on earth would he want to risk injury. It was college ball who cares. Everything else points to him being one heck of a player. I don't get the criticism really. It is not like he was throwing games. I can't see him as a bust at all. It is not like he was a top 5 pick if he ends up being average that is still a win.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;4490229]I think he'll be good but rookie year could be make or break for him.[/QUOTE]

Give or take a few, I'd say. In or out; you have to step up to be counted, and be counted on. Up or down, I think Quinton Coples will boom.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]If I hear the term "Boom or Bust" One more time...[/QUOTE]

Boom.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]If I hear the term "Boom or Bust" One more time...[/QUOTE]

Bust.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4490231]If I hear one more person say he's a 'can't miss' prospect I'm going to lose it...[/QUOTE]

I see you have nothing to add to the discussion.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4490250]Bust.[/QUOTE]

Stupid

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dreamers;4490243]I don't think he is boom of bust. Boom or average player maybe. He was one of the safest bets on D in that draft. I could care less if he didn't try hard his Sr year. He knew he would be a pro the next year why on earth would he want to risk injury. It was college ball who cares. Everything else points to him being one heck of a player. I don't get the criticism really. It is not like he was throwing games. I can't see him as a bust at all. It is not like he was a top 5 pick if he ends up being average that is still a win.[/QUOTE]

My sentiments exactly. It is nice to have an intelligent response from someone on this board. So many people spend so much time trying to be clever and witty... when don't realize they just come off as being a dick, lol.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dreamers;4490243]I could care less if he didn't try hard his Sr year. He knew he would be a pro the next year why on earth would he want to risk injury. It was college ball who cares. [/QUOTE]

Awesome. I'm sure his UNC teammates really appreciated it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Black;4490254]My sentiments exactly. It is nice to have an intelligent response from someone on this board. So many people spend so much time trying to be clever and witty... when don't realize they just come off as being a dick, lol.[/QUOTE]

Someone had to say it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4490249]Boom.[/QUOTE]

LOLz....this sounds like something a doosh like me would say.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Black;4490254]My sentiments exactly. It is nice to have an intelligent response from someone on this board. So many people spend so much time trying to be clever and witty... when don't realize they just come off as being a dick, lol.[/QUOTE]

No offense, but the topic (is right on) but really depressing. Who wants to watch those mopes when KRL, CMart and others provide POV.

I can't wait to see the defense they are working on. When it's ready. :yes: Boom Boom Boom

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4490233]Is make or break the same as boom or bust? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Not quite...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Toooon;4490255]Awesome. I'm sure his UNC teammates really appreciated it.[/QUOTE]

Some how I think they will all survive; only fans make this stuff out to be life and death. Besides that whole team was a train wreck so I don't think anybody will be pointing any fingers at anyone else.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4490260]No offense, but the topic (is right on) but really depressing. Who wants to watch those mopes when KRL, CMart and others provide POV.

I can't wait to see the defense they are working on. When it's ready. :yes: Boom Boom Boom[/QUOTE]

I hear you; don't mean to be negative or depressing; I just wish (Jets Nation) would have an original thought in their heads for a change and stop with the cliches every week. I guess that would be asking to much, lol.

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Black;4490261]Not quite...[/QUOTE]

+1

Take a hike, FF2!