Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Landry Way Ahead of Schedule

Landry Way Ahead of Schedule

Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    Rex says Landry is "way ahead" of where trainers thought he would be. Called it a piece of good news. #nyj

I was getting very worried him. I'm relieved to hear this.

[QUOTE=JB1089;4490492]Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    Rex says Landry is "way ahead" of where trainers thought he would be. Called it a piece of good news. #nyj

I was getting very worried him. I'm relieved to hear this.[/QUOTE]

Best news of the day!!!! Really good to hear something promising on Landry.

My only question with this is what the plan is for rehab? Is the issue to manage the injury or to eliminate it. I know the recommended action was surgery but he refused so is the plan just to get it under control? There's some risk if that's the case.

[QUOTE=CleatMarks;4490504]My only question with this is what the plan is for rehab? Is the issue to manage the injury or to eliminate it. I know the recommended action was surgery but he refused so is the plan just to get it under control? There's some risk if that's the case.[/QUOTE]

It's got to be to manage it at this point....If surgery was ignored it likely will not fully heal..I do admit though I'm no doctor.

Jets Insider VIP
    This is definitely one of the strangest signings I've ever seen from Tannenbaum.

Yes Landry is a talented SS - WHEN HEALTHY.

IMO his was definitely a "panic" signing out of sheer desperation (or to appease Jets fans who were pleading for safety help) with a hope and a prayer that he will be able to play.

I'm not optimistic. I'd be very surprised if he makes opening day or if he is active for even 8 games.

The FO can paint a rosey picture all they want. But he's a huge question mark.

Jets Insider VIP
    Landry way ahead of schedule :yes:

[IMG]http://students.ou.edu/M/Danny.E.Mattox-1/pictures/jay_cutler_mr_universe.jpg[/IMG]

Hah, typical Jet fans, even good news gets bad responses lol.

I am very excited to hear he is healing up and look forward to the havoc he can create when healthy.

I look forward to him laying the wood on Brady. :yes:

[QUOTE=Jordy;4490525]This is definitely one of the strangest signings I've ever seen from Tannenbaum.

IMO his was definitely a "panic" signing out of sheer desperation (or to appease Jets fans who were pleading for safety help) with a hope and a prayer that he will be able to play.

I'm not optimistic. I'd be very surprised if he makes opening day or if he is active for even 8 games.

The FO can paint a rosey picture all they want. But he's a huge question mark.[/QUOTE]

Well that's why his deal is structured so that he's paid per game on the active roster, correct? Also likely the reason we added bell for depth. The safety market is pretty sad

[QUOTE=JB1089;4490492]Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas

I was getting very worried him. I'm relieved to hear this.[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear that there haven't been any setbacks.

Anything I hear besides that I'm going to take with a grain of salt. It's not just because of Rex's abundance of optimism but also because of the annoyance of this kind of injury.

If we can get 12 healthy games from Landry this year, I'll be happy. What I don't want to see is myself anxiously looking at the injury reports each week and monitoring his progress (or lack thereof). It will get extremely frustrating by October.

[QUOTE=Tony Danza;4490547]Hah, typical Jet fans, even good news gets bad responses lol.

I am very excited to hear he is healing up and look forward to the havoc he can create when healthy.

I look forward to him laying the wood on Brady. :yes:[/QUOTE]

Brady is used to getting wood! OWWWWWWWW

Still not optimistic because he should've just gotten the surgery. The trainers think he's way ahead of schedule because they don't think much of the alternative treatment he chose. Even if he's ready to go by opening day there's a very good chance he doesn't make it through the season.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=cant wait;4490554]Well that's why his deal is structured so that he's paid per game on the active roster, correct? Also likely the reason we added bell for depth. The safety market is pretty sad[/QUOTE]
    I understand that the contract is structured to avoid paying an injured Landry.

I just don't agree with taking up a roster spot with a guy whose chances of staying healthy are less than 50%.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Tony Danza;4490547]Hah, typical Jet fans, even good news gets bad responses lol.

I look forward to him laying the wood on Brady. :yes:[/QUOTE]
    It's a realistic response.

As opposed to candy canes and rainbow lollipops in la-la land responses.

For those that say he was selfish in opting out of surgery look at [URL="http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1057624-laron-landry-sets-the-record-straight-about-his-surgery-and-being-a-redskin"]this[/URL] . Hopefully this will shed some light on the situation for people ignorant but voicing their opinions on the matter.

[QUOTE=RaoulDuke;4490536]Landry way ahead of schedule :yes:

[IMG]http://students.ou.edu/M/Danny.E.Mattox-1/pictures/jay_cutler_mr_universe.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]
    LOL. That is Landry to me, too.

I have a harder time imaging this guy playing for the Jets on Sundays than Tebow. An achilles? Really?

His 'roid brow would make Bonds wince.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sogreedy23;4490580]For those that say he was selfish in opting out of surgery look at [URL="http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1057624-laron-landry-sets-the-record-straight-about-his-surgery-and-being-a-redskin"]this[/URL] . Hopefully this will shed some light on the situation for people ignorant but voicing their opinions on the matter.[/QUOTE]
    Who here said he was selfish in opting out of surgery? :huh:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Jordy;4490525]This is definitely one of the strangest signings I've ever seen from Tannenbaum.

The FO can paint a rosey picture all they want. But he's a huge question mark.[/QUOTE]

So you didn't want them to sign the most talented player at a position they need heklp in because he's been injured?

Even if the contract they gave him protects them if he reinjures himself, doesn't bind them to him?

And they also covered themselves through the draft?

What exactly would you have liked them to do?

And do you really think that they signed a safety to appease a handful of fans? Thats a real reach, come on.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Jordy;4490591]Who here said he was selfish in opting out of surgery? :huh:[/QUOTE]

In another thread, can't remember who they were, arguing that he was a doosh, Shanny was right, he wouldn't listen, bad guy, poor locker room guy because he clashed with mgt.

Pretty stupid sh1t.

Shocking as that might be.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4490577]I understand that the contract is structured to avoid paying an injured Landry.

I just don't agree with taking up a roster spot with a guy whose chances of staying healthy are less than 50%.[/QUOTE]

Yeremiah Bell's two best years were '08 & '09.

He missed '07 with a torn Achilles.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetrider;4490615]Yeremiah Bell's two best years were '08 & '09.

He missed '07 with a torn Achilles.[/QUOTE]
    That has nothing to do with Landry.

For every one successful achilles recovery, I could probably site you 10 unsuccessful ones that ended careers.

Not to mention that Landry is taking a non-surgical approach that, as far as I know, no other professional athlete has successfully and fully recovered from.