Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Landry Way Ahead of Schedule

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;4490757]He also thinks that no one comes back from the injury.

Which isn't true at all.[/QUOTE]

No two soft tissue injuries are the same.

None of them.

You cannot look at "similar" injuries and their treatment recovery as a reliable indicator.

It's just foolish.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4490751]I do not think you know what those words mean.

_[/QUOTE]

please advise me of where I may have come up short in my meaning and usage please

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4490745]
    it would be nice if it works out positively, but I'm glad that the Jets structured his contract to void if he reinjures his achilles

AND

also that they drafted a safety and brought in Bell in case the Landry gamble turns out badly[/QUOTE]

Someone who gets it, see's the entire picture.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4490803]please advise me of where I may have come up short in my meaning and usage please[/QUOTE]

There are surgical and non-surgical methods of treating soft-tissue injuries. When I speak of non-surgical, I am speaking of traditional or cutting edge experimental treatments with scientific/medical theories behind why they work.

Holistic treatments involve "spiritual" and "psychological" aspects coupled with quasi-medical methods.

My wife had numerous surgeries, but we also did a lot of non-surgical treaments as well as some experimental cutting edge "medical" treatements that are now becoming more acceptable. Fetal stem cell transplants and chemotherapy delivered under hyper-thermia conditions to name two.

These were non-surgical medical treatments.

My wife also tried some "holistic" treatments which did not address the disease, but treated the "mind and spirit" in an effort to combat the disease "holistically".

Basically bullsh*it.

Fetal stem cells were used to arrest the immune system in failure and attempt to rebuild it.

Chemo-hyperthermia involved over-heating her body to 106 degrees F (which theoretically weakens the membrane of cancer cells) and then hitting the body with massive doses of Mytomycin, Taxol and Taxotere to kill the cells and induce anti-angiogenisis--the inhibition of the formation of arteries around the cancer tumors.

The holistic approach involved treating her mind and spirit.

I was more in favor of the non-surgical approach rather than the holistic approach.

Not the same thing. Landry is not doing a holistic treatment.

Apparently, we both like science.

_

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4490660]That has nothing to do with Landry.

For every one successful achilles recovery, I could probably site you 10 unsuccessful ones that ended careers.

Not to mention that Landry is taking a non-surgical approach that, as far as I know, no other professional athlete has successfully and fully recovered from.[/QUOTE]

Bah.

Point is, Bell is proof the injury isn't necessarily career-ending.

Landry is putting off major surgery as a last alternative if the stem cell procedure doesn't work.

Why not?

Bottom line, the Jets team doctors must've been involved in the signing.

For whatever bizarro reason, they didn't contact Dr. Jordy (aka Debbie Downer, Negative Nancy, Raggy Maggie, Sky-is-falling Scarlett, BloodyMurder Mary, WolfCry Puck) who appears to be the only one to give Landry a less than 50% chance.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info stokes.

Has Landry chosen the stem cell nonsurgical approach ?

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4490832]There are surgical and non-surgical methods of treating soft-tissue injuries. When I speak of non-surgical, I am speaking of traditional or cutting edge experimental treatments with scientific/medical theories behind why they work.

Holistic treatments involve "spiritual" and "psychological" aspects coupled with quasi-medical methods.

My wife had numerous surgeries, but we also did a lot of non-surgical treaments as well as some experimental cutting edge "medical" treatements that are now becoming more acceptable. Fetal stem cell transplants and chemotherapy delivered under hyper-thermia conditions to name two.

These were non-surgical medical treatments.

My wife also tried some "holistic" treatments which did not address the disease, but treated the "mind and spirit" in an effort to combat the disease "holistically".

Basically bullsh*it.

Fetal stem cells were used to arrest the immune system in failure and attempt to rebuild it.

Chemo-hyperthermia involved over-heating her body to 106 degrees F (which theoretically weakens the membrane of cancer cells) and then hitting the body with massive doses of Mytomycin, Taxol and Taxotere to kill the cells and induce anti-angiogenisis--the inhibition of the formation of arteries around the cancer tumors.

The holistic approach involved treating her mind and spirit.

I was more in favor of the non-surgical approach rather than the holistic approach.

Not the same thing. Landry is not doing a holistic treatment.

Apparently, we both like science.

_[/QUOTE]

Dude, do you want to go to a Mensa meeting with me?

We're allowed to bring one guest.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Owen Reed;4490874]Dude, do you want to go to a Mensa meeting with me?

We're allowed to bring one guest.[/QUOTE]

:eek:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4490865]Thanks for the info stokes.

Has Landry chosen the stem cell nonsurgical approach ?

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

Yes, he tried platelet replacement, but that didn't work so he tried stem cell treatment.

I don't know if his stem cells were fetal stem cells--the most pure building blocks. If he had it done in the US, probably not--we had to go to the Domincan Republic to have ours done. They also do it at the clinic we went to in Bavaria, but we went there specifically for the hyperthermia-chemo treatment. Farrah Fawcett and Ted Kennedy went to the clinic we went to.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Owen Reed;4490874]Dude, do you want to go to a Mensa meeting with me?

We're allowed to bring one guest.[/QUOTE]

It's actually a lot more complicated than I let on, I dumbed it down for the folks here.

_

Veteran
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4490660]That has nothing to do with Landry.

For every one successful achilles recovery, I could probably site you 10 unsuccessful ones that ended careers.

Not to mention that Landry is taking a non-surgical approach that, as far as I know, no other professional athlete has successfully and fully recovered from.[/QUOTE]

Peyton Manning went to Europe to get stem cell treatments to strengthen his neck just like Landry did to stengthen his achilles. So there's one.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Choon328;4490886]Peyton Manning went to Europe to get stem cell treatments to strengthen his neck just like Landry did to stengthen his achilles. So there's one.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

How is it that people have forgotten that Vinny T snapped his Achilles in 99 and played 8 more seasons?

Or that Marino did the same? :eek:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Choon328;4490886]Peyton Manning went to Europe to get stem cell treatments to strengthen his neck just like Landry did to stengthen his achilles. So there's one.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Probably to get fetal stem cells.

They still won't do that treatment here. Not an accepted source for them.

I'm still not convinced they work--the science of it makes sense, but maybe the delivery system doesn't have the intended consequences.

_

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4490885]It's actually a lot more complicated than I let on, I dumbed it down for the folks here.

_[/QUOTE]

I knew that.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;4490888]How is it that people have forgotten that Vinny T snapped his Achilles in 99 and played 8 more seasons?

Or that Marino did the same? :eek:[/QUOTE]

Both had surgery.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4490885]It's actually a lot more complicated than I let on, I dumbed it down for the folks here.

_[/QUOTE]

No need to.

My first BS is in biology.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4490892]Both had surgery.[/QUOTE]

Both had severed their Achilles, couldn't walk without surgery.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    How come we haven't seen multiple threads where we're complaining that the FO shouldn't have signed B Thomas given his Achilles injury?

All the worry over spending money on an injured player.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;4490893]No need to.

My first BS is in biology.[/QUOTE]

I honestly thought the anti-angiogenisis drugs were the magic bullet. It just made so much sense.

:(

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JB1089;4490492]Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    Rex says Landry is "way ahead" of where trainers thought he would be. Called it a piece of good news. #nyj

I was getting very worried him. I'm relieved to hear this.[/QUOTE]

This is great news:)