Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Convert Cars to Methanol?

[QUOTE=Warfish;4491442]So quite clearly the best answer is less Government and more appropriate less-limiting regulation, [U]not[/U] more Government via new and additional mandates, regulations and forced fuel-type monopolies by Federal fiat.

If you cannot beat the Big Government Leviathan, then join it?

With respect, no thank you.[/QUOTE]

Getting government on board doesn't necessarily require mandates or subsidies. It may mean having the executive branch put the brakes on halting progress. Pushing the EPA out of the way would be a good start. I'm all for letting the free markets decide. At the moment Government is hindering that.

Think about it. If you tried to open a business modifying vehicles to accept natty gas the EPA and all the other government agencies would come down on them like a bag of bricks. The EPA would come up with excuses why this is bad. Safety regulators would opine that this could be dangerous. It goes on and on. You might say that a tank of gasoline is carries a greater risk of explosion then a tank of natural gas and they'd ignore the argument. That is the leviathan of government from a small business perspective. Some beurocrat makes a determination and that ends the business. I would love for things to be different but if I were opening a methanol distribution business I'd need to get some politicians on board to smooth the ruffles caused by every regulatory agency that Big Government throws at anyone that comes up with a new and innovative concept.

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4491452]Think about it. If you tried to open a business modifying vehicles to accept natty gas the EPA and all the other government agencies would come down on them like a bag of bricks. The EPA would come up with excuses why this is bad. Safety regulators would opine that this could be dangerous. It goes on and on. You might say that a tank of gasoline is carries a greater risk of explosion then a tank of natural gas and they'd ignore the argument. That is the leviathan of government from a small business perspective. Some beurocrat makes a determination and that ends the business. I would love for things to be different but if I were opening a methanol distribution business I'd need to get some politicians on board to smooth the ruffles caused by every regulatory agency that Big Government throws at anyone that comes up with a new and innovative concept.[/QUOTE]

So again, the best answer is less Government and more appropriate less-limiting regulation, not more Government via new and additional mandates, regulations and forced fuel-type monopolies by Federal fiat.

Jets Insider VIP
    A perfect analogy for cheap government solutions...

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuO-SpAWq9E[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=ucrenegade;4490967] to keep their threshold on america and the american person bending over and getting a fist up their ass[/QUOTE]

they're doing [I]what [/I]with [I]what[/I]?!

seriously, wtf? :eek: