Thread: Training camp dates announced-

Jets Insider VIP

Training camp dates announced-

Jets Announce 2012 Training Camp Dates

Posted 2 hours ago

By Jets Media Relations Department

The New York Jets will officially start 2012 training camp when the team reports on Thursday, July 26, to SUNY Cortland.

The first practice open to the public will be on Saturday, July 28, the first stop of a training camp schedule that features public practices in three different locations — [B]Central New York, Long Island and New Jersey[/B]. The Jets' 2012 Training Camp is presented by JetBlue, MetLife, SNY, The Record and Toyota.

“Since I’ve been the head coach, our time in Cortland has been very important to the development of our football team both on and off the field,” said head coach Rex Ryan. “The support that we receive from the college is top-notch and the time that we spend in that environment enables us to focus on getting better while learning about each other and drawing closer together as a team.”

On Tuesday, Aug. 21, the Jets will hold a special Family Night Practice presented by JetBlue on Long Island at Hofstra University’s James M. Shuart Stadium. Also, practice will be open to the public on Thursday and Friday, Aug. 23-24, at the Atlantic Health Jets Training Center in Florham Park, N.J.

At each location, fans can enjoy Jets Fest, a football theme park with skill challengesand inflatable rides, and the Jets Shop Merchandise Tent.

You can visit newyorkjets.com for more information in the coming weeks

Jets Insider VIP
    I booked July 30-August 1 at the Country Inn and Suites which is right across the street from the Cortland facility

You can get a 20 percent discount (roughly 115 per night including taxes) but to get that discount, you need to pay in advance and there are no cancellations allowed. So I'd recommend you either book the regular rate (without the 20 percent) which allows you to cancel or modify) if you make a reservation before the full training camp schedule is published by the Jets or you might find yourself looking at an empty field with no practices scheduled.

Also, the new CBA allows 2 a days after the first 3 days of camp but only one of them can be a full practice with pads so I expect there will be one practice and one "special teams walkthrough" on most days
    Last edited by sg3; 06-13-2012 at 11:32 AM.

I remember when MetLife Stadium first opened they had a practice there...any chances they have one this year?

Jets Insider VIP
    I also checked out the Greek Peak deal (advertised right here at the JI banner), It seems like a really good deal for those who are bringing kids and are staying more than just a couple of days. I saw the place when I visited in 2010 and it is a good deal for those with families, for sure,

All League
    [QUOTE=sg3;4490584]I also checked out the Greek Peak deal (advertised right here at the JI banner), It seems like a really good deal for those who are bringing kids and are staying more than just a couple of days. I saw the place when I visited in 2010 and it is a good deal for those with families, for sure,[/QUOTE]

I'd like to do this, but don't want to book on a non practice day. Probably just looking to stay 2 nights max with the family. How long before the full schedule is released? Should I chance a booking?

Sent from my LTEvo

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=stanner;4490666]I'd like to do this, but don't want to book on a non practice day. Probably just looking to stay 2 nights max with the family. How long before the full schedule is released? Should I chance a booking?

Sent from my LTEvo[/QUOTE]

if I had to guess, the complete schedule will be announced around July 10 so you would know, at least what days there are no practices scheduled. Of course, even if you book two days when they are scheduled to practice the weather can F things up.

I booked at a more expensive rate that allows me to cancel up to 2 days before without penalty.

I don't know what the deal is at Greek Peak but I'm sure you can find out if you can book times that can be modified or not

All League
    [QUOTE=sg3;4490689]if I had to guess, the complete schedule will be announced around July 10 so you would know, at least what days there are no practices scheduled. Of course, even if you book two days when they are scheduled to practice the weather can F things up.

I booked at a more expensive rate that allows me to cancel up to 2 days before without penalty.

I don't know what the deal is at Greek Peak but I'm sure you can find out if you can book times that can be modified or not[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Do they practice on weekends (never been)? I may just roll the dice and chance it. Took the family to Jimminy Peak last summer and they liked it. This place looks similar, with the added bonus of seeing some jet players (they're all patriot fans anyway; they won't care).

Sent from my LTEvo

Jets Insider VIP
    usually no Sundays and when you get into the stage where preseason games are played they are usually out from Friday to Tuesday due to traveling etc