Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has online poker for real money in America gone for good.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Has online poker for real money in America gone for good.

I used to have about three sites I played on after the initial assault. Betonline cashed me out. Party poker would break my legs if they could.

Bodog seemed the best and I was sure it would return once again but not happening it seems. I still have fairly hefty bankrolls in that site but cant cash out, they say it will transfer over when this all passes or they setup a new site to make it kinda legal.

Any new sites as of march 2012 anyone playing on?

please add away to thread title between gone... for / but you wont.
    Last edited by thebigragu; 06-13-2012 at 12:38 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=thebigragu;4490685]I used to have about three sites I played on after the initial assault. Betonline cashed me out. Party poker would break my legs if they could.

Bodog seemed the best and I was sure it would return once again but not happening it seems. I still have fairly hefty bankrolls in that site but cant cash out, they say it will transfer over when this all passes or they setup a new site to make it kinda legal.

please add away to thread title between gone... for / but you wont.[/QUOTE]

Degenerate.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's always lemonparty....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=thebigragu;4490685]I used to have about three sites I played on after the initial assault. Betonline cashed me out. Party poker would break my legs if they could.

I will play you. Here's your hand, dealt randomly:

2c 7h

Paypal me your $20 ante and I'll show you the flop.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4491113]I will play you. Here's your hand, dealt randomly:

2c 7h

Paypal me your $20 ante and I'll show you the flop.[/QUOTE]

deal me in.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4491117]deal me in.[/QUOTE]

Ac Ah

Dude, those are awesome hole cards. Paypal quick

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4491122]Ac Ah

Dude, those are awesome hole cards. Paypal quick[/QUOTE]

I fold.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4491124]I fold.[/QUOTE]

as usual....correction... you usually bend over....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in.

-

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Check these 2 sites for the most recent Updates regarding any change in the joke of a law...poker is a game of skill and should be left alone.

ThePPA.org
    PocketFives.com

There are some who advocate CakePoker, but I think you're better off just leaving it alone, for now, as I am. I think we'll get a nice surprise after the elections in November, no politician wants to be seen as pro gambling before then. But there is just too much money the government is losing by outlawing it. Once it's taxed and regulated, they'll pick up billions plus add new jobs.

We should just wait until it opens back up...the rest of the world can play..but not in the freest country?

Good luck

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF;4491160]Check these 2 sites for the most recent Updates regarding any change in the joke of a law...poker is a game of skill and should be left alone.

ThePPA.org
    PocketFives.com

There are some who advocate CakePoker, but I think you're better off just leaving it alone, for now, as I am. I think we'll get a nice surprise after the elections in November, no politician wants to be seen as pro gambling before then. But there is just too much money the government is losing by outlawing it. Once it's taxed and regulated, they'll pick up billions plus add new jobs.

We should just wait until it opens back up...the rest of the world can play..but not in the freest country?

Good luck[/QUOTE]

Thanks I heard awful things about cakepoker. Full tilt I hear will be the first to get back on.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF;4491160] But there is just too much money the government is losing by outlawing it. Once it's taxed and regulated, they'll pick up billions plus add new jobs.

[/QUOTE]

The new jobs would be a small handful of programmers plus a few techs to maintain the servers. Taxes. Yeah, well, OK. But it probably won't come close to compensating for the fact that daddy's little addiction will now be capable of blowing the mortgage even faster, and in fact be government sponsored. Putting more people on the welfare roles, increasing crime, etc. Then there's the fact that US govt taxed online gambling would put the feds into direct competition with already extremely sleazy state-sponsored lotteries and keno. If you like poker, fine. I like it myself. Get in a car and drive the 20 minutes to any one of the thousands of places in this country where it's already legal. Why do junkies always insist on a faster way to get their fix? Cuz they're junkies, that's why.
    Last edited by BushyTheBeaver; 06-14-2012 at 12:57 AM.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=thebigragu;4491163]Thanks I heard awful things about cakepoker. Full tilt I hear will be the first to get back on.[/QUOTE]

That's why I said its best to leave it alone totally until they tax and regulate it, you could build up a nice roll on some site, next day...Surprise...big Fed insignia up on what once was a site.

When they shut it down last year I was practically physically shaking from withdrawal for close to 2 weeks haha, just like when I quit smoking, but I don't miss it as bad as I thought I would. Bring a good girl with you down to AC for a few days, relax and play live, that'll make you good until another trip in a few months.

I'm confident they pass some legislation exempted Poker from that Wire Act...it's total hypocracy anyway. I can lose my house betting on the horses or the lottery over the Internet, but I can't play cards? Why? Because they don't like that there are guys in the islands making millions off US citizens and not paying taxes.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plus they are pretty serious about getting table games in NY and I think we are less than 2-years away from that 3-step process being complete (one step completed two to go). Aquaduct is holding a seat for me.

Until then, or until the Feds get serious about legalizing online poker (possibly after this November) there are still cash games around town for those who don't want to spend 2-3 hours each way going to AC or Philadelphia. Many of these cash have been up and running for years some of them have manageable rake structures.

Alternatively you could go with Shakin'poker

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I play cash online for low stakes (100NL) and there are a number of US players who have moved to Mexico in order to play - these dudes are obviously multi-tablers and also obviously can play. When you see someone from Mexico on one of your tables basically you know you are up against a professional.

The online tournies got very soft all of a sudden after the Black Monday or whatever it was - getting to the later stages of tournies became relatively easy, variance aside.

Just as an aside, I see Phil Ivey final tabled 3 WSOP events in the last week or so - he's just head and shoulders above every other poker player on the planet. With a bit of luck he could have easily had 2 more bracelets this week - other pros have been trying to dissect what makes him so good but most are just finding him an inexplicable phenomenon. Also a New York product I believe.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Question:

Is Shakin playing with a full deck?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4491124]I fold.[/QUOTE]
    Nyet! Nyet! No More! No! Not tonight! This son of *****, all night he, "Check. Check. Check."

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4491279]Nyet! Nyet! No More! No! Not tonight! This son of *****, all night he, "Check. Check. Check."[/QUOTE]

Pay zat man he's money.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southside;4491332]Pay zat man he's money.[/QUOTE]

That movie was prescient - now poker (especially internet poker) is overrun by crazee Russians. :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4491122]Ac Ah

Dude, those are awesome hole cards. Paypal quick[/QUOTE]

I would totally double down.

_