Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Story: Young Receivers Look Up to Santonio Holmes

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Funaz;4491228]Holmes had one good season in his career. This was a season on a SB winning team, where he had Wallace taking coverages over top, and Hines ward as the teams #1 reciever. If your saying he's a special talent because he was able to get open as the #3 option on a SB winning team. I disagree.

He's an slightly above average player and nothing more. His 6 years in the NFL have proven.[/QUOTE]

Yeah except one tiny correction, Mike Wallace hadn't been drafted yet when the Steelers won the Super Bowl. Nate Washington was the third WR that yeat. But don't let a silly thing like facts get in the way of your argument.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FijiJet;4491053][SIZE="4"][B]THRILL HILL[/B]!![/SIZE] :yes: :yes::yes:[/QUOTE]

love this!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cnimbley;4491250]Yeah except one tiny correction, Mike Wallace hadn't been drafted yet when the Steelers won the Super Bowl. Nate Washington was the third WR that yeat. But don't let a silly thing like facts get in the way of your argument.[/QUOTE]

LMAO!

I'm willing to bet a lot of people will eat crow on Holmes after this year....people may still dislike his personality but they will eat crow on calling him "average" and "nothing special"

just a hunch...

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cnimbley;4491071]Yup YOU'RE correct. I did make a simple mistake, thank you for pointing it out. It has been fixed. In my defense when writing and editing something you just wrote sometimes you see what's in YOUR head and not what has been written.

Carry on.[/QUOTE]

Great article Chris & it looks like maybe, just maybe, some of the special-ed kids are coming around and realizing why the Jets picked up Holmes in the first place. I look forward to hearing some more commentary tonight on the JI radio show tonight, thanks.

:D

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    As long as he's catching passes from SANCHEZ (not Timmy), I support him.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/131/11173585standard.jpg[/IMG]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;4491050]Dear The Jets;

Please keep "young recievers" away from Holmes.

Pleeeeeeease.

Signed

Tired of this ****.

Thankee.

-[/QUOTE]

As one of those people who preferred Holmes signed over Braylon Edwards, I have learned the error of my ways and officially endorse 32 Green's POV. Holmes is a cancer unless you have a HOF QB, throwing the pigskin to him.

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Post Thanks / Like
    We got rid of Shoddy, got some young WRs (one with speed, size and talent to replace an aging one), replaced an aging RB with another young one, and got an OC who believes in running the ball, protecting the passer, protecting the ball, and being and SMART and AGGRESSIVE. And we got the most dynamic offensive player in the league to SPRINKLE IN to that. Now is the time to get pumped.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Apache 51;4491826][IMG]http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/131/11173585standard.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Is this the play that tweaked his hammy?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;4491050]Dear The Jets;

Please keep "young recievers" away from Holmes.

Pleeeeeeease.

Signed

Tired of this ****.

Thankee.

-[/QUOTE]

Maybe we should start a petition ... Sadly I am serious.

On a good note ...he is the best no. 3 receiver I know of.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    I like Santonio's game, he's shifty, great moves, makes big plays. But he's a POS, complete loser that Pittsburgh must be happy about dumping on us. Actually trading for him wasn't so bad, it was giving him $50 million. Worst move of Tannenbaum's GM career. I hope Stephen Hill's locker is on the opposite side of the lockerroom as #10's.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Apache 51;4491126][IMG]http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/8948/img0539yr.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Somebody needs a new camera. :P

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4491059] he is one of the few players that raises his game when the stakes are the highest. [/QUOTE]

... agreed ... as is sanchez ... both of them have shown the ability to pick up their performance when the pressure goes up ... i believe this is something that can not be taught ... you either have it or you don't ...

... both of them need to reasonably improve some of the other areas of their games ... we've removed the sh*tty taste ... add a RT for flavor ... mix in a blocking TE ... stir ... and we might just get some new orleans gumbo :yes: ...

l_j_r