Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RUSTOLEUM AUTO PAINT JOB....

All League

RUSTOLEUM AUTO PAINT JOB....

went to three or four paint shop and i was quoted between 1200/1500 bucks. not ready to invest that kind of money on my daily beater{ 1999 jeep cherokee sport}. i came along some of these videos on-line and it peaked my interest. the florida sun really beats on a cars paint job so i figured i would give the d.i.y. paint job a try. so far im in to it for $65. a large part of it being that i did not have the neccesary tools for this project. the car is stripped down/sanded as i type. my next step is to get it ready for two coats of primer next. when i get the videos ill upload them to my youtube channel for all to see.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oVkO...eature=related

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Love the F1 begging.

All League
    ???

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Listen to the begging of the Video, that's a Formula 1 car no other sound like it in the world.

All League
    oh i got you now... derp.

despite the corny ass music the paint job doesnt look any worse than what you would get at maaco for $699 or more.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by neevsmazda07 View Post
    oh i got you now... derp.

despite the corny ass music the paint job doesnt look any worse than what you would get at maaco for $699 or more.
    I'll take your word for it, plus like you said it's a beater.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    I'll take your word for it, plus like you said it's a beater.
    its more like my work horse lol. since i have owned the damn thing i have been fixing or replacing something on it. not because its a p.o.s but i just like to mess around with cars. i have always been like that. the body is in great shape so i am thankful for not having to buy bondo/firberglass resin. hopefully i will have the car painted soon so i can do the plastic moldings next.

Hall Of Fame
    its more like my work horse lol. since i have owned the damn thing i have been fixing or replacing something on it. not because its a p.o.s but i just like to mess around with cars. i have always been like that. the body is in great shape so i am thankful for not having to buy bondo/firberglass resin. hopefully i will have the car painted soon so i can do the plastic moldings next.
    Yeah, I'm like that with my e30's.

Jets Insider VIP
    Where's SAR at anyway?

All League
    So, those are both your trucks? Did you do anything to the plastic on the bottom of the red jeep? I always armorall the hell out of mine to prevent from fading.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    Where's SAR at anyway?
    At Earl Scheib getting a quality respray.

SAR I

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJCAP2 View Post
    So, those are both your trucks? Did you do anything to the plastic on the bottom of the red jeep? I always armorall the hell out of mine to prevent from fading.
    no, just the jeep. with the plastic i will be re-spraying them with hight temp plastic in rattle can form. i used to put amorall on them and to me it just made the color fade even faster...

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    At Earl Scheib getting a quality respray.

SAR I
    but before that a manni and a pedi right???

pm me if you want bro. i will gladly take your donation.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Yeah, I'm like that with my e30's.
    how many do you have?

pics?

I'm a sucker for an older BMW

Veteran
    went to three or four paint shop and i was quoted between 1200/1500 bucks. not ready to invest that kind of money on my daily beater{ 1999 jeep cherokee sport}. i came along some of these videos on-line and it peaked my interest. the florida sun really beats on a cars paint job so i figured i would give the d.i.y. paint job a try. so far im in to it for $65. a large part of it being that i did not have the neccesary tools for this project. the car is stripped down/sanded as i type. my next step is to get it ready for two coats of primer next. when i get the videos ill upload them to my youtube channel for all to see.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oVkO...eature=related
    Know a guy that used to own the Maako in the industrial park off Viscaya, did our 98 Jeep Wrangler for $500 including stripping and color change. He's in the same building but dropped the Maako Franchise due to the cost of carrying the name. Probably would've done you right. How are you keeping dust off of it, you have a tent or something? How ya been bro?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigFL View Post
    Know a guy that used to own the Maako in the industrial park off Viscaya, did our 98 Jeep Wrangler for $500 including stripping and color change. He's in the same building but dropped the Maako Franchise due to the cost of carrying the name. Probably would've done you right. How are you keeping dust off of it, you have a tent or something? How ya been bro?
    hey craig wassup!!!
    went to that place you mentioned last month and they wanted to charge me 1100 bucks to paint it. money i unfortunately dont have at the moment. i kept the quote in case i mess up really badly on the project. finished prepping the jeep today and she's ready for paint now. the biiggest pain in the arse is all the masking thats involved. it takes up a pretty good chunk of the day if you do it right. all the work im doing for this project is being done in my garage.

p.s.
    you still buying the first round craig???

All League
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7neKnjgLhI

lolz at the end of the video. my six year old daughter walks in....

All Pro
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7neKnjgLhI

lolz at the end of the video. my six year old daughter walks in....

Worked the rear hatch huh? I bet you did.

Love that you're rocking a Jets tee. And yeah, the little one is funny at the end.

No constructive comments. I'm as unhandy, unmechanically inclined as is humanly possible. An enormous, stressful project for me will be putting in a new door handle in my wife's car, lol.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    Worked the rear hatch huh? I bet you did.

Love that you're rocking a Jets tee. And yeah, the little one is funny at the end.

No constructive comments. I'm as unhandy, unmechanically inclined as is humanly possible. An enormous, stressful project for me will be putting in a new door handle in my wife's car, lol.

yea love my kids,they are the highlight of my day for sure. best advice i always give is that no one truly knows how good you are at something until you just dive in and try. craftsmen still has good prices on beginner tool sets. now go forth and kick ass!!!

p.s.
    chicks dig men that are good with their hands