Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: looks like 2 Jets in the top 20 of the NFL's top 100

looks like 2 Jets in the top 20 of the NFL's top 100

we're down to the final 20 and Mangold and Revis still haven't been named.

Revis I expect to be in the top 5, an improvement from #8 the year before.

Mangold makes a big jump up from #47 last year. I think the fact that the Jets got destroyed on national TV vs. the Ravens without him made the league realize how valuable he is. He really is an elite player.

I'm a bit surprised David Harris is yet to crack the top 100. I have a feeling he might do it this year....

EDIT: This does not count Tebow because it's the "Top 100 of 2012" and Tebow was a Bronco in 2012, and he was #95 and I am talking top 20
    Last edited by JetsCrazey; 06-13-2012 at 10:02 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    I don't think Mangold is making it.

The two Jets would be Revis and Tebow.

That is unless they said on NFLN that there are still 2 Jets remaining. Did they? If not, I doubt Mangold is making it.

Not that any of this matters.

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4491111]I don't think Mangold is making it.

That is unless they said that there are still 2 Jets remaining. Did they?[/QUOTE]

I am just guessing Mangold makes it....I mean how does he NOT make the top 100???? The guy is world class.

and no, none of this really matters, it's just offseason talk. i'm bored. blah.

Jets Insider VIP

That is unless they said that there are still 2 Jets remaining. Did they?

Not that any of this matters.[/QUOTE]

Tebow already made it, he was No. 95.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;4491114]Tebow already made it, he was No. 95.[/QUOTE]

I know. That is why I was asking him if he knows if 2 Jets are making it or if 2 Jets remain.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

That is unless they said on NFLN that there are still 2 Jets remaining. Did they? If not, I doubt Mangold is making it.

Not that any of this matters.[/QUOTE]

Think Tebow was 90-100.

Tebow was a Bronco in 2012....thus I don't count him

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=JetsCrazey;4491112]I am just guessing Mangold makes it....I mean how does he NOT make the top 100???? The guy is world class.

and no, none of this really matters, it's just offseason talk. i'm bored. blah.[/QUOTE]

If he doesn't make it, it tells you how much of a load of crap this list is.

But I don't think he is making it b.c I find it hard to believe they voted a Center in the Top 20.

I think Tebow @ 95 and Revis somewhere in the Top 10 will be the only players on the Jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [IMG]http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/7694/img0532zp.jpg[/IMG]

Mangold is absolutely going to make it. He's held in incredibly high regard around the league. It takes a while with these things, but it had been building for the last few years. When he went down and the offensive line performance fell off so precipitously, a lot of people realized that he wasn't just one of the important members of one of the best offensive lines in football, but was the reason for the success of that offensive line.

Then again, I just looked at the list and saw that Joe Thomas was all the way down at #82. Yeesh. I guess there's not much time to look at guys that aren't in your division and that you aren't playing against, huh?

If Carlos Rogers, John Kuhn, Tim Tebow, and Willis McGahee make this list and Nick Mangold doesn't, I'll lose a lot of respect for NFL players.

Hope David Harris is up soon, cause that will be terrible if he's not.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4491142]Hope David Harris is up soon, cause that will be terrible if he's not.[/QUOTE]

This guy.........

Wait for it.......

Is Dimitri_0515.

Mangold is clearly the best center in the league. When Mawae was here he was excellent and even still above average for some time with the Titans. I thought we'd be lucky when Mangold got drafted if he'd be as good as Mawae or slightly better. But he's on a different level and the lynchpin on the OL.

When he was out of the game you could really tell the difference. That Ravens game was very revealing. Watching Ngata burst through to pulverise Sanchez made my hair stand on end.

Speaking of OL its encouraging to hear positive reviews/tweets on Ducasse in OTA's. Also that # 3 and #4 individual weightlifting awards as voted by Jets players, went to Vlad and Slauson respectively.

Slauson in particular is excellent news because it would seem to indicate that he is well recovered from his offseason surgery.

#1 and # 2 spots went to Keller and Tebow respectively. I'm just guessing it might have some weighting/criterion on pound for pound strength. If so, it makes the #3 and #4 placings even more impressive. I would have thought a DB like Wilson would be up there.

its top players of 2012... based on thier 2012 performance. nothing to do with previous years. mangold missed some time this past year and if you guys have been watching the show, players who missed games even if it was only 2 they dropped down the list from the year before. i'm guessing mangold doesn't make it.

All League
    Mangold is not on the list. When they were doing Jahri Evans piece it said he was the highest ranked o-lineman on the list.

Maybe it will motivate Nick to dominate more than usual this year.

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that players were asked to rank the top 20 out of a list of NFL players, and they created the top 100 based on the number of votes from that (no idea how). But I can't confirm or find a link to prove it. Anyone know? I'm pretty sure it's extremely unscientific and laughable no matter what process they actually used. And that the players put zero thought into it. If Mangold is off of the list it's total joke, I agree.

Also, I think Revis is a lock top 10, but I don't think he's in the top 5. Just a hunch. You've got several elite QBs and dominant pass rushers to compete with. If I had to predict, somewhere between 6-8 for Revis.

I will be pretty surprised if anyone is in the top 3 besides Rodgers, Brees, and Brady. They defined the season last year. 1, 2, 3 in that order is an easy prediction.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 06-14-2012 at 02:43 AM.

[QUOTE=dameangreenkillingmachine;4491173]its top players of 2012... based on thier 2012 performance. nothing to do with previous years. mangold missed some time this past year and if you guys have been watching the show, players who missed games even if it was only 2 they dropped down the list from the year before. i'm guessing mangold doesn't make it.[/QUOTE]

Peyton Manning says hi

[QUOTE=Peebag;4491146]This guy.........

Wait for it.......

Is Dimitri_0515.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/XVawO.gif[/IMG]

[QUOTE=dameangreenkillingmachine;4491173]its top players of 2012... based on thier 2012 performance. nothing to do with previous years. mangold missed some time this past year and if you guys have been watching the show, players who missed games even if it was only 2 they dropped down the list from the year before. i'm guessing mangold doesn't make it.[/QUOTE]
    I thought it was top 100 of 2012 based on their 2011 performance.

Then how come Peyton is on the list even though he missed all of 2011, (at #50 no less) ; and Jahri Evans (no slouch at all) makes the list but not Mangold?

It's patently preposterous.

If Mangold is not on the list, but Manning's on it then the list is $hit. You might as well have Jerry Rice, LT and Deacon Jones on it...

[QUOTE=FijiJet;4491182]I thought it was top 100 of 2012 based on their 2011 performance.

Then how come Peyton is on the list even though he missed all of 2011, (at #50 no less) ; and Jahri Evans (no slouch at all) makes the list but not Mangold?

It's patently preposterous.

If Mangold is not on the list, but Manning's on it then the list is $hit. You might as well have Jerry Rice, LT and Deacon Jones on it...[/QUOTE]

See my post above... it's based on VOTING. The actual criteria (last year? next year?) is totally unknown. I bet it's a very simple questionnaire. By the players. And in a very unscientific way. The cream will rise to the top under any methodology but ultimately it's a way for the NFL Network to attract viewers over the offseason. Anyone who gets in a hissy over it should chill out.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 06-14-2012 at 03:10 AM.