Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: looks like 2 Jets in the top 20 of the NFL's top 100

All Pro
    Where was our all pro LT on the list.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Practicing his HOF speech.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4491120]If he doesn't make it, it tells you how much of a load of crap this list is.

But I don't think he is making it b.c I find it hard to believe they voted a Center in the Top 20.

I think Tebow @ 95 and Revis somewhere in the Top 10 will be the only players on the Jets.[/QUOTE]

They ranked a FB (Vonta Leach) in the Top 40.

I think Mangold definitely makes the list. He's been the consensus best center in football for the last 4-5 years now.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JetsCrazey;4491119]Tebow was a Bronco in 2012....thus I don't count him[/QUOTE]

They count him as a Jet on the Top 100 list.

Mangold probably won't make it. As ASG mentioned, the guys voting were asked to pick their Top 20 players in the NFL. Replies were weighted and a Top 100 list was created.

To even make the final list, a player would have to have been voted as Top 20 by some number of the voters.

All League
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4491954]They ranked a FB (Vonta Leach) in the Top 40.

I think Mangold definitely makes the list. He's been the consensus best center in football for the last 4-5 years now.[/QUOTE]

Its already been confirmed he's not.

Banned
    Regardless of player rankings, he's developed into the NFL's premier Center over the years. I never thought that our franchise could replace Mawae so quickly, then comes Mangold, and we haven't looked back since. He's only 28 years of age as well, so hopefully he'll continue to play at a high level of play for the next 7 years or so.

As it's already been mentioned, our entire offense collapsed last season while Mangold was hurt. Against the Ravens our quarterback had no time for a two step drop, our running game was non existent, our entire offensive line seemed to be in shambles without Mangold reading the opposing defenses and overall? Mangold (while he was sitting out) pretty much proved to be the Jets most valuable player, because we couldn't perform on the football field without him.

I'm anxious to see our offense as a whole with Tony Sparano controlling the playbook. We need an offensive identity, which is something we lacked with Shotty Jr.

Hall Of Fame
    Apparently Mangold [B]will not[/B] be on the list. As Woody56 stated.

[QUOTE]In other curious Top 100 developments, New Orleans Saints G Jahri Evans came in at No. 32 and will stick as the top-ranked offensive lineman in the league. New York Jets Pro Bowl C Nick Mangold will not make a list light on blockers.[/QUOTE]

[url]http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2012/06/eli-manning-voted-31st-best-player-by-peers-cam-newton-40th/1[/url]

Oh well.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=JetsCrazey;4491106]we're down to the final 20 and Mangold and Revis still haven't been named.

Revis I expect to be in the top 5, an improvement from #8 the year before.

Mangold makes a big jump up from #47 last year. I think the fact that the Jets got destroyed on national TV vs. the Ravens without him made the league realize how valuable he is. He really is an elite player.

I'm a bit surprised David Harris is yet to crack the top 100. I have a feeling he might do it this year....

EDIT: This does not count Tebow because it's the "Top 100 of 2012" and [B]Tebow was a Bronco in 2012[/B], and he was #95 and I am talking top 20[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=JetsCrazey;4491119][B]Tebow was a Bronco in 2012.[/B]...thus I don't count him[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=dameangreenkillingmachine;4491173]its top players of 2012... based on thier [B]2012 performance[/B]. nothing to do with previous years. mangold missed some time this past year and if you guys have been watching the show, players who missed games even if it was only 2 they dropped down the list from the year before. i'm guessing mangold doesn't make it.[/QUOTE]

I guess I slept through the 2012 season? What month is it? How did we do this season? :confused:

Banned
    [QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4492120]I guess I slept through the 2012 season? What month is it? How did we do this season? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Well, Tebow did play like dog crap on 1/14/2012 during a 10-45 loss to the Patriots. 9/26, 136 yards, 34.6%, 0 TD's/0 INT's, QB rating of only 52.7.

So yeah, Tebow was a Bronco in 2012. :D

So that means that someone who plays in the NFL thought that Tim Tebow was one of the 20 best players in the league last year...:eek:

And I try to defend the intelligence of professional athletes....

I think I might be done with that.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4492127]Well, Tebow did play like dog crap on 1/14/2012 during a 10-45 loss to the Patriots. 9/26, 136 yards, 34.6%, 0 TD's/0 INT's, QB rating of only 52.7.

So yeah, Tebow was a Bronco in 2012. :D[/QUOTE]

LOL, Fair enough.

[QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4492068]Regardless of player rankings, he's developed into the NFL's premier Center over the years. I never thought that our franchise could replace Mawae so quickly, then comes Mangold, and we haven't looked back since. He's only 28 years of age as well, so hopefully he'll continue to play at a high level of play for the next 7 years or so.

As it's already been mentioned, our entire offense collapsed last season while Mangold was hurt. Against the Ravens our quarterback had no time for a two step drop, our running game was non existent, our entire offensive line seemed to be in shambles without Mangold reading the opposing defenses and overall? Mangold (while he was sitting out) pretty much proved to be the Jets most valuable player, because we couldn't perform on the football field without him.

I'm anxious to see our offense as a whole with Tony Sparano controlling the playbook. We need an offensive identity, which is something we lacked with Shotty Jr.[/QUOTE]
    Exactly. You should post more often bro

Are these done by different publications? I feel like there have already been at least 2 top 100 lists this offseason.

Jets Insider VIP
    this one is supposedly done by a poll of NFL players

but if they left Mangold who will someday be inducted into the HOF in Canton out of their top 100, it proves that a large number of NFL players were never required to go to classes while attending major academic institutions throughout the United States

These polls are the dumbest !@#4ing things ever created...totally meaningless BS.

I guess the NFLN needs to do this to generate buzz in the offseason. :zzz:

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=jetlifer;4492372]These polls are the dumbest !@#4ing things ever created...totally meaningless BS.

I guess the NFLN needs to do this to generate buzz in the offseason. :zzz:[/QUOTE]

You got it.

just goes to show how stupid some of these players are.

Banned
    So, Tim Tebow made the list, a below average quarterback who was just traded by Denver for crap... But yet, the NFL's premier Center as of right now in Nick Mangold was left off the list? Makes sense. I've always enjoyed NFL Network over ESPN, but maybe I should switch back to ESPN?

All Pro
    Thi is the most bogus list. The NFL network reported that players are to vote for the top 20 players in the sport and they would tabulate the top 100 from that. What player in their right mind would vote for Tim Tebow, Willis Mghee, Hakeem Nicks in their top 20. These are not top 20 players. Its a charade and a mockery, I would not take this to seriously.