Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: VIP access to Jets Mini Camp?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

VIP access to Jets Mini Camp?

I asked a staff member at practice today who gets VIP access and he said it was for season ticket holders. I told him that I was a season ticket holder, and he said that I needed to get an email invite. Anyone get an invite for VIP?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Gastineau99;4491474]I asked a staff member at practice today who gets VIP access and he said it was for season ticket holders. I told him that I was a season ticket holder, and he said that I needed to get an email invite. Anyone get an invite for VIP?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure its for Club seat season ticket holders.......I was there today - happy to get autographs from Mangold and Keller but Sanchez/Tebow pretty much stayed in the VIP area...didnt see them sign for one kid outside the club zone....then the peons were chased out by security while VIPs mingled with players....class warfare once again for the Jets - my $15K PSL not enough to get access to the exclusive club.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    [QUOTE=Gastineau99;4491474]I asked a staff member at practice today who gets VIP access and he said it was for season ticket holders. I told him that I was a season ticket holder, and he said that I needed to get an email invite. Anyone get an invite for VIP?[/QUOTE]

You're PSL is obviously not substantial enough. :huh:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, $10k PSLs not good enough to get VIP passes. Oh well.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trust me you are not missing much.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BrowningNagle;4491540]Pretty sure its for Club seat season ticket holders.......I was there today - happy to get autographs from Mangold and Keller but Sanchez/Tebow pretty much stayed in the VIP area...didnt see them sign for one kid outside the club zone....then the peons were chased out by security while VIPs mingled with players....class warfare once again for the Jets - my $15K PSL not enough to get access to the exclusive club.[/QUOTE]

Sanchez, Tebow and the other QB's signed autographs in the kids zone yesterday. Sanchez left after signing for 15mins while Tebow stayed and took pics/signed autographs for every fan that was in the kids zone. I have to give the Jets a lot of credit for coming up with the kid zone idea, it really gave the younger fans an easy and peaceful way for them to get autographs and pics with their favorite Jets players.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BrowningNagle;4491540]Pretty sure its for Club seat season ticket holders.......I was there today - happy to get autographs from Mangold and Keller but Sanchez/Tebow pretty much stayed in the VIP area...didnt see them sign for one kid outside the club zone....then the peons were chased out by security while VIPs mingled with players....class warfare once again for the Jets - my $15K PSL not enough to get access to the exclusive club.[/QUOTE]

I'm a club seat holder and didn't get any special invitation.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rgoltsch;4492134]I'm a club seat holder and didn't get any special invitation.[/QUOTE]

Make sure they have the correct email address on file for you, that is how they send the invites out, just like the vip draft party. And yeah, it is for club seats, regular psl doesn't get them. They will probably do it again in august when they do some of the late training camp in NJ, they did it last year.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TGJoe;4493184]Make sure they have the correct email address on file for you, that is how they send the invites out, just like the vip draft party. And yeah, it is for club seats, regular psl doesn't get them. They will probably do it again in august when they do some of the late training camp in NJ, they did it last year.[/QUOTE]

I know they have my correct email address, I get a lot of communication from them. I am thinking the VIP status was for the high rollers, like those in the Coaches Club and stuff.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tailgate Joe is probably right -- suite holders and coaches and great hall club only probably.

Probably not worth investing that level of big bucks for a VIP invite to two thrilling practices in early June

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's really only for people with Club Seats and those with disabilities. I went with a friend of mine who's in a wheelchair and we were just going to watch practice from behind the green "fence" like everyone else, like we've done for years, but on our way in we were stopped and a couple of interns asked us if we wanted to go in the VIP and so of course we accepted. Was a good time. Met Aaron Glenn and Tim Tebow for the first time, amongst others I had met before at other events. Not that crazy though. Nothing you should be overly jealous of, unless you want to meet Tim Tebow or Mark Sanchez, because they stayed with the VIP's, but Sanchez in years passed has mingled with the non-VIP's plenty.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rgoltsch;4493663]I know they have my correct email address, I get a lot of communication from them. I am thinking the VIP status was for the high rollers, like those in the Coaches Club and stuff.[/QUOTE]

That's odd, this is what the invite email always says
    "As a Club Holder, you and a guest are cordially invited to the 2012 Jets Mini Camp"

We have 2 in chase/lexus club sideline, which are on the higher end as far as clubs go, but the invites always seem like they are open to all club holders. Maybe whoever runs these events is working off of an email list you are not on for some reason? I would contact them if you are a club seat holder. They will likely be doing this again in august.