Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anyone else getting excited about this team?

Is anyone else getting excited about this team?

I love what I'm hearing, reading, seeing (Jets official site) about this team.
    It seems the theme is lean, mean & fast!
    Wilson in his 3rd year
    Mo Wilkerson with an entire camp strength & conditioning
    Ellis
    Coples
    Davis
    Bell will be a HUGE addition (guy has a nose for the ball) & playing with Revis & an amped up Dline will help even more.

On offense, Sparano is emphasizing the two things that killed this team last year, turnovers & horrible tempo. If he can get Sanchez completion % just a little bit better, so we can convert more 3rd downs, the defense will benefit the most.

Also, although I'm not a Tebow fan when it comes to playing QB, he is gonna be a massive challenge to a tired defense. 250Lbs running up behind the best center in the league! That will be very hard to stop on short yardage, adding to our 3rd down conversions, again helping out the D.

I love these coaches, Rex- Sparano- Westhoff- Dunbar- Sanjay, that is one hell of a staff!
    This team will be like night & day to 2011, you can just feel it. I'm telling you, the Steelers will have 2 rooks on that Oline & this Jet teams speed is way better than in 2010. Those Rooks might be good but no rookie is ready for a Rex led defense with added speed.
    If I were a Steeler fan, this would not be a matchup I'm looking for. Hell, maybe Wallace will hold out for a couple of games,lol.
    Jets match up well with the Bills.
    The early season doesn't scare me at all. Can't wait to see Alex Smith trying to throw at Revis. Jets stop the run that day, Alex might not survive.
    It's time we had some optimism in this forum.

All Pro
    I'm always excited about the Jets, even when they stink. But yes, this team is interesting.

I'm very excited to see this defense in action. I think it could be special.

With the offense it's probably more curiousity than anything.

[QUOTE=Austin;4491550]I'm always excited about the Jets, even when they stink. But yes, this team is interesting.

With the offense it's probably more curiousity than anything.[/QUOTE]

At least the offense will be more powerful. I know that Mangold was out but man, that Ravens game was embarrassing.
    I think Sparano, "gets" Mark Sanchez. The dude is a high tempo, throw the ball down the field player who needs to be ENGAGED at all times.
    Under Shoddy & his slow azz tempo, lets use 9 plays to set up one play style was just not Sanchez game.
    Do not let Mark "think too much". Let him play.
    Can u imagine goal line with Ducasse as the TE & Tebow at 250Lbs at QB!
    I'm telling you guys right now there are not many defenses designed in todays NFL that could stop that. Tebow could run behind Nick all day long.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Nope. I don't even know why I post here.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I just checked. Apparently I am semi-excited about this team.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Excited, young team Rex and Sanchez in their 4th year we need to see major improvement, but more importantly we must move in the right direction with this young team 2/3 years who knows what could happen.

[QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4491574]Nope. I don't even know why I post here.[/QUOTE]

For the most part this board sucks, no real discussion, trolls ruining every thread but I stay on for the few posters that actually like to talk Jets football & have a great sense of humor.

[QUOTE=shakin318;4491578]I just checked. Apparently I am semi-excited about this team.[/QUOTE]

Might just be the wind!:D

fvck yes I'm excited

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEIqf-DF9x0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEIqf-DF9x0[/URL]

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    This just might bring BG back.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Austin;4491550]I'm always excited about the Jets, even when they stink. But yes, this team is interesting.

With the offense it's probably more curiousity than anything.[/QUOTE]

Agreed....we're ALL potential SB winners in the pre-season.

I am MORE optimistic in our offense now. I assume (pray actually) that our D is strong and that a game managed offense will win.

Sort of like the JETS in the 1969 SB...RUN the ball, short passes.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetster;4491542]I love what I'm hearing, reading, seeing (Jets official site) about this team.
    Wilson in his 3rd year
    Ellis
    Coples
    Davis
    Bell will be a HUGE addition (guy has a nose for the ball) & playing with Revis & an amped up Dline will help even more.

On offense, Sparano is emphasizing the two things that killed this team last year, turnovers & horrible tempo. If he can get Sanchez completion % just a little bit better, so we can convert more 3rd downs, the defense will benefit the most.

Also, although I'm not a Tebow fan when it comes to playing QB, he is gonna be a massive challenge to a tired defense. 250Lbs running up behind the best center in the league! That will be very hard to stop on short yardage, adding to our 3rd down conversions, again helping out the D.

I love these coaches, Rex- Sparano- Westhoff- Dunbar- Sanjay, that is one hell of a staff!
    This team will be like night & day to 2011, you can just feel it. I'm telling you, the Steelers will have 2 rooks on that Oline & this Jet teams speed is way better than in 2010. Those Rooks might be good but no rookie is ready for a Rex led defense with added speed.
    If I were a Steeler fan, this would not be a matchup I'm looking for. Hell, maybe Wallace will hold out for a couple of games,lol.
    The early season doesn't scare me at all. Can't wait to see Alex Smith trying to throw at Revis. Jets stop the run that day, Alex might not survive.
    It's time we had some optimism in this forum.[/QUOTE]

Nice post and agree on all... Def have imporved this year on paper and if healthy, they should be a team to reckon with this year..

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=jetster;4491592]For the most part this board sucks, no real discussion, trolls ruining every thread but I stay on for the few posters that actually like to talk Jets football & have a great sense of humor.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if this is a compliment or an insult.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=jetster;4491542]I love what I'm hearing, reading, seeing (Jets official site) about this team.
    Wilson in his 3rd year
    Ellis
    Coples
    Davis

It's time we had some optimism in this forum.[/QUOTE]

Great post! I am very optimistic about the Jets.

I always have a boner in the summer.

[QUOTE=jetster;4491592]For the most part this board sucks, no real discussion, trolls ruining every thread but I stay on for the few posters that actually like to talk Jets football & have a great sense of humor.[/QUOTE]

I don't like talking Jets football and I have no sense of humor. I come here because I need constant reminders about the difference between your and you're. Plus I already know how to spell bandwagon, and I need to be ready in case Rex delivers.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=jetster;4491542]This team will be like night & day to 2011, you can just feel it.[/QUOTE]

Maybe its just gas.

I'm really excited to see the rookies. It sounds like we added 3 good young starters, and I think some of the late round picks like bush could be a nice surprise

[QUOTE=Apache 51;4491599]This just might bring BG back.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it. We've already sent the bat signal. If young hot asian womenz wont bring him back nothing will.

hold your horses.

history will tell you something about the jets. to me it looks like the jets have a question mark at the q.b. position.the safety position is still a question mark.the defensive line looks good on paper.but the only proven player is pouha.the offensive line is still a question mark with slauson coming off major surgery.right tackle is still up in the air.it would not surprise me if the jets will have a down year.I hope that I am wrong.but my better judgement tells me.not to have high hopes for the jets this year.