Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone else getting excited about this team?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm still very skeptical about the offense but I'm excited as hell about the defense.

Our DL was already arguably the strongest unit on this team, now it's just sick. Wilkerson and Coples as the bookends is f*cking nasty and we all know that Pouha has developed into one of the better NT's in the league. Add in Devito, Richardson, Dixon, etc and you have yourselves the makings of a potentially dominant defensive line that is also extremely versatile. I could see a guy like Maybin cracking the double digits in sacks with this line in front of him.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bullitt929;4491642]I don't like talking Jets football and I have no sense of humor. I come here because I need constant reminders about the difference between your and you're. Plus I already know how to spell bandwagon, and I need to be ready in case Rex delivers.[/QUOTE]

this made me lol

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4491732]I'm still very skeptical about the offense but I'm excited as hell about the defense.

Our DL was already arguably the strongest unit on this team, now it's just sick. Wilkerson and Coples as the bookends is f*cking nasty and we all know that Pouha has developed into one of the better NT's in the league. Add in Devito, Richardson, Dixon, etc and you have yourselves the makings of a potentially dominant defensive line that is also extremely versatile. I could see a guy like Maybin cracking the double digits in sacks with this line in front of him.[/QUOTE]

:yes: this D is gonna be sick. Great young line. Pretty damn good secondary. All the offense has to do is hold up their end of the bargain, and this team could take off.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    getting rid of Schotty was the biggest and best move. Addition by subtraction. The offense will actually make sense to the players now.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetster;4491542]I love what I'm hearing, reading, seeing (Jets official site) about this team.
    It seems the theme is lean, mean & fast!
    Wilson in his 3rd year
    Mo Wilkerson with an entire camp strength & conditioning
    Ellis
    Coples
    Davis
    Bell will be a HUGE addition (guy has a nose for the ball) & playing with Revis & an amped up Dline will help even more.

On offense, Sparano is emphasizing the two things that killed this team last year, turnovers & horrible tempo. If he can get Sanchez completion % just a little bit better, so we can convert more 3rd downs, the defense will benefit the most.

Also, although I'm not a Tebow fan when it comes to playing QB, he is gonna be a massive challenge to a tired defense. 250Lbs running up behind the best center in the league! That will be very hard to stop on short yardage, adding to our 3rd down conversions, again helping out the D.

I love these coaches, Rex- Sparano- Westhoff- Dunbar- Sanjay, that is one hell of a staff!
    This team will be like night & day to 2011, you can just feel it. I'm telling you, the Steelers will have 2 rooks on that Oline & this Jet teams speed is way better than in 2010. Those Rooks might be good but no rookie is ready for a Rex led defense with added speed.
    If I were a Steeler fan, this would not be a matchup I'm looking for. Hell, maybe Wallace will hold out for a couple of games,lol.
    Jets match up well with the Bills.
    The early season doesn't scare me at all. Can't wait to see Alex Smith trying to throw at Revis. Jets stop the run that day, Alex might not survive.
    It's time we had some optimism in this forum.[/QUOTE]

Nice post. I'm very excited about our defense as a whole, especially our defensive line after the addition of Coples. It's been a very long time since we've been young on the defensive front. We now have the ability to run a versatile defense, it all starts up front, and we all know that Rex loves his defensive lines. Coples, DeVito returning, Pouha has came into his own, both Wilkerson and Ellis are heading into their 2nd years etc, etc. I envision it being a grind in regards to opposing offenses moving the ball with their run game due to our talent on the defensive front. I feel Harris will benefit in more ways than one due to our re-vamped d-line over the past two years. Hopefully these guys can collapse the pocket on a consistent basis, where our pass rushers can actually generate a respectable pass rush without having to send the house like we've been forced to do over the years. Time will tell.

In regards to Tebow? I'm pumped. I believe that Sanchez is the much better quarterback in regards to being a pure quarterback, but Tebow is a football player. We thought that our 'razorback formation' was solid with Shotty using Brad Smith? Just wait until we're watching Sparano's version of the Wildcat with Tebow as the center piece. With Tebow lining up behind a great run blocking Center in Mangold? It'll be tough to stop during short yardage situations.

Now is the time to ground and pound. We're built for it on the offensive end of the ball. Hopefully our defense stays fresh this season, with our offense controlling time of possession. We actually have some offensive playmakers too in Tebow, Holmes, Stephen Hill, Kerley coming out of the slot, McKnight coming out of the backfield, Keller as our pass catching TE and hopefully Cumberland has rebounded strongly from injury, because he had an outstanding preseason last season. I do wish we had Plaxico though, would have made for an excellent red zone option.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think they'll rebound, it's pretty hard not to see that happening.

My prediction is as follows:

Jets will have the number 1 defense

Jets record will be 10-6, good enough for a wild card spot.

I don't believe they'll make it as far as they did in 09 and 10 though... Probably one and done.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4492085]Nice post. I'm very excited about our defense as a whole, especially our defensive line after the addition of Coples. It's been a very long time since we've been young on the defensive front. We now have the ability to run a versatile defense, it all starts up front, and we all know that Rex loves his defensive lines. Coples, DeVito returning, Pouha has came into his own, both Wilkerson and Ellis are heading into their 2nd years etc, etc. I envision it being a grind in regards to opposing offenses moving the ball with their run game due to our talent on the defensive front. I feel Harris will benefit in more ways than one due to our re-vamped d-line over the past two years. Hopefully these guys can collapse the pocket on a consistent basis, where our pass rushers can actually generate a respectable pass rush without having to send the house like we've been forced to do over the years. Time will tell.

In regards to Tebow? I'm pumped. I believe that Sanchez is the much better quarterback in regards to being a pure quarterback, but Tebow is a football player. We thought that our 'razorback formation' was solid with Shotty using Brad Smith? Just wait until we're watching Sparano's version of the Wildcat with Tebow as the center piece. With Tebow lining up behind a great run blocking Center in Mangold? It'll be tough to stop during short yardage situations.

Now is the time to ground and pound. We're built for it on the offensive end of the ball. Hopefully our defense stays fresh this season, with our offense controlling time of possession. We actually have some offensive playmakers too in Tebow, Holmes, Stephen Hill, Kerley coming out of the slot, McKnight coming out of the backfield, Keller as our pass catching TE and hopefully Cumberland has rebounded strongly from injury, because he had an outstanding preseason last season. I do wish we had Plaxico though, would have made for an excellent red zone option.[/QUOTE]

Welcome back Skittles. Where ya been? Camping with the wife? Good to see you here in '12.;)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GuidoYaztremski;4492096]Welcome back Skittles. Where ya been? Camping with the wife? Good to see you here in '12.;)[/QUOTE]

yep it's him... ya beat me to it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4492085]Nice post. I'm very excited about our defense as a whole, especially our defensive line after the addition of Coples. It's been a very long time since we've been young on the defensive front. We now have the ability to run a versatile defense, it all starts up front, and we all know that Rex loves his defensive lines. Coples, DeVito returning, Pouha has came into his own, both Wilkerson and Ellis are heading into their 2nd years etc, etc. I envision it being a grind in regards to opposing offenses moving the ball with their run game due to our talent on the defensive front. I feel Harris will benefit in more ways than one due to our re-vamped d-line over the past two years. Hopefully these guys can collapse the pocket on a consistent basis, where our pass rushers can actually generate a respectable pass rush without having to send the house like we've been forced to do over the years. Time will tell.

Now is the time to ground and pound. We're built for it on the offensive end of the ball. Hopefully our defense stays fresh this season, with our offense controlling time of possession. We actually have some offensive playmakers too in Tebow, Holmes, Stephen Hill, Kerley coming out of the slot, McKnight coming out of the backfield, Keller as our pass catching TE and hopefully Cumberland has rebounded strongly from injury, because he had an outstanding preseason last season. I do wish we had Plaxico though, would have made for an excellent red zone option.[/QUOTE]

and as you know, Defense Wins Championships

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4492137]and as you know, Defense Wins Championships[/QUOTE]

I strongly agree. We did land consecutive trips to the AFC Championship game during Ryan's first two years, and it wasn't because Sanchez or our "explosive" offense; it was all because of our defense. I truly believe that we're on the verge of fielding our best defense to date under Rex this coming season, and if our offense can improve upon previous seasons? We're a tough out.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    you'd think this is a rhetorical question...

but sadly its not..it's jets fans we're talking about...

yes, i've been excited for this team....im feeling a big rebound year

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4491732]I'm still very skeptical about the offense but I'm excited as hell about the defense.

Our DL was already arguably the strongest unit on this team, now it's just sick. Wilkerson and Coples as the bookends is f*cking nasty and we all know that Pouha has developed into one of the better NT's in the league. Add in Devito, Richardson, Dixon, etc and you have yourselves the makings of a potentially dominant defensive line that is also extremely versatile. I could see a guy like Maybin cracking the double digits in sacks with this line in front of him.[/QUOTE]

Even though obviously the offense is all about how Sanchez performs. I think I'm more worried about our backfield rather then our WR's as I was once before. Atleast now with Hill there's potential for improvement in that area. Are we really ready to rely on Greene and Mcknight?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Owen Reed;4491636]I always have a boner in the summer.[/QUOTE]

Beautiful, that should be on your gravestone.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetster;4491592]For the most part this board sucks, no real discussion, trolls ruining every thread but I stay on for the few posters that actually like to talk Jets football & have a great sense of humor.[/QUOTE]
    Count me in. I like interacting with genuine Jets fans who want nothing but the best for their team. And can appreciate when the organisation is striving for higher achievements and moving in a determined direction. Not lukewarm posts from Jets "fans" which are neither here no there, and are frankly depressing. At least with the trolls its obvious what their issue is, and are basically worthless and stinking up JI...

I look forward to a great season from a young, well coached, motivated and talented Jets team.

J-E-T-S! JETS!! JETS!! JETS!!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetster;4491542]

Is anyone else getting excited about this team?

[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/40oz_laugh_in_tub.gif[/IMG]

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    *yawn* How sad ^^

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FijiJet;4492218]*yawn* How sad ^^[/QUOTE]

right? I thought this guy would have figured out his shtick was played out by now

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cant wait;4492221]right? I thought this guy would have figured out his shtick was played out by now[/QUOTE]

No, the "schtick" is thinking this team can be good. Open your eyes. Same team as last year, tougher schedule, weaker head coach.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jets rooter;4491700]history will tell you something about the jets. to me it looks like the jets have a question mark at the q.b. position.the safety position is still a question mark.the defensive line looks good on paper.but the only proven player is pouha.the offensive line is still a question mark with slauson coming off major surgery.right tackle is still up in the air.it would not surprise me if the jets will have a down year.I hope that I am wrong.but my better judgement tells me.not to have high hopes for the jets this year.[/QUOTE]

you just killed my stiffy

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4492227]No, the "schtick" is thinking this team can be good. Open your eyes. Same team as last year, tougher schedule, weaker head coach.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Same team as last year? News to me, because I never knew that Sanchez was only heading into his 3rd season, that DeVito is still hurt and/or that Kerley, Wilkerson and Ellis were still considered as being rookies? If this were the same team as last year, that's news to the rest of us, because the last time we checked? Tebow, Cumberland, Quinton Coples, Stephen Hill, Demario Davis, Yeremiah Bell and LaRon Landry all say otherwise. So do the injuries to our offensive line. Same team as last year? Which means that Sparano is still with the Dolphins while Shotty Jr's still controlling our offensive playbook yet again?

Did you expect for the front office to completely blow up the entire ship, despite the fact that we've landed two AFC Championship game appearances over the past three years?

Last but not least, I wouldn't consider last years 6-10 Dolphins (x2), 6-10 Bills (x2), 2-14 Colts, 7-9 Seahawks, 2-14 Rams, 8-8 Cardinals, 5-11 Jaguars, 9-7 Titans and 8-8 Chargers as being an "extremely tough" schedule.

Yes, we also have the Steelers, 49ers and Texans... But lets not act like this schedule is tougher when compared to last year, because it's not. Last season we had the Cowboys, Ravens, Eagles and Giants on our schedule. We lost 3 of those 4 games.