Thread: Jordan White signs

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Jordan White signs

[url]http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-1/Jets-Sign-7th-Round-WR-White/296a4d4a-4ca9-4567-baf0-10b1793baa7d[/url]

Terms not mentioned at this link, but I'm glad to see he signed.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    four-years, $2.14 million

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;4491618]four-years, $2.14 million[/QUOTE]
    Not bad for a guy with a broken foot. I'm glad they got something done.

Like I said. He'll probably be ready to go before Landry is.
    Last edited by Jordy; 06-14-2012 at 04:15 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;4491618]four-years, $2.14 million[/QUOTE]

Wow. He must have made a real impression on Rex and Tanny.

Any of it guaranteed? Edit - No terms. Guess I should read.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4491738]Wow. He must have made a real impression on Rex and Tanny.

Any of it guaranteed? Edit - No terms. Guess I should read.[/QUOTE]

That's how the rookie contracts are slotted now. Not sure if it's guaranteed. I know first-rounder's deals are, not sure if it applies to the later-round picks.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;4491745]That's how the rookie contracts are slotted now. Not sure if it's guaranteed. I know first-rounder's deals are, not sure if it applies to the later-round picks.[/QUOTE]

Wow. Even the late rounds are slotted like that? I knew the early picks were slotted, didn't think it applied to all rounds.

Anyways, good for him. Hopefully we get to see him contribute this year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4491748]Wow. Even the late rounds are slotted like that? I knew the early picks were slotted, didn't think it applied to all rounds.

Anyways, good for him. Hopefully we get to see him contribute this year.[/QUOTE]
    This guys was extremely productive in college and Rex/Sparano/Lal must think he'll be a good option for Sanchez (prolly safety valve) in the pros.

Good on the young man

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FijiJet;4492270][B]This guys was extremely productive in college[/B] and Rex/Sparano/Lal must think he'll be a good option for Sanchez (prolly safety valve) in the pros.

Good on the young man[/QUOTE]

One of the main reasons why he went so late during the draft, was because of his age due to the fact that he spent 6 years in college.

Had his breakout season back in 2010 putting up 1,378 yards receiving, which broke his single-season school record set two years prior by Jamarko Simmons. Last year he pretty much exploded. Caught a career high 16 passes for 238 yards against Toledo. I'd like to go back and watch that game (Youtube maybe)? Sounds like one hell of a performance though. White had 127 receptions for 1,646 yards last season, ranking first among NCAA Division I FBS players in both categories. He also led the FBS with averages of 10.57 receptions per game and 137.17 receiving yards per game.

He may have played for a small program, but sounds like we've landed a potentially strong value pick during the 7th round, due to the fact that White stayed in school for 6 years.

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udLmbgdYDyo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udLmbgdYDyo[/URL]