Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: When Jets fly north to Cortland for training camp, things could get ugly again

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

When Jets fly north to Cortland for training camp, things could get ugly again

[SIZE="5"]When Jets fly north to Cortland for training camp, things could get ugly again[/SIZE]

Daily News

The moving vans will be pulling up to the loading dock at the Jetsí facility in Florham Park in another month to transport all their gear to Cortland for training camp. It would be appropriate if there was a sign at the exit on I-81 welcoming the circus back to town.

The Jets wrapped up their offseason training on Thursday and wonít reconvene until July 26 in upstate New York, but it will take more than these few weeks of OTAs and three days of minicamp to prove the scars have healed from the dysfunction that doomed them at the end of last season when they lost their last three games.

ďWe will have a close football team,Ē Rex Ryan said Thursday. ďWe are not going to beat ourselves with infighting. Thatís a thing of the past.Ē

Even though the Jets are preaching harmony, remember itís only June, and they will face major issues in Cortland. Will Darrelle Revis even show up? Can Santonio Holmes stop being a knucklehead? And will this explosive quarterback controversy the Jets created between Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow overwhelm Sanchez or make him better?

All the Jetsí problems are self-inflicted.

They were so desperate to sign Revis two years ago that they gave him the impression that the four-year, $46 million deal he signed two weeks before the season was really a front-loaded two-year deal ($32.5 million) that would be upgraded in Year 3. They traded for Tebow knowing he is the most popular player in the league and that Sanchez might be the most immature quarterback in the league.

And who exactly forced them to invest in Holmes with a five-year, $45 million contract days after the lockout ended last year? The only reason Rex Ryan named him a captain ó Holmes a captain, really? ó is because his teammates never would have voted him one.

Holmes rewarded Ryanís loyalty by arguing with his teammates on the field in the last game in Miami and then getting benched. Holmes apparently has not changed. He stormed off the field last week because he felt the Jets were working him too hard.

If the Jets are in for another Summer of Revis, then itís going to be another long summer up in Cortland, just like it was two years ago. In 2010, it was clear he was going to hold out and not play for $1 million. Now itís harder to figure. If the Jets donít make a move to renegotiate ó and so far, they havenít given any indication they will even talk about it ó then Revis cares little about public reaction and is not worried about his reputation. But that doesnít mean heís going to hold out.

(you can't blame Rich Cimini for this one)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Gangrene;4492219][SIZE="5"]When Jets fly north to Cortland for training camp, things could get ugly again[/SIZE]

Daily News

The moving vans will be pulling up to the loading dock at the Jetsí facility in Florham Park in another month to transport all their gear to Cortland for training camp. It would be appropriate if there was a sign at the exit on I-81 welcoming the circus back to town.

The Jets wrapped up their offseason training on Thursday and wonít reconvene until July 26 in upstate New York, but it will take more than these few weeks of OTAs and three days of minicamp to prove the scars have healed from the dysfunction that doomed them at the end of last season when they lost their last three games.

ďWe will have a close football team,Ē Rex Ryan said Thursday. ďWe are not going to beat ourselves with infighting. Thatís a thing of the past.Ē

Even though the Jets are preaching harmony, remember itís only June, and they will face major issues in Cortland. Will Darrelle Revis even show up? Can Santonio Holmes stop being a knucklehead? And will this explosive quarterback controversy the Jets created between Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow overwhelm Sanchez or make him better?

All the Jetsí problems are self-inflicted.

They were so desperate to sign Revis two years ago that they gave him the impression that the four-year, $46 million deal he signed two weeks before the season was really a front-loaded two-year deal ($32.5 million) that would be upgraded in Year 3. They traded for Tebow knowing he is the most popular player in the league and that Sanchez might be the most immature quarterback in the league.

And who exactly forced them to invest in Holmes with a five-year, $45 million contract days after the lockout ended last year? The only reason Rex Ryan named him a captain ó Holmes a captain, really? ó is because his teammates never would have voted him one.

Holmes rewarded Ryanís loyalty by arguing with his teammates on the field in the last game in Miami and then getting benched. Holmes apparently has not changed. He stormed off the field last week because he felt the Jets were working him too hard.

If the Jets are in for another Summer of Revis, then itís going to be another long summer up in Cortland, just like it was two years ago. In 2010, it was clear he was going to hold out and not play for $1 million. Now itís harder to figure. If the Jets donít make a move to renegotiate ó and so far, they havenít given any indication they will even talk about it ó then Revis cares little about public reaction and is not worried about his reputation. But that doesnít mean heís going to hold out.

(you can't blame Rich Cimini for this one)[/QUOTE]

Who wrote this? That is NOT a Manish article. What a myopic viewpoint.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;4492230]Who wrote this? That is NOT a Manish article. What a myopic viewpoint.[/QUOTE]

If not Mehta and if the Daily News then it sounds like the typical ignorant negative Jet hating slobbering of the rug wearing little rodent Myers, the football authority who actually makes John Clayton look like a tall athlete

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by sg3; 06-15-2012 at 12:00 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;4492230]Who wrote this? That is NOT a Manish article. What a myopic viewpoint.[/QUOTE]

[URL]http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-fly-north-cortland-training-camp-ugly-article-1.1096072[/URL]

Looks like no one had the balls to put a name to the article. And after your request for the author they locked out other comments.

FY and STFU daily pos notnews

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4492236]If not Mehta and if the Daily News then it sounds like the typical ignorant negative Jet hating slobbering of the rug wearing little rodent Myers, the football authority who actually makes John Clayton look like a tall athlete

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

LOL.

I think Mehta at least contributed to it. The negative overtone reeks of his "work."

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow what a f*cking piece of garbage. I wish I was an editor for another paper so I could slam their stuff regularly.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    The article could just as easily said something like "When the Jets fly north to Cortland for training camp, things should improve just fine".

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    starts of with the premise that they fly north to Cortland when, at least from what I think I remember from Hard Knocks, they bus from FP to Cortland

and then proceeds with just about every other imaginable error in information

maybe there is a reason that the douche wouldn't attach his name to this masterpiece

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    It's that d-bag Myers.

He's got his name on that drivel now.

[url]http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is one thing for a "reporter" not to reveal their sources, but for a "reporter" not to reveal themselves??????????????????

Manish definitely contributed to the article. That goes without saying.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;4492248]LOL.

I think Mehta at least contributed to it. The negative overtone reeks of his "work."[/QUOTE]

It's not Mehta at all.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Apparently it is Gary Myers.

[url]http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football[/url]

Not sure how long it will be up b.c it is a headline in the sport section. But take a look.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://www.nydailynews.com/nydn/img/static/columnists/hdr/col_hdr_myers.jpg[/IMG]

words are not needed

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's the simgle most piece-of-sheet article I've seen of the off season. Makes Cimini seem Pulitzer worthy.

I hate the NY Jets local press. A collection of low-lifes. Please, may the journalism gods protect Jenny Ventras from contracting this horrible horrible disease. Sadly, it's quite contagious and can infect even those you think are immune... as in the case of Mehta.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wish Gary Meyers had an ignore button

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;4492346]It's the simgle most piece-of-sheet article I've seen of the off season. Makes Cimini seem Pulitzer worthy.
    [/QUOTE]

Dave, I can understand this radical point of view from the Blind Homers but not you.

Everything in that article paints a realistic picture of what we've seen and read with our own eyes, heard with our own ears. Revis may hold out. Check. Holmes still not looking like a good fit. Check. Tebow/Sanchez distraction at QB already starting. Check.

That's all the article states. It's all spot-on. Might not be what you want to hear, might want the soft puff-piece instead, but cutting to the chase is a good thing right now, might actually help the Jets instead of ignoring the problems.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4492354]

This was a good Jets thread.

[/QUOTE]

The Jets fans are as soft as their team. That's the problem. They have no sense of urgency, just want to wallow in the "glory" of losing back-to-back AFC Championship Games, just want some free-pass for 2011 as if we weren't favorites to win the AFCE and potentially represent in the Super Bowl.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The outrage over articles like this is exactly why they get written in the first place.

As soon as you guys realize that is when they will stop. But that won't happen.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    What sad journalism (and I use that term very loosely) that article was. I mean how bias is this statement "place signs in I81 that the circus is back in town" how about the talk about something positive like the amount of money the town makes from visiting fan/reporters, or God forbid positive notes of actual football related information.

The DN is at the same level of trash journalism of the NY post.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whatever it takes to sell papers.