Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: When Jets fly north to Cortland for training camp, things could get ugly again

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4492363]Dave, I can understand this radical point of view from the Blind Homers but not you.

[B][SIZE="5"]Everything in that article paints a realistic picture of what we've seen[/SIZE][/B] and read with our own eyes, heard with our own ears. Revis may hold out. Check. Holmes still not looking like a good fit. Check. Tebow/Sanchez distraction at QB already starting. Check.

That's all the article states. It's all spot-on. Might not be what you want to hear, might want the soft puff-piece instead, but cutting to the chase is a good thing right now, might actually help the Jets instead of ignoring the problems.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

you like pictures, here's a picture...

[IMG]http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad221/yankeejet22/11179372-large.jpg[/IMG]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4492363]Dave, I can understand this radical point of view from the Blind Homers but not you.

Everything in that article paints a realistic picture of what we've seen and read with our own eyes, heard with our own ears. Revis may hold out. Check. Holmes still not looking like a good fit. Check. Tebow/Sanchez distraction at QB already starting. Check.

That's all the article states. It's all spot-on. Might not be what you want to hear, might want the soft puff-piece instead, but cutting to the chase is a good thing right now, might actually help the Jets instead of ignoring the problems.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

1. Revis has denied publicly that he will hold out (at the Taste of Jets event). That was ill founded speculation from Cimini.

2. Holmes avoiding press because they badger him. See thread where Holmes working hard to teach young WRs on the roster. Making every effort to fit in. Attending Jets West. Throwing helmet after he tweaked his hammy was way overblown by guess who? Yup, Cimini again.. creating controversy as he loves to do. All reports from within indicate Holmes getting along just fine.

3. Tebow/Sanchez "distraction" created by press and fans. Not from within.

Basically, everything in that articlke is exaggerated, distorted or outright fabrication. You should know better.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4492365]The Jets fans are as soft as their team. That's the problem. They have no sense of urgency, just want to wallow in the "glory" of losing back-to-back AFC Championship Games, just want some free-pass for 2011 as if we weren't favorites to win the AFCE and potentially represent in the Super Bowl.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

That's just pure unfettered bullshhit. Of course we have a sense of urgency (for a very long time now). No one I know content with back-to-back AFCCG losses. Many of us think this team can be good enough to compete for title. Not down on the HC like you are. Optimistic with almost entirely new offensive coaching staff (except leftover bad QB coach). Optimistic about rookies (Coples looking excellent, Hill potential is exciting). Nothing wrong with that. I'm not a rah-rah guy. You know that. But I see no reason for the dire pessimism you spout around here. I just don't see it that way.

That article was 100% trash and loaded with distortions, exaggerations and fabrication. Shame on the Daily News for allowing it. In fact it's so bad, that they shut down comments on it. They know the shtstorm that Gary Meyers usually drums up. He's been doing the same schtick for decades. And you know that.
    Last edited by Dcat; 06-15-2012 at 09:01 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Yankeejet22;4492381]you like pictures, here's a picture...

[IMG]http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad221/yankeejet22/11179372-large.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

the idea that there is internal strife among team (or even between Tebow and Sanchez themselves) is just hysteria to sell media.

Some people like to take the bait.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;4492383]1. Revis has denied publicly that he will hold out (at the Taste of Jets event). That was ill founded speculation from Cimini.

2. Holmes avoiding press because they badger him. See thread where Holmes working hard to teach young WRs on the roster. Making every effort to fit in. Attending Jets West. Throwing helmet after he tweaked his hammy was way overblown by guess who? Yup, Cimini again.. creating controversy as he loves to do. All reports from within indicate Holmes getting along just fine.

Basically, everything in that articlke is exaggerated, distorted or outright fabrication. You should know better.[/QUOTE]

1. Until I see an actual quote, I will not get on anyone who says that Revis might holdout. The most assuring thing I have actually heard about this was when Fatty was talking about it on the radio. He said Revis will not hold out. He was emphatic. Now the reason why I put stock in this is b.c Fatty is close with Revis' agents. But he did say that it is possible for Revis to show up to camp and ride a bicycle all practice. So maybe that is a little insight into what might happen.

2. I agree. Screw the media. The want access to Holmes after they basically destroyed him for months in the newspapers? As far as I am concerned there is too much media access to this team. I like when players don't talk to the media. I don't want to hear any quotes from players about getting better, I want to see them on the field playing better.

3. I agree but once Sanchez has a poor game or two, there will be pressure from within. Tebow is a force of nature. If Mark survives this then he has my complete vote of confidence.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4492333]I have to agree with Tex

getting rid of Samuel and playing since then with the worst CBs in the NFL was pure genius

and

similarly getting rid of Seymour and playing with no replacement for 19 months was similarly pure genius[/QUOTE]You're the one hijacking the threads from what I see. Basically because of the SB appearance. Tone it down.

[QUOTE=sg3;4492347]off to the ignore list with your chowd troll thread hijacking pals, patrollhead, reign, spectre, ken, ASSO531, MACPAC, robot0729, fauxjet, PETERPAT. TX and any others that should show up now or in the future[/QUOTE] More of the same; mindless. Not related to the thread. patman said "rex doesn't have a clue" but he meant it as a fact, no slamming Rex.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4492354]This was a good Jets thread.

As always, you're the first one to inject your assinine comments about the Patriots (see post #11) in any thread on this board.

Get over your penis envy about the Pats.[/QUOTE]

Put a lid on it, Jr. Detective. :cool: I've seen you work. :rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4492397]1. Until I see an actual quote, I will not get on anyone who says that Revis might holdout. The most assuring thing I have actually heard about this was when Fatty was talking about it on the radio. He said Revis will not hold out. He was emphatic. Now the reason why I put stock in this is b.c Fatty is close with Revis' agents. But he did say that it is possible for Revis to show up to camp and ride a bicycle all practice. So maybe that is a little insight into what might happen.

2. I agree. Screw the media. The want access to Holmes after they basically destroyed him for months in the newspapers? As far as I am concerned there is too much media access to this team. I like when players don't talk to the media. I don't want to hear any quotes from players about getting better, I want to see them on the field playing better.

3. I agree but once Sanchez has a poor game or two, there will be pressure from within. Tebow is a force of nature. If Mark survives this then he has my complete vote of confidence.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Someone opened the door a crack and TX sticks his big fat ass in and attempts to hijack another thread. Then comically attempts to justify it. Puss that he is. But its fine with JI management so we must tolerate it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4492401]You're the one hijacking the threads from what I see. Basically because of the SB appearance. Tone it down.

More of the same; mindless. Not related to the thread. patman said "rex doesn't have a clue" but he meant it as a fact, no slamming Rex.

Put a lid on it, Jr. Detective. :cool: I've seen you work. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

so, one ****ing single comment IS going to give these trolls license to derail any thread they want to?

seriously.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;4492402]Exactly. Someone opened the door a crack and TX sticks his big fat ass in and attempts to hijack another thread. Then comically attempts to justify it. Puss that he is. But its fine with JI management so we must tolerate it.[/QUOTE]

that's his MO.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;4492387]How did this become a Pats thread?

Hijacked again.

Thanks. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Talk to Paul Revere3; always racing through threads, sounding the Chowd alarm. Then they get all nasty and long winded. I hate seeing chowds line up essays about their team STOP egging these eejits on!

You can ignore the chowds, Hanzo. :D

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=freestater;4492404]so, one ****ing single comment IS going to give these trolls license to derail any thread they want to?

seriously.[/QUOTE]

How did you arrive at that?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4492409]How did you arrive at that?[/QUOTE]

because that's precisely what happened.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=freestater;4492404]so, one ****ing single comment IS going to give these trolls license to derail any thread they want to?

seriously.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this comment. WCO.. you are not getting it.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys are the ones missing it. If a JI member starts a pu$$y-ass slap fight well THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

[IMG]http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad221/yankeejet22/11179372-large.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

The Sanchez-Tebow thing has really been a non-issue so far. It's made me feel a lot better about things going forward. I think it's actually got a decent shot of working out for us.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

That makes me happy. But dig deeper and it's not a chummy relationship between a confident starting QB whose won 4 playoff games and his understudy. It's a timid starting QB and the most popular player in the NFL nervously biding their time until all hell breaks loose in August.

Don't get me wrong- much as I adore Sanchez I too would love some stiff competition to light a fire under his turnover ass sometimes. Problem is, Tim Tebow is a lousy quarterback. Not like we have Matt Robinson vs. Richard Todd here, not like we have two strong options.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think this thread has been officially derailed with the complaining of the complaining of the Pats fans responses....anyone remember what this thread was about anymore? ;)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4492441]That makes me happy. But dig deeper and it's not a chummy relationship between a confident starting QB whose won 4 playoff games and his understudy. It's a timid starting QB and the most popular player in the NFL nervously biding their time until all hell breaks loose in August.

Don't get me wrong- much as I adore Sanchez I too would love some stiff competition to light a fire under his turnover ass sometimes. Problem is, Tim Tebow is a lousy quarterback. Not like we have Matt Robinson vs. Richard Todd here, not like we have two strong options.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

The one thing that's going to be true about this in the fall is that if Sanchez gets off to a rough start, it won't even be the fan base that puts the pressure on the Jets to play Tebow. It will be the media. Tebow is a media gold mine and anything the media can do to keep that gold mine producing, they're going to do. It might be ignored at first but when the NFL network asks every half hour...."Is it time to start Tebow" and you have former players discussing the pros and cons of it, the pressure is going to be unbearable.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;4492383]1. Revis has denied publicly that he will hold out (at the Taste of Jets event). That was ill founded speculation from Cimini.

Basically, everything in that articlke is exaggerated, distorted or outright fabrication. You should know better.[/QUOTE]

I respect your point of view but disagree:

1. Revis has made statements in the past two weeks that he's "not sure" if he'll hold out our not. TOJ event is for muckty-muck wealthy Jets fans, going to say all the right things for management to sell Club seats. He is carefully minding his words, making the Jets and Tannenbaum edgy.

2. Holmes had a hissy fit on his first 2 hours in practice on the heels of his hissy fit in Miami in his last 2 hours of playing time. Sorry, that's real news, especially for a team who is preaching the "we're all healed, we love each other" mantra.

3. While the media is definitely fanning the Sanchez/Tebow stuff, there are decades of NFL history showing that a bonafide QB controversy is not only probable but inevitable for this team. Look at the schedule where a 1-4 start is likely, look at the end of last year where 0-3 happened, you're looking at a team with a 1-7 record in its last 8 games and that'll force changes at QB first, HC second.

It's a newspaper article that's pointing out the negatives. There are only a few articles out there touching on the positives because almost everyone but the Blind Homers feel that this is going to be a negative season. I'm sorry to agree with them, but what I saw last November and what I see this preseason doesn't change my mind.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [B]Dcat That's just pure unfettered bullshhit. Of course we have a sense of urgency (for a very long time now). No one I know content with back-to-back AFCCG losses. Many of us think this team can be good enough to compete for title. Not down on the HC like you are. Optimistic with almost entirely new offensive coaching staff (except leftover bad QB coach). Optimistic about rookies (Coples looking excellent, Hill potential is exciting). Nothing wrong with that. I'm not a rah-rah guy. You know that. But I see no reason for the dire pessimism you spout around here. I just don't see it that way.[/B]

If everyone had a sense of urgency they'd realize that the 2011 Jets were the 1993 Rangers. A really talented team under a weak leader, a lazy and undisciplined team that only needs a hard-ass with experience to take them over the top.

Instead, everyone love love loves Rex Ryan because he talks really well and did some nice things three years ago. We should have moved on.

[B]That article was 100% trash and loaded with distortions, exaggerations and fabrication. Shame on the Daily News for allowing it. In fact it's so bad, that they shut down comments on it. They know the shtstorm that Gary Meyers usually drums up. He's been doing the same schtick for decades. And you know that.[/B]

Sometimes the writers are [I]right[/I]. And Myers and the rest all get gooey over the Jets when they make some postseason noise, never see any of you give them props for that.

The bigger problem for the Jets are the Blind Homers that make excuses, not the Realists who tell it like it is. When we're 2-5 and imploding, please promise me you'll come back to this thread to pick up the conversation.

SAR I