Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: When Jets fly north to Cortland for training camp, things could get ugly again

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;4492346]It's the simgle most piece-of-sheet article I've seen of the off season. Makes Cimini seem Pulitzer worthy.

I hate the NY Jets local press. A collection of low-lifes. Please, may the journalism gods protect Jenny Ventras from contracting this horrible horrible disease. Sadly, it's quite contagious and can infect even those you think are immune... as in the case of Mehta.[/QUOTE]

Why would he be immune? He should be covering cricket and squash anyway.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;4492475]Why would he be immune? He should be covering cricket and squash anyway.[/QUOTE]

Mehta was great his first year or two replacing Cimini. Then he joined the negative sensationalism crowd just like that. Cricket and squash??? Is he British? Is he wealthy? Or is this just a snide remark regarding his being An Indian American? Come on man... you're better than that.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe it was another slam at those "India people"

I hope I am wrong

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CleatMarks;4492444]I think this thread has been officially derailed with the complaining of the complaining of the Pats fans responses....anyone remember what this thread was about anymore? ;)[/QUOTE]

good point

a perfect example, I deleted posts that I felt derailed the thread, unfortunately there were just as many by people complaining as by the Pats trolls

if no one replies to them things do not escalate.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;4492480]Mehta was great his first year or two replacing Cimini. Then he joined the negative sensationalism crowd just like that. Cricket and squash??? Is he British? Is he wealthy? Or is this just a snide remark regarding his being An Indian American? Come on man... [B]you're better than that[/B].[/QUOTE]

You should read the Poli forum some time.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4492449]I respect your point of view but disagree:

1. Revis has made statements in the past two weeks that he's "not sure" if he'll hold out our not. TOJ event is for muckty-muck wealthy Jets fans, going to say all the right things for management to sell Club seats. He is carefully minding his words, making the Jets and Tannenbaum edgy.[/quote]

Incorrect. Revis never said he's not sure if he's going to hold out. That was a Cimini misquote/distortion that Revis denied saying. He said his comment was completely taken out of context. His "not sure" comment was in relation to the state of contract negotiation. But what Revis specifically said was that he will NOT hold out. To dismiss it because the nature of the event is convenient and silly. Facts are important. Quoting Cimini is basically a sure bet that you are not using facts.

[quote]2. Holmes had a hissy fit on his first 2 hours in practice on the heels of his hissy fit in Miami in his last 2 hours of playing time. Sorry, that's real news, especially for a team who is preaching the "we're all healed, we love each other" mantra. [/quote]

Players throw helmets all the time in practices, especially when they come up lame after a play. It's only a-holes like Cimini that blow these nothings up into something. I'm surprised you are so gullible to take the bait. Holmes has been a great participant at the minicamp working with the younguns. And this is coming from a fan (me) who doesn't like Holmes at all. But I'm not gullible enough to fall for the exaggeration and distortions that irresponsible press like Cimini want us to swallow.

[quote]3. While the media is definitely fanning the Sanchez/Tebow stuff, there are decades of NFL history showing that a bonafide QB controversy is not only probable but inevitable for this team. Look at the schedule where a 1-4 start is likely, look at the end of last year where 0-3 happened, you're looking at a team with a 1-7 record in its last 8 games and that'll force changes at QB first, HC second.[/quote]

Inevitable? Hardly. The only controversy is in the agendas of the beat reporters and a few select fans at the moment. Not on the team. You contributing to the controversy before it becomes real, if it ever does. Well done.

[quote]It's a newspaper article that's pointing out the negatives. There are only a few articles out there touching on the positives because [B]almost everyone[/B] but the Blind Homers feel that this is going to be a negative season. I'm sorry to agree with them, but what I saw last November and what I see this preseason doesn't change my mind.[/quote]

"[B]Almost everyone [/B]but the 'blind homers' believe it will be a negative season? more nonsense, Scott. Nothing could be further from the truth. Lots of people feel optimistic and even more are feeling neutral, wait-and-see. You are exaggerating/distorting to support your point. "Almost everyone" LOL. That is feeble. Prove that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4492496]good point

a perfect example, I deleted posts that I felt derailed the thread, unfortunately there were just as many by people complaining as by the Pats trolls

if no one replies to them things do not escalate.[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't have to ignore them. Just get rid of them. They don't belong here if they are here to flame.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4492498]You should read the Poli forum some time.[/QUOTE]

I'd rather be boiled in acid.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;4492516]Incorrect. Revis never said he's not sure if he's going to hold out. That was a Cimini misquote/distortion that Revis denied saying. He said his comment was completely taken out of context. His "not sure" comment was in relation to the state of contract negotiation. But what Revis specifically said was that he will NOT hold out. To dismiss it because the nature of the event is convenient and silly. Facts are important. Quoting Cimini is basically a sure bet that you are not using facts.

Players throw helmets all the time in practices, especially when they come up lame after a play. It's only a-holes like Cimini that blow these nothings up into something. I'm surprised you are so gullible to take the bait. Holmes has been a great participant at the minicamp working with the younguns. And this is coming from a fan (me) who doesn't like Holmes at all. But I'm not gullible enough to fall for the exaggeration and distortions that irresponsible press like Cimini want us to swallow.

Inevitable? Hardly. The only controversy is in the agendas of the beat reporters and a few select fans at the moment. Not on the team. You contributing to the controversy before it becomes real, if it ever does. Well done.

"[B]Almost everyone [/B]but the 'blind homers' believe it will be a negative season? more nonsense, Scott. Nothing could be further from the truth. Lots of people feel optimistic and even more are feeling neutral, wait-and-see. You are exaggerating/distorting to support your point. "Almost everyone" LOL. That is feeble. Prove that.[/QUOTE]

Quotes (not speculation) from NFL.com:

[COLOR="SeaGreen"][B]Darrelle Revis was on hand for the start of the New York Jets' mandatory minicamp on Tuesday, but don't take that as a sign the star cornerback has swept his contract concerns under the rug.

Revis told reporters he hasn't decided if he'll report on time when training camp begins next month.

"I can't answer that question right now," Revis said with a smile after practice, according to The Associated Press. "I really can't."[/B][/COLOR]

Quotes (not speculation) from NY Daily News:

[COLOR="SeaGreen"][B]Now, seeking a resolution to his ongoing contract concerns, he has defined his business outlook. “I’m a corporation, too,” Revis told the Daily News at his locker following practice Thursday afternoon.

Revis, 26, refused to guarantee that he would be in attendance when the Jets commence training camp July 26 in Cortland, N.Y. He offered a non-committal response about preparing for the upcoming season when a reporter broached the situation, then bristled when pressed. “I don’t know. That’s all I’m telling you,”[/B]
    [/COLOR]
    Holmes, fine, I see your point, I drop my case.

QB controversy, not fine, we're set up for that with our schedule and the lackluster support shown Mark in the offseason.

Let's hope for the best, but there are negative clouds around us, nothing we can do about that....but....

Keep in mind that we were handed the Cowboys game on a silver platter, played like we were 7-9.

Keep in mind that we ended the year 3-5.

Keep in mind that our record on the road was 2-6.

Keep in mind that our record against playoff teams was 0-5.

Keep in mind that we didn't beat a team with a winning record.

Keep in mind that we didn't play the Patriots close in either game.

Keep in mind that we have major question marks at the same positions we did ending last season.

Keep in mind we have a locker room situation that is not optimal.

Just saying that negative points of view are part of the Jets landscape this offseason, it's not a shock to anyone or something unexpected. Last offseason was all flowers and perfume, now it's dogsh-t. That's what happens when you finish on a 3-5 run and have a very public locker room implosion with a head coach who was just [I]asking [/I]the media to give it right back to him.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd like to know what makes Sanchez immature... especially the MOST IMMATURE in the league. Seriously, that's probably the dumbest opinion I've ever read and it's completely subjective. I guess going to BACK TO BACK AFC Championship games and not winning because the defense sucked a donkeys d!ck constitutes Sanchez as immature. How's golden boy Matt Ryan's postseason record? Yeah that's what I thought.

Mark says the right things, he doesn't act petulant, he's a consummate professional in an environment where the blood suckers are just salivating at any opportunity to destroy him for their own entertainment and monetary benefit. That article was written by a moron who has no idea what football is and thinks that the Jets MAJOR problems are because of Revis, who has a contract, and Holmes because he complains? Newsflash, you just mentioned ALL 32 teams. Every team has a contract dispute and a diva player. The difference is that we don't even have a contract dispute. Revis is signed. His deal makes him INCAPABLE of holding out without completely ruining his future. He ain't getting sh!t. Holmes is towing the company line. Ryan has this team prepared NOW for success. Please STFU already.

Meanwhile in Pats town New England is ostracizing their star Wide Out, one who has the most catches over the last 3 seasons in the NFL and they are coming off a demoralizing 2.0 loss to the Giants. Oh... and the Giants aren't whining right now and without problems this offseason? Diehl, the Osi situation, Coughlin and Reece sniffling about the player they waived getting claimed? Please.
    Last edited by southside; 06-15-2012 at 11:24 AM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;4492519]Shouldn't have to ignore them. Just get rid of them. They don't belong here if they are here to flame.[/QUOTE]

this is the way it is, we are not going to ban everyone who is not a Jets fan...the subject has been discussed umpteen times

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was the most derp I have read in a while.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4492543]this is the way it is, we are not going to ban everyone who is not a Jets fan...the subject has been discussed umpteen times[/QUOTE]

Jetswin... How about a little more precision in reading what others write? I didn't say to "ban fans of other teams". I said to ban those [B]who are here to flame[/B]. There's a [U]huge[/U] difference. Without fans of other teams, this place would be as pad as Patsfan.com or whatever that circlejerk place is called. But, fans of other teams [B]whose sole purpose is to agitate, instigate and provoke[/b] (TX, for example)... well that's a different story.

And so what if it has been discussed before? Is that your way to get people to shut up? Come on man. :rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southside;4492540][B]I'd like to know what makes Sanchez immature... especially the MOST IMMATURE in the league[/B]. Seriously, that's probably the dumbest opinion I've ever read and it's completely subjective. I guess going to BACK TO BACK AFC Championship games and not winning because the defense sucked a donkeys d!ck constitutes Sanchez as immature. How's golden boy Matt Ryan's postseason record? Yeah that's what I thought.

Mark says the right things, he doesn't act petulant, he's a consummate professional in an environment where the blood suckers are just salivating at any opportunity to destroy him for their own entertainment and monetary benefit. That article was written by a moron who has no idea what football is and thinks that the Jets MAJOR problems are because of Revis, who has a contract, and Holmes because he complains? Newsflash, you just mentioned ALL 32 teams. Every team has a contract dispute and a diva player. The difference is that we don't even have a contract dispute. Revis is signed. His deal makes him INCAPABLE of holding out without completely ruining his future. He ain't getting sh!t. Holmes is towing the company line. Ryan has this team prepared NOW for success. Please STFU already.

Meanwhile in Pats town New England is ostracizing their star Wide Out, one who has the most catches over the last 3 seasons in the NFL and they are coming off a demoralizing 2.0 loss to the Giants. Oh... and the Giants aren't whining right now and without problems this offseason? Diehl, the Osi situation, Coughlin and Reece sniffling about the player they waived getting claimed? Please.[/QUOTE]

Maybe Meyers didn't like that Mark's dad was on the sidelines for much of minicamp? Who cares...? Meyers has been a bufoon for decades.

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Slanted garbage. 99% of the media is the same way. They're more manipulators, propagandists and spinners of emotions based on biased facts that ony fit the narrative in their own minds, and very little on fair and balanced reporting to let the reader/viewer to decide for themselves. More opinions and slanted facts than news.

Point: While there isn't anything that isn't factual or a logical observation, what was left out was where the bias and manipulation occurs. What was done to improve upon a talented core that has been getting 8-11 wins a season is COMPLETELY LEFT OUT of the article, while teams with less stability and less of a track record are pumped up because... well the reporter either likes them or THINKS they'll do good with little or no evidence other than their feelings.

And I said 99% of the media, not just one reporter, paper or network. That being said, the bigger question is... why read articles from crappy, biased "journalists"?

The team that wins is the team that tells the media to F-off and just win. MAKE them write good stuff or look like the @$$e$ that they are. Period. The Giants did that, now what's stopping us? Get pis$$ed and play like a bunch of rabid animals and we'll be fine. Listen to the naysayers, and it's Jets collapse and rebuild round 43.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    It seems to me if the press is creating a shallow pool to land in when we jump off the high diving board of expectations we shouldn't complain.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4492363]

Everything in that article paints a realistic picture of what we've seen and read with our own eyes, heard with our own ears. Revis may hold out. Check. Holmes still not looking like a good fit. Check. Tebow/Sanchez distraction at QB already starting. Check.

That's all the article states. It's all spot-on. Might not be what you want to hear, might want the soft puff-piece instead, but cutting to the chase is a good thing right now, might actually help the Jets instead of ignoring the problems.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Spot on.

As this mini camp winds up is it very apparent that everything is not cohesive in JETS camp. It appears on the surface that Rex has little control over everything that is Santonio Holmes. I cant imagine the negative affect that the "ex captain" Santonio Holmes will have on our young promising players when they observe Holmes mouthing off and being defiant.

With all the good feeling that the start of a new season brings it is important to recognize where things must improve if we are to have any chance at making a run at getting back into the playoffs.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tell me more about your good feelings, cope.

It seemed you were unhappy a few weeks ago. ;)
    Last edited by WestCoastOffensive; 06-15-2012 at 02:14 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4492528]Quotes (not speculation) from NFL.com:

[COLOR="SeaGreen"][B]Darrelle Revis was on hand for the start of the New York Jets' mandatory minicamp on Tuesday, but don't take that as a sign the star cornerback has swept his contract concerns under the rug.

Revis told reporters he hasn't decided if he'll report on time when training camp begins next month.

"I can't answer that question right now," Revis said with a smile after practice, according to The Associated Press. "I really can't."[/B][/COLOR]

Quotes (not speculation) from NY Daily News:

[COLOR="SeaGreen"][B]Now, seeking a resolution to his ongoing contract concerns, he has defined his business outlook. ďIím a corporation, too,Ē Revis told the Daily News at his locker following practice Thursday afternoon.

Revis, 26, refused to guarantee that he would be in attendance when the Jets commence training camp July 26 in Cortland, N.Y. He offered a non-committal response about preparing for the upcoming season when a reporter broached the situation, then bristled when pressed. ďI donít know. Thatís all Iím telling you,Ē[/B]
    [/COLOR]
    Holmes, fine, I see your point, I drop my case.

QB controversy, not fine, we're set up for that with our schedule and the lackluster support shown Mark in the offseason.

Let's hope for the best, but there are negative clouds around us, nothing we can do about that....but....

Keep in mind that we were handed the Cowboys game on a silver platter, played like we were 7-9.

Keep in mind that we ended the year 3-5.

Keep in mind that our record on the road was 2-6.

Keep in mind that our record against playoff teams was 0-5.

Keep in mind that we didn't beat a team with a winning record.

Keep in mind that we didn't play the Patriots close in either game.

Keep in mind that we have major question marks at the same positions we did ending last season.

Keep in mind we have a locker room situation that is not optimal.

Just saying that negative points of view are part of the Jets landscape this offseason, it's not a shock to anyone or something unexpected. Last offseason was all flowers and perfume, now it's dogsh-t. That's what happens when you finish on a 3-5 run and have a very public locker room implosion with a head coach who was just [I]asking [/I]the media to give it right back to him.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

I think we all know there are reasons to be skeptical about the 2012 Jets, and you've highlighted most of them (oline not fixed, Holmes still a problem, QB controversy brewing) but that article is still garbage.

You could just as easily write an article about why everything is going to work out (great draft, faster on defense, safeties replaced, new OC)...

This was slanted to get a reaction. Seems like hack stuff to me.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Gangrene;4492219][SIZE="5"]
    Even though the Jets are preaching harmony, remember itís only June, and they will face major issues in Cortland. [/QUOTE]

Says who? Do you also see dead people? How do you know? Link?

[QUOTE]Will Darrelle Revis even show up? [/QUOTE]
    He says he will. He has no real options. Why do we ask this every day? Are we that stupid that we need a reminder every god damned day?

[QUOTE]Can Santonio Holmes stop being a knucklehead? He stormed off the field last week because he felt the Jets were working him too hard.[/QUOTE]\

He hasn't done anything wrong this offseason as much as it may kill some. He let the coaches know that he couldn't keep up, that he was struggling to do so and it turned out he had a tweeked Hammy. As did countless others. But they weren't knuckleheads for taking a break.

[QUOTE]And will this explosive quarterback controversy the Jets created between Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow overwhelm Sanchez or make him better?[/QUOTE]

Don't even see the seeds of a controversy, but wont stop the pure hack from praying to god for one to make finding a story easy.

[QUOTE]And who exactly forced them to invest in Holmes with a five-year, $45 million contract days after the lockout ended last year?
    [/QUOTE] He was easily the best FA WR available. Not that he wasn't worth the money, but did this hack argue against the signing a year ago? If not, please STFU.

Got it, you don't have an agenda.