Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: When Jets fly north to Cortland for training camp, things could get ugly again

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    It's pure speculation when someone says [I]I can't tell you that now[/I] and someone writes he [I]hasn't decided if he'll report on time when training camp begins next month.[/I]

That he doesn't want to tell a reporter if he will or wont be there doesn't mean he hasn't decided.

But the whiners and SOJFs will see it that way.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    is Jenny Vrentas the only good journalist left?

the rest of the media tries to make their living stirring the pot, HOPING their is chaos in the locker room because it gives these lowlifes headlines.

this is garbage journalism

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;4492475]Why would he be immune? He should be covering cricket and squash anyway.[/QUOTE]

you're an idiot

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4492528]Quotes (not speculation) from NFL.com:

[COLOR="SeaGreen"][B]Darrelle Revis was on hand for the start of the New York Jets' mandatory minicamp on Tuesday, but don't take that as a sign the star cornerback has swept his contract concerns under the rug.

Revis told reporters he hasn't decided if he'll report on time when training camp begins next month.

"I can't answer that question right now," Revis said with a smile after practice, according to The Associated Press. "I really can't."[/B][/COLOR]

Quotes (not speculation) from NY Daily News:

[COLOR="SeaGreen"][B]Now, seeking a resolution to his ongoing contract concerns, he has defined his business outlook. ďIím a corporation, too,Ē Revis told the Daily News at his locker following practice Thursday afternoon.

Revis, 26, refused to guarantee that he would be in attendance when the Jets commence training camp July 26 in Cortland, N.Y. He offered a non-committal response about preparing for the upcoming season when a reporter broached the situation, then bristled when pressed. ďI donít know. Thatís all Iím telling you,Ē[/B]
    [/COLOR]
    Holmes, fine, I see your point, I drop my case.

QB controversy, not fine, we're set up for that with our schedule and the lackluster support shown Mark in the offseason.

Let's hope for the best, but there are negative clouds around us, nothing we can do about that....but....

Keep in mind that we were handed the Cowboys game on a silver platter, played like we were 7-9.

Keep in mind that we ended the year 3-5.

Keep in mind that our record on the road was 2-6.

Keep in mind that our record against playoff teams was 0-5.

Keep in mind that we didn't beat a team with a winning record.

Keep in mind that we didn't play the Patriots close in either game.

Keep in mind that we have major question marks at the same positions we did ending last season.

Keep in mind we have a locker room situation that is not optimal.

Just saying that negative points of view are part of the Jets landscape this offseason, it's not a shock to anyone or something unexpected. Last offseason was all flowers and perfume, now it's dogsh-t. That's what happens when you finish on a 3-5 run and have a very public locker room implosion with a head coach who was just [I]asking [/I]the media to give it right back to him.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind that this is pretty much the blueprint for a 8-8 season. Keep in mind that this is nothing earth shattering and it was last year.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CleatMarks;4492448]The one thing that's going to be true about this in the fall is that if Sanchez gets off to a rough start, it won't even be the fan base that puts the pressure on the Jets to play Tebow. It will be the media. Tebow is a media gold mine and anything the media can do to keep that gold mine producing, they're going to do. It might be ignored at first but when the NFL network asks every half hour...."Is it time to start Tebow" and you have former players discussing the pros and cons of it, the pressure is going to be unbearable.[/QUOTE]

If the Jets allow the media the to dictate what the team does then Woody should sell the team......

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Gangrene;4492219][SIZE="5"]When Jets fly north to Cortland for training camp, things could get ugly again[/SIZE]

Daily News

The moving vans will be pulling up to the loading dock at the Jetsí facility in Florham Park in another month to transport all their gear to Cortland for training camp. It would be appropriate if there was a sign at the exit on I-81 welcoming the circus back to town.

The Jets wrapped up their offseason training on Thursday and wonít reconvene until July 26 in upstate New York, but it will take more than these few weeks of OTAs and three days of minicamp to prove the scars have healed from the dysfunction that doomed them at the end of last season when they lost their last three games.

ďWe will have a close football team,Ē Rex Ryan said Thursday. ďWe are not going to beat ourselves with infighting. Thatís a thing of the past.Ē

Even though the Jets are preaching harmony, remember itís only June, and they will face major issues in Cortland. Will Darrelle Revis even show up? Can Santonio Holmes stop being a knucklehead? And will this explosive quarterback controversy the Jets created between Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow overwhelm Sanchez or make him better?

All the Jetsí problems are self-inflicted.

They were so desperate to sign Revis two years ago that they gave him the impression that the four-year, $46 million deal he signed two weeks before the season was really a front-loaded two-year deal ($32.5 million) that would be upgraded in Year 3. They traded for Tebow knowing he is the most popular player in the league and that Sanchez might be the most immature quarterback in the league.

And who exactly forced them to invest in Holmes with a five-year, $45 million contract days after the lockout ended last year? The only reason Rex Ryan named him a captain ó Holmes a captain, really? ó is because his teammates never would have voted him one.

Holmes rewarded Ryanís loyalty by arguing with his teammates on the field in the last game in Miami and then getting benched. Holmes apparently has not changed. He stormed off the field last week because he felt the Jets were working him too hard.

If the Jets are in for another Summer of Revis, then itís going to be another long summer up in Cortland, just like it was two years ago. In 2010, it was clear he was going to hold out and not play for $1 million. Now itís harder to figure. If the Jets donít make a move to renegotiate ó and so far, they havenít given any indication they will even talk about it ó then Revis cares little about public reaction and is not worried about his reputation. But that doesnít mean heís going to hold out.

(you can't blame Rich Cimini for this one)[/QUOTE]

F U HorseFace Myers

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Austin;4492754]I think we all know there are reasons to be skeptical about the 2012 Jets, and you've highlighted most of them (oline not fixed, Holmes still a problem, QB controversy brewing) but that article is still garbage.

You could just as easily write an article about why everything is going to work out (great draft, faster on defense, safeties replaced, new OC)...

This was slanted to get a reaction. Seems like hack stuff to me.[/QUOTE]

Point taken, I agree.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only real weaknesses I see on this team:

1) Wayne Hunter
    2) Eric Smith
    3) potentially Shonn Greene's ability to be a workhorse RB

that is all.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;4492475]Why would he be immune? He should be covering cricket and squash anyway.[/QUOTE]

I guess I should go to a cricket and squash forum too. I mean that is all I am qualified to find entertaining... #indiapeopleproblems

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=tfine350z;4492820]If the Jets allow the media the to dictate what the team does then Woody should sell the team......[/QUOTE]

Dead on