Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Stephen Hill

Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post

Now this is the Jorday that I know and remember; putting these argumentative trolls in their place.
    I think if you look at my post it's neither argumentative nor trolling.

Let's talk football.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    I'm glad you realize and agree that Hill has not yet run NFL routes and has a lot of learning to do.
    What are yo talking about? Don't put words into my mouth (posts). He did run NFL routes, he just wasn't running them inside of a pro-style offense. It's not my fault if you're too clueless to see the difference. The man ran slants, post routes, hooks, curls, fades, outs, in's etc, etc during his time with GA Tech. The different? GA Tech's offensive coordinator didn't run a pro-style offense 75% of the time, but lets not act like this kid has "never ran NFL routes". And what rookie doesn't have a lot of learning to do? He ran an NFL route and beat Revis with a remarkable catch during the first play of training camp. How's that for NFL route running, or, is he "still in college"?

All League
    Hill is mosly a deep threat and will be wasted once Tebow starts for the Jets.

I watched a lot of Georgia Tech games. He ran a very basic routes. Outside of catching jump balls, he struggles to read coverages and find holes in a zone.

To me he looks uncomfortable with the ball in his hands and looks like track star on the field instead of a football player.

also he dropped as many big balls as he made big plays. To me, he's a
    a player who is capable of making an occasional big play but isn't reliable.

Just my 2 cents.
    I owe you 1.75 cents.

Sent from my LTEvo

Hall Of Fame
    I'm on record as liking the pick, I just disagree with the over-the-top enthusiasm. He made need a season or two to acclimate to the new way he will be asked to play.
    So where is the "over the top" enthusiasm? Pretty much everyone recognizes him coming from a run oriented offense in college. I dont recall anyone saying he is going to set records or be a dominant WR this year.

There is reason for optimism though based on what he is doing in the first couple practices this year. Its not like he going up against the Patriots secondary either, he is competing against Revis and Cromartie, and is making plays.

What are yo talking about? Don't put words into my mouth (posts). He did run NFL routes, he just wasn't running them inside of a pro-style offense. It's not my fault if you're too clueless to see the difference. The man ran slants, post routes, hooks, curls, fades, outs, in's etc, etc during his time with GA Tech. The different? GA Tech's offensive coordinator didn't run a pro-style offense 75% of the time, but lets not act like this kid has "never ran NFL routes". And what rookie doesn't have a lot of learning to do? He ran an NFL route and beat Revis with a remarkable catch during the first play of training camp. How's that for NFL route running, or, is he "still in college"?
    To be honest I don't put a lot of stock in the first day of training camp. But that's just me.

I'm simply saying Hill ran a very simple package in college. not saying he sucks, not saying he won't be good, just saying you may want to give home some time.
    Last edited by FF2; 07-28-2012 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    So where is the "over the top" enthusiasm
    I'd saying comparing him to Keyshawn and saying he can do wonders for Sanchez career is a little much after Day 2.

if anyone thinks Revis an Cromartie are going all out, they don't understand training camp.

as I said, he very well may be good. But he has a lot to learn.

Hall Of Fame
    I think we all know Hill is not the most polished WR. But if he was, he would have been a Top 5 pick. What he will bring to the table right away is a deep threat that can block. I think he is going to learn on the job and we will be able to see him improving throughout the season. Because he is so tall, I do not think he is ever going to be the crispest WR coming out of breaks. But when you have his physical attributes, you don't need to be. I think he is going to end up being a very nice player for us.

Hall Of Fame
    I'd saying comparing him to Keyshawn and saying he can do wonders for Sanchez career is a little much after Day 2.

if anyone thinks Revis an Cromartie are going all out, they don't understand training camp.

So basically you just came here to say that contrary to whats actually happening on the field, that no one should be optimistic about Hill because the defense isnt trying hard and he ran simple routes in college. Got it thanks for the valuable contribution.

As far as people comparing him to Keyshawn and doing wonders for Sanchez's career....I am pretty sure they were referring to down the road and not the first game of the season.

So basically you just came here to say that contrary to whats actually happening on the field, that no one should be optimistic about Hill because the defense isnt trying hard and he ran simple routes in college. Got it thanks for the valuable contribution.
    I didn't "just come here to say" that. I was in the Hampur and thought I'd share some knowledge.

just taking some football. certainly we can have a discussion without the vitriol.

Hall Of Fame
    I didn't "just come here to say" that. I was in the Hampur and thought I'd share some knowledge.

just taking some football. certainly we can have a discussion without the vitriol.
    Thats debatable.

Thats debatable.
    Agree to disagree. we can all have different options. None of us really knows the future. I respect your opinions.

Hall Of Fame
    Agree to disagree. we can all have different options. None of us really knows the future. I respect your opinions.
    I actually forgot to add the to my last comment. Sorry.

Banned
    Why not bash the Jets and circle jerk everything Patriots related, you know, on a New England Patriot message board? You do it here 24/7 to begin with. Let us enjoy our training camp, and go bash the Jets or become a Jet critic elsewhere; it's no longer wanted around here you little troll.

All Pro

Revis always goes 100%. He was pissed

I actually forgot to add the to my last comment. Sorry.
    No problem. You seem to actually be able to talk football without name calling.

All Pro
    I still think Sparano is making the biggest difference out there. Giving the offense motivation, a personality that can compete with Rex. They're feeling that they belong out there with the D. Practicing with an urgency. That will help the defense with their conditioning as well, I'll bet. Come game time things will slow down for them. I know you guys don't want to think so, but tempo matters.

All Pro
    No problem. You seem to actually be able to talk football without name calling.

Why not bash the Jets and circle jerk everything Patriots related, you know, on a New England Patriot message board? You do it here 24/7 to begin with. Let us enjoy our training camp, and go bash the Jets or become a Jet critic elsewhere; it's no longer wanted around here you little troll.
    No need for him to go away, just start a petition for posters who agree to ignore him. That will put him in his place.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I still think Sparano is making the biggest difference out there. Giving the offense motivation, a personality that can compete with Rex. They're feeling that they belong out there with the D. Practicing with an urgency. That will help the defense with their conditioning as well, I'll bet. Come game time things will slow down for them. I know you guys don't want to think so, but tempo matters.
    I agree 100 percent. Sparano is the biggest single factor for the Jets this year.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Revis always goes 100%. He was pissed
    Exactly. Just goes to show how clueless some Patriot trolls really are. You don't become one of, if not the greatest coverage CB of all-time, by not going 100% at all times; practice makes perfect. Revis practices as hard as anyone in the league. High School, College, NFL, training camp, preseason, regular season, postseason etc, etc it doesn't matter, he's so competitive where he gives his all each and every time he steps on the football field (He's said it himself). Revis, as you stated, was upset (angry) he got beat by Hill. Hill just beat him for a reception today as well.