Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen Hill

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Attitude and work ethic are fine, but what is going to make Hill successful or not is his ability to transform his athletic skills to a NFL level.
    Which is the case for each and every rookie, each and every season. Nothing new here.

I remember a few years ago I was also very high on a 2nd round WR with great athletic ability and talent.

Unfortunately, he was unable to utilize those skills at the NFL level.
    And which NE Patriots 2nd round draft pick at the WR position are you speaking of...?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post

And which NE Patriots 2nd round draft pick at the WR position are you speaking of...?
    The immortal CJ.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The immortal CJ.
    Why use Chad Jackson (a bust) as an example to Stephen Hill, when they're nothing a like? Why not compare Hill to other 6'5 WR's who ran a 4.3 yard 40 dash along with insane leaping ability coming out of college? That wouldn't fit your personal agenda though, now would it?

First and foremost, CJ was only 6'1 compared to Hill who's 6'5.

CJ ran a 4.32. Hill runs a 4.3 flat.

CJ had a 38 1/2' vert. Hill has a 39.5' vertical. There is a big difference when comparing a 6'1 WR with a 38 1/2 vert to a 6'5 WR with a 39.5' vertical.

CJ had a 10'02'' broad jump. Hill has an 11'1 broad jump.

These two WR's were nothing a like coming out of college, so lets not act like they were.

You even admitted yourself PatsFan, that you remember a few years ago being "very high on a WR with great athletic ability and talent". Well, then, allow us the chance to be very high on our 2nd round draft pick (without trying to bring our fan base down), because if you were high on Chad Jackson due to his great athletic ability, we have every right to be excited about Stephen Hill especially considering the fact that he has greater athletic ability when compared to Jackson coming out of college. And it's not even close.
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 06-15-2012 at 03:10 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why use Chad Jackson (a bust) as an example to Stephen Hill, when they're nothing a like? Why not compare him to other 6'5 WR's who ran a 4.3 yard 40 dash along with insane leaping ability coming out of college? That wouldn't fit your personal agenda against Jet fans though, now would it?

First and foremost, CJ was only 6'1 compared to Hill who's 6'5.

CJ ran a 4.32. Hill runs a 4.3 flat.

CJ had a 38 1/2 vert. Hill had a 39.5' vertical. There is a big difference when comparing a 6'1 WR with a 38 1/2 vert to a 6'5 WR with a 39.5' vertical.

CJ had a 10'02'' broad jump. Hill has a 11'1 broad jump.

These two WR's were nothing a like coming out of college, so lets not act like they were.

You even admitted yourself PatsFan, that you remember a few years ago being "very high on a WR with great athletic ability and talent". Well, then, allow us the chance to be very high on our 2nd round draft pick (without trying to bring our fan base down), because if you were high on Chad Jackson due to his great athletic ability, we have every right to be excited about Stephen Hill especially considering the fact that he has greater athletic ability when compared to Jackson coming out of college.
    Both WR's coming out of college are exactly alike, your combine measurements mean absolutely nothing.

My point is, both WR's were high 2nd round draft picks with athletic ability and talent entering the NFL. CJ turned out to be a complete bust.

No one knows what Hill will do in the NFL, and yes, Jets fans can be excited about Hill's potential.

And BTW, I have already said that I think Hill will be the best Jets draft pick of 2012.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    And BTW, I have already said that I think Hill will be the best Jets draft pick of 2012.
    And BTW, PatsFanTX has proven over the years to be a closet Jets fan.....he loves drama waayy too much to not be a fan of this team.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Attitude and work ethic are fine, but what is going to make Hill successful or not is his ability to transform his athletic skills to a NFL level.

I remember a few years ago I was also very high on a 2nd round WR with great athletic ability and talent.

Chad Jackson isn't nearly the physical prospect that Hill is..

However, Jets fans need to shotgun a can of patience right about now. Hill's a year away atleast from being a dependable impact player. It's gonna take some time - and that's OK.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    you can't teach speed height or hands. if hill has all three of those he'll be okay. they can teach him how to block well enough and he just has to have enough desire to be able to block effectively.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    you can't teach speed height or hands. if hill has all three of those he'll be okay. they can teach him how to block well enough and he just has to have enough desire to be able to block effectively.
    Blocking is already an asset of his coming out of college.

The biggest things for him will be recognizing coverages, getting off the LOS and being precise with his route running.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Despite a lot of ridicule on the guy, Braylon was a good #1 for the NYJ.

Had he played the way he did on another offense, he would have been a pro bowler in 2010. He opened up a lot for the Jets' offense, and was a good run blocking WR as well.

If Hill can come close to that this year, watch out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsbQr...e_gdata_player

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just read an article on David Clowney.

We all thought that we had a speed burner in Clowney? We haven't seen anything yet. Just wait until we see Sanchez connecting with Stephen Hill. The report stated that Clowney ran a 40-yard dash time of 4.36 seconds when he came out of Virginia Tech back in 2008. The 6-foot, 188-pounder said he just ran a 40 time in the 4.3s a month ago.

A 6'0 Clowney ran a 4.36 coming out of college, and we all considered him a speed burner. Then, what should we consider a 6'5, 215 pound wide out who ran a 4.30 flat as well as a 4.31 during two 40 yard dashes during the combine? I'm not trying to get too excited over this kid, but I think we landed a physical phenom.

If this kid can live up to his physical gifts at the WR position, Mark Sanchez could be heading into the season with a lot of offensive fire power to work with.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has no one noticed the return of DWC in this thread?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is it the guy right above you? DWC is chicken soup for the trolls

Welcome back DWC. Flood the trolls with some stats
    Last edited by dmitexxi; 06-16-2012 at 01:07 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Better than Chowd trolls...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I understand where you're coming from, and what you're saying, but both Calvin Johnson and Demaryius Thomas also come from GT. Now, Calvin Johnson got drafted back in 2007, and played with more of a 'pass balanced' type of offense while with GT, but Demaryius Thomas comes from the same exact offense. Kid is a freak too. I just love this kids size, speed, quickness and leaping ability. He'll be able to stretch the field for Sanchez and our offense, and if he can improve his route running ability, and develop into a strong route runner? The sky is the limit for Hill and our offense.
    I thought a kid with that much athletic ability was going to go earlier than the mid 2nd.

The only thing that can hold him back is himself, is he willing to put the work in, and how tough is he. Sanchez is not a very accurate qb nor does he have a great arm, but he had success with Edwards on those throw it down the field and go and get it plays. Those were lacking last year and Hill can bring that back forcing the safety to play a little deeper. And he has exp in the option so no learning curve when Tebow is behind center.

The concern on the oline is still there however. They must do a much better holding the fort as the downfield stuff takes longer to develop. Sanchez throws well on the run, but throwing on the run and tossing the ball 50 yds is something else.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you talking about Chad Jackson or am I forgetting another WR bust more recently? Jackson didn't have near the measurables and athleticism of Hill. He produced more but Fla wrs always do.

You're right though, Hill has a lot to prove in Sept. Can't blame us for being excited though, he could be a huge difference maker for an offense that is outright desperate for guys who make home run plays.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice catch! I swear when I read "CJ ran a 4.32. Hill runs a 4.3 flat." I chuckled and thought, that's DWC-type nitpicking.

Welcome back DWC, how was Estonia, or Latvia, or Bulgaria, or whatever? Good luck not getting band.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Better than Chowd trolls...
    Disagree.

He helps feed them and makes things worse.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Chad Jackson isn't nearly the physical prospect that Hill is..

However, Jets fans need to shotgun a can of patience right about now. Hill's a year away atleast from being a dependable impact player. It's gonna take some time - and that's OK.
    Thank you people out here are insane.

If Hill isn't immediately producing numbers like Megatron there are folks out here who will label him a bust!!!

And that is insane

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    Nice catch! I swear when I read "CJ ran a 4.32. Hill runs a 4.3 flat." I chuckled and thought, that's DWC-type nitpicking.

Welcome back DWC, how was Estonia, or Latvia, or Bulgaria, or whatever? Good luck not getting band.
    The constant name-dropping gives him away.

O/U on days until his banding? I'll set it at 3.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    The constant name-dropping gives him away.

O/U on days until his banding? I'll set it at 3.
    Or perhaps the fact that he has DWC in his new name.