Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tea Party "Joke"

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4492627]Did I miss anything?[/QUOTE]

Yes, the point.

Sadly.

Tell me FF, what was your specific reason for posting it, or specificly mentioning "I thought the Tea Party was all about taxes!", if it was not to engage on a broader issue/claim of racism in the Tea Party?

Clearly, it's not news nor anything new (again, or sitting VP has made a number of similar racist comments over the years). Clearly it has no national or vital import on any issue today. It has nothing to do with the current election cycle. It's a local figure, not a National one. And you clearly feel what she said was racist, there is no question to you, obviously.

So what WAS your motivation then? Did you really think it of such vital intellectual curiosity, that we'd all start rubbing our respective goateed chins, thinking deep thoughts, and that no one would think you were trying to paint the whole "thought they were about taxes" group by teh words on one single member?

With respect FF, you're many thing, stupid has never ever been one of them IMO.

And did you really think that painting the TP as racist would not engender a reminder of it's political flipside, the Occupy, and their vastly larger racist/bigoted/violence footprint?

If you say so. :dunno:

For the record, every time I post a "thoughts?" article, I have an opinion, often a clear cut one, and a point being made. Pretty much every time.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4492588]FYI, I was asking if I had your points right.[/QUOTE]

You didn't say it but the article you posted implied it.

By the way if I had been in that room I would have shouted that lady down or walked out immediately had that "joke" been said.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4492645]You didn't say it but the article you posted implied it.

By the way if I had been in that room I would have shouted that lady down or walked out immediately had that "joke" been said.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, the ARTICLE implied it.

And good for you on your reaction. A reasoned response.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4492635]Yes, the point.

Sadly.

Tell me FF, what was your specific reason for posting it, or specificly mentioning "I thought the Tea Party was all about taxes!", if it was not to engage on a broader issue/claim of racism in the Tea Party?

Clearly, it's not news nor anything new (again, or sitting VP has made a number of similar racist comments over the years). Clearly it has no national or vital import on any issue today. It has nothing to do with the current election cycle. It's a local figure, not a National one. And you clearly feel what she said was racist, there is no question to you, obviously.

So what WAS your motivation then? Did you really think it of such vital intellectual curiosity, that we'd all start rubbing our respective goateed chins, thinking deep thoughts, and that no one would think you were trying to paint the whole "thought they were about taxes" group by teh words on one single member?

With respect FF, you're many thing, stupid has never ever been one of them IMO.

And did you really think that painting the TP as racist would not engender a reminder of it's political flipside, the Occupy, and their vastly larger racist/bigoted/violence footprint?

If you say so. :dunno:

For the record, every time I post a "thoughts?" article, I have an opinion, often a clear cut one, and a point being made. Pretty much every time.[/QUOTE]

I remember much debate on here about whether or not the TP was racist. I thought people might be interested in this audio as it had to do with that. Thats about it. Really on a Friday morning I'm not thinking as much as you give me credit for.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4492645]You didn't say it but the article you posted implied it.

By the way if I had been in that room I would have shouted that lady down or walked out immediately had that "joke" been said.[/QUOTE]

Racism is dead right? This person is an absolute idiot. The good ol south!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;4492529]Another quality post. interesting........:zzz:[/QUOTE]

That post includes approximately the same amount of objective, concrete thought that you bring on a daily basis.

There really is no better way to respond to you at times.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4492655]I'm not thinking as much as you give me credit for.[/QUOTE]

At least I give you credit to start with, FF. :dunno:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4492525]

Better yet, why SHOULDN'T the example be a black person.[/QUOTE]

Because more whites are on welfare and receive public assistance than blacks and its not even close. More whites receive food stamps than blacks. Medicaid benefits are paid out to more whites than blacks.

So why would you use a black woman as an example instead of some po' white trash (who makes up the majority of the recipients?). Simple. Because she is a RACIST!!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4492657]Racism is dead right? This person is an absolute idiot. The good ol south![/QUOTE]

Large scale racism in America has long been dead. There are knuckleheads on both sides of the political sphere that are racist. That lady in Alabama seems like she could be one of them.

I find personally that Democrats often legislate based on racist principles. I would prefer that in America we treated every citizen the same. I don't like any programs that single out racial or ethnic groups for special treatment for any reason.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;4492700]Because more whites are on welfare and receive public assistance than blacks and its not even close. More whites receive food stamps than blacks. Medicaid benefits are paid out to more whites than blacks.[/quote]

As a hard number, or as a %?

As a hard number, that would obviously be expected, given the ethnic makeup of the United States.

As a % however, I'm not going to take your word alone on that claim. Source please?

[QUOTE]So why would you use a black woman as an example instead of some po' white trash (who makes up the majority of the recipients?).[/QUOTE]

So "po' white trash" is ok to use, abuse, and mock via bad humour then, just not blacks.

Got it. Your ok with racism and sterotyping, as long as it only offends white people. As expected.

[quote]Simple. Because she is a RACIST!!!![/QUOTE]

The Far Left Mantra. It will be repeated endlessly against anyone who disagrees.

Let me guess Ken, because I oppose Obama's bypassing of Congress and implementation of most of the DREAM Act on his own, I must be....wait for it.....a RACIST too, right?

:rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4492707]As a hard number, or as a %?

As a hard number, that would obviously be expected, given the ethnic makeup of the United States.

As a % however, I'm not going to take your word alone on that claim. Source please?

[QUOTE][B]Hard number is all that matter if what you care about is the actual spending. [/B][/QUOTE]

So "po' white trash" is ok to use, abuse, and mock via bad humour then, just not blacks.

Got it. Your ok with racism and sterotyping, as long as it only offends white people. As expected.[B][QUOTE]

No neither statement is ok. I wish you felt the same way about the tea bagger's statement as you do about po' white trash[/QUOTE][/B]

The Far Left Mantra. It will be repeated endlessly against anyone who disagrees.

Let me guess Ken, because I oppose Obama's bypassing of Congress and implementation of most of the DREAM Act on his own, I must be....wait for it.....a RACIST too, right?
    [B][QUOTE]
    No. Because im sure you want to deport the illegal Irish and Polish immigrants and not just the illegal Latino's:rolleyes: I dont think you are racist based on your opinion of the DREAM act, i think you are foolish and wrong, but not racist. [/QUOTE][/B]
    :rolleyes:[/QUOTE].

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;4492720]Hard Number is all that matters when it coems to spending....[/QUOTE]

Well, depend on the issue if you want hard numbers of %. For example, if EVERY single tax discussion, you talk %'s. In crime, you talk hard numbers. Here you talk hard numbers. In other issues, it's back to %'s again if that better suits you. Sometimes on the same issue you use some of one, some of the other.

It's a "pick whichever type of number suits my arguments of today", and it's quite obvious.

And no, "hard numbers" are not the be all, end all of every statistical discussion. and certaily not this one. As your own side often makes the point, %'s count too.

For example (completely made up numbers here) if 90% of Group A is on Welfare, but group A is only 10 mil people (i.e. 9 mil pwoeple on Welfare), whilst 4% of group B is on Welfare, but group B is 300 mil people (i.e. 12 mil on Welfare), then "hard numbers" do not, in fact, tell the tale at all.

[QUOTE]No neither statement is ok. I wish you felt the same way about the tea bagger's statement as you do about po' white trash[/QUOTE]

Except YOU PERSONALLY just used teh White Trash descriptor, making YOU the racist bigot.

I didn't say anything in Arkan-sauce, nor am I a memeber of teh Tea Party, I bear no responsabillity for what she said either way.

But you, you consciouly used a rasict and hateful epithet right here, casual as can be.
    Last edited by Warfish; 06-15-2012 at 02:11 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4492677]At least I give you credit to start with, FF. :dunno:[/QUOTE]

I think you are lying.

JK...have a great weekend.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4492743]I think you are lying.

JK...have a great weekend.[/QUOTE]

I was, actually.

:alien:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4492442]I was always told the Tea Party was about taxes, and nothing else. That's why I find this joke told by Arkansas Tea Party Board Member Inge Marler a little strange. [B]I'm wondering why she made the lazy good for nothing character in her joke black?[/B]

Honestly, I am looking for a reason she would tell this "joke."

AUDIO:
    [url]http://www.baxterbulletin.com/assets/mp3/D3190658613.MP3[/url]

STORY:

[url]http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/06/14/leader-of-non-racist-tea-party-tells-racist-joke-gets-big-laugh-from-non-racist-tea-party-crowd/[/url][/QUOTE]

Because she's a moronic bigot. And if the room did laugh heartily, reasonable to assume they are the same. A small group of idiot racists gathered in the south, stop the presses!!!!

Ya growing up in forever Democrat Rhode Island, I saw plenty of racism. Of course, it was behind people's backs and whispered, but it was everywhere.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4492553]Aren't you the guys who posts things and then says:

[I]Thoughts?[/I] :confused:

Heres my opinion. [B]Some people in the Tea Party are racists.[/B]

Now...your thoughts?[/QUOTE]

So are "some people" working fro Obama's campaign, so are "some people" involved in teh Occupy movement, so what?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;4492700][B]Because more whites are on welfare and receive public assistance than blacks and its not even close. More whites receive food stamps than blacks. Medicaid benefits are paid out to more whites than blacks.[/B]

So why would you use a black woman as an example instead of some po' white trash (who makes up the majority of the recipients?). Simple. Because she is a RACIST!!!![/QUOTE]

Well, of course, there's 3x as many whites. Liberal math. :rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by kennyo7
    [B]No. Because im sure you want to deport the illegal Irish and Polish immigrants and not just the illegal Latino's I dont think you are racist based on your opinion of the DREAM act, i think you are foolish and wrong, but not racist. [/B]

This has to be my favorite pro-illegal strawman. The poor picked on Latinos. as if people vehemently against illegal immigration somehow manipulated it so they could single out one hated group. Yeah, it's our fault that 90% of illegals are Latino, you got it. :rolleyes:

"It's not illegal immigration you hate, it's brown people!"

No, if hordes of uneducated Polish folks, who formed gangs, and bled the system dry, and asked Americans to bend to their customs and language instead of the historical norm, there'd be just as much unhappiness, no question.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4492517]No, thats not what I'm saying at all, and your over the top hyperbole doesn't help the discussion.[/QUOTE]
    Are you implying that hyperbole has no place in this thread?

Keep in mind this important discussion you've started is about a joke someone told in Arkansas. (I hear, tell, and witness far more "offensive" every day, yet remain a functioning member of society.)

What's next? You gonna tell me how much popcorn is enough in a movie theatre?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4492790]Originally Posted by kennyo7
    [B]No. Because im sure you want to deport the illegal Irish and Polish immigrants and not just the illegal Latino's I dont think you are racist based on your opinion of the DREAM act, i think you are foolish and wrong, but not racist. [/B]

This has to be my favorite pro-illegal strawman. The poor picked on Latinos. as if people vehemently against illegal immigration somehow manipulated it so they could single out one hated group. Yeah, it's our fault that 90% of illegals are Latino, you got it. :rolleyes:

"It's not illegal immigration you hate, it's brown people!"

No, if hordes of uneducated Polish folks, who formed gangs, and bled the system dry, and asked Americans to bend to their customs and language instead of the historical norm, there'd be just as much unhappiness, no question.[/QUOTE]

Believe it or not there is a gang of Polish bikers who terrorize Greenwich Village nightly in search of eponymous plunder, the Kielbasa gang.

Every night the residents hide the sausage