Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Privacy Matters Even if You Have 'Nothing to Hide'

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4493219]I suppose that's true.

C'mon JD, nobody is getting stopped and frisked on Wall st, male, female, white, black or brown.

Your argument reminds me of those against profiling Arab/Middle Easterners for terrorism and those who say people against illegal immigration just hate hispanics. The racism card is an easy play, I get it, but sometimes the facts are what they are.[/QUOTE]

That's one of the problems on Wall St. They can get away with crimes that steal BB's. Crime is crime and even in your post there stands an ugly bias.

As for the Race Card play, the link I posted does not lie. If you don't like the facts don't deny them.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;4493248]Latinos and AAs are getting arrested by police BECAUSE they commmit crimes. No crime, no arrest.

White collar crime is not usually investigated by "street cops". Usually the domain of the FBI, SEC, AG's office etc.

BTW, the most recent white collar event happened yesterday - conviction of a fellow name Gupta - an Indian.

Agree with cr - police go (or should) where there is a higher incidence of crime. Higher allocation of Nassau police in Hempstead than say Manhasset.[/QUOTE]

Your perception is not showing the reality that the stats show:

[url]http://ccrjustice.org/files/CCR_Stop_and_Frisk_Fact_Sheet.pdf[/url]

The stats shown here are worse than Tebow's completion percentage. This is clearly abuse of the 4th Amendment. Furthermore, they are not MY stats. So it is not personal against anyone. Not even the Police. It is the truth

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4493249]That's one of the problems on Wall St. They can get away with crimes that steal BB's. Crime is crime and [B]even in your post there stands an ugly bias.
    [/B]
    As for the Race Card play, the link I posted does not lie. If you don't like the facts don't deny them.[/QUOTE]

Very possible. In any case, I appreciate the "alternative perspective", for lack of a better term, that you bring to this forum. I guess we just have to agree to disagree. Have a great weekend.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4493257]Your perception is not showing the reality that the stats show:

The stats shown here [B]are worse than Tebow's completion percentage.[/B] This is clearly abuse of the 4th Amendment. Furthermore, they are not MY stats. So it is not personal against anyone. Not even the Police. It is the truth[/QUOTE]

Racist. :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4493262]Racist. :D[/QUOTE]

LOL

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4493257]Your perception is not showing the reality that the stats show:

The stats shown here are worse than Tebow's completion percentage. This is clearly abuse of the 4th Amendment. Furthermore, they are not MY stats. So it is not personal against anyone. Not even the Police. It is the truth[/QUOTE]

JD - That article is from an organization LEFT of Lenin.
    You stop people because they did something wrong. Or quite frankly because they look out of place or nervous.
    People walking around in 3 piece suits generally get no attention. A rastafarian might draw a few looks and more. Race DOES have something to do with it. Note how many black people dress and appear.
    Saw a local newscast about a huge job fair here recently. Black men and women do not seem to get it. If you dress poorly you are not getting hired. Most of the white men had tie (some jackets) and white women pants suits or dressy skirts.
    Corn rows and dreds just will not do.
    Also an education summary from our metro. 85% grad rate for white. 50% for black kids. 3rd grade standardized test. 95% passing grades on white kids. 55% for black kids. Same classes. Not genetics. Mommy and daddy.
    Saw the attitude in the Army. "I'm not going to play the white man's game".
    The "game" means getting an education, not commiting violent crime, not breaking the law, not getting pregnant at 14, not carrying an unregistered gun, dressing properly and getting a job and showing up for work.
    Profiling, as I have said here before numerous time, only makes good sense and is good police work and good surveillence work.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    PD, these days even Reagan is left of Lenin to the neocons.

Just how do American citizens look [QUOTE]out of place[/QUOTE] in America? That thought alone is very disturbing. I feel as though I should be able to walk into and through any and every neighborhood in America, without fear of police intrusion.

Also, not every stop on these young Americans are ones that wear natural hairstyles. The numbers are off the charts and the practice is wrong and even unconstitutional.

As for the educational component that you mentioned; aren't you a proponent of Romney? Doesn't he state that he wants to cut education? In your post you have shown a foundation of why that may not be such a wise idea.

How can anyone 'see' an attitude? I am sure if those soldiers had a negative thought about the politics of the nation or the Army they are allowed to do so.

You make it appear as though a non white American has to feel the same way as a white American or they are a bad person. Do you really think that you would feel the same way if your experiences were as those you described in your post?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4493880]PD, these days even Reagan is left of Lenin to the neocons.

Just how do American citizens look in America? That thought alone is very disturbing. I feel as though I should be able to walk into and through any and every neighborhood in America, without fear of police intrusion.

Also, not every stop on these young Americans are ones that wear natural hairstyles. The numbers are off the charts and the practice is wrong and even unconstitutional.

As for the educational component that you mentioned; aren't you a proponent of Romney? Doesn't he state that he wants to cut education? In your post you have shown a foundation of why that may not be such a wise idea.

How can anyone 'see' an attitude? I am sure if those soldiers had a negative thought about the politics of the nation or the Army they are allowed to do so.

You make it appear as though a non white American has to feel the same way as a white American or they are a bad person. Do you really think that you would feel the same way if your experiences were as those you described in your post?[/QUOTE]

You judge people based on appearance initially. Note I DID NOT say color.
    You can judge attitude by behavior. Body language is a very good evaluation point. You're in your 40s, I believe. Come on, by now I am sure you have picked up some of these visual analytical skills.
    My comments on "playing the game" are quite accurate. What that means is adhereing to some established standards. Standards can have a range. My comments are not meant to ascribe negative traits to ALL of any group. However, many minorities do not want to be standard. Hispanics who are unable to speak English (because they won't try) will fing it impossible to achieve. Plenty of white people fail also because of an unwillingness to somewhat conform.
    Those people who go by the rules and achieve do very well. Plenty of black CEOs who saw the light as younger people.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4492455][url]http://chronicle.com/article/Why-Privacy-Matters-Even-if/127461/[/url][/QUOTE]

meh - written by a lawyer. Famous for mind games, not very often logic.

To wit: ( :P )

"Stalin would have loved it" :rolleyes:
    Comparison to 1984
    Comparing street cameras to taking nude pics of you and showing them to your neighbors (hyperbole much?)

Like life in general, there always needs to be a balance between the individuals' rights and society's rights.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;4494162]You judge people based on appearance initially. Note I DID NOT say color.
    You can judge attitude by behavior. Body language is a very good evaluation point. You're in your 40s, I believe. Come on, by now I am sure you have picked up some of these visual analytical skills.
    My comments on "playing the game" are quite accurate. What that means is adhereing to some established standards. Standards can have a range. My comments are not meant to ascribe negative traits to ALL of any group. However, many minorities do not want to be standard. Hispanics who are unable to speak English (because they won't try) will fing it impossible to achieve. Plenty of white people fail also because of an unwillingness to somewhat conform.
    Those people who go by the rules and achieve do very well. Plenty of black CEOs who saw the light as younger people.[/QUOTE]

Stats I posted clearly show that 'color' is the primary agent of choice by the NYPD.

I disagree with your statement that 'many minorities do not want to be standard'. I am sure that many of the stopped NY'ers adhere to the 'standards'.

Poor policies and even poorer police work is at hand here. This is what the profiling leads to. Again, in a perfect world it MAY work. The numbers show here that it does not.

More 'big government'. More intrusion of privacy.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4494212]Stats I posted clearly show that 'color' is the primary agent of choice by the NYPD.

I disagree with your statement that 'many minorities do not want to be standard'. I am sure that many of the stopped NY'ers adhere to the 'standards'.

Poor policies and even poorer police work is at hand here. This is what the profiling leads to. Again, in a perfect world it MAY work. The numbers show here that it does not.

More 'big government'. More intrusion of privacy.[/QUOTE]

I can not agree with or refute your first statement. Is the color the result of stopping people who look a little "shaky"? Person looks like a bum, happens to be black.
    Profiling is good police work. Period.

In our metro, police stop an unusually high number of black drivers. MANY happen to have ultra dark windows - against the law and a reason for stopping. The police do NOT know the color of the people behind the windshield. Too dark. NAACP still doesn't care.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;4494602]I can not agree with or refute your first statement. Is the color the result of stopping people who look a little "shaky"? Person looks like a bum, happens to be black.
    Profiling is good police work. Period.

In our metro, police stop an unusually high number of black drivers. MANY happen to have ultra dark windows - against the law and a reason for stopping. The police do NOT know the color of the people behind the windshield. Too dark. NAACP still doesn't care.[/QUOTE]

Hard to refute the data as it comes from the NYPD files. Pimped out rides again is invasive and a profile

Should it be assumed that the people who drive these are meth dealers?
    [IMG]http://www.google.com/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/4/488785.jpg&sa=X&ei=x6jfT6fELaGD6AGJ-IidCg&ved=0CAkQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNE1jEt45_J_BqdQdlrO4nGl-yEuYQ[/IMG]

The windows are tinted here also

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The IRS should profile Italians, the SEC Jews and the NYPD Blacks and Hispanics the TSA Muslims.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4494946]The IRS should profile Italians, the SEC Jews and the NYPD Blacks and Hispanics the TSA Muslims.[/QUOTE]

Actually the FBI DID profile Italians for many years.

I actualy profiled Asians not in uniform carrying AK47s. No reason for discusion. Shoot. LOL

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4494648]Hard to refute the data as it comes from the NYPD files. Pimped out rides again is invasive and a profile

Should it be assumed that the people who drive these are meth dealers?
    [IMG]http://www.google.com/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/4/488785.jpg&sa=X&ei=x6jfT6fELaGD6AGJ-IidCg&ved=0CAkQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNE1jEt45_J_BqdQdlrO4nGl-yEuYQ[/IMG]

The windows are tinted here also[/QUOTE]

Sorry you couln't grasp my point. The person looks like he is a problem because he is dressed poorly or acts suspicious. Got it? His color UP TO that point is UNIMPORTANT. He jiust HAPPENS to be black. He could have been white BUT not in this case. Quit feeling persecuted.

In our state deeeply tinted windows are AGAINST the law. Period. It has never been brought up as a violation of anyone's rights. Pedople with dark windshields get stopped and ticketed. And more if the car smells of marijuana or whatever. If 75+% are black? Their choice of windshield.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;4495015]Actually the FBI DID profile Italians for many years.

I actualy profiled Asians not in uniform carrying AK47s. No reason for discusion. Shoot. LOL[/QUOTE]

They should continue to do it and there is no reason we shouldn't use stereo types to profile with all of our agencies. Asians should be pulled over and get tickets because we all know they can't drive. Anyone who went to Business School and works on Wall Streat should be under SEC investigation. The FBI should only go after Italians, IRS Jews it makes about as much sense as illegally targeting black teenagers for illegal pat downs because they are black kids.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4495053]They should continue to do it and there is no reason we shouldn't use stereo types to profile with all of our agencies. Asians should be pulled over and get tickets because we all know they can't drive. Anyone who went to Business School and works on Wall Streat should be under SEC investigation. The FBI should only go after Italians, IRS Jews it makes about as much sense as illegally targeting black teenagers for illegal pat downs because they are black kids.[/QUOTE]

Jews? Are you now an anti Semite like FF2 is a bigoted anti Catholic?
    You sound like the typical uninformed fancy boy. "The Jews run everything. The Jews run the counntry". How ignorant.
    Go down the line on every one of the top 50 companies in this country. How many are run by Jews? Not many. There really aren't even that many Jews on boards. Not on the companies or mutuals fun operations either.

You should perhaps take the time to inform yourself.
    That said I can understand. People like you or IJF have rewally never had any apparent accountability. Manage anything real? Generate profit? Enffiorce the law? Achieve an objective? Play ball beyond 6th grade IM?
    Allow everything to degrade in the name of fairness.

Two nights age here, a recent grad of the best HS in SC and one of the best in the U.S. was stopped in car and shot 5 times by a couple of black guys. The victim was white and described his assailants to police before he died.
    Anything from Sharpton or Jesse or the Pres? This kid was a quaity student who was to study international business at Clemson.
    Perhaps even more profiling is necessary to protect decent people from rabble.
    I, for one, am tired of flaming liberals who are America haters and want the easy way for losers.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;4495021]Sorry you couln't grasp my point. The person looks like he is a problem [B]because he is dressed poorly [/B]or acts suspicious. Got it? His color UP TO that point is UNIMPORTANT. He jiust HAPPENS to be black. He could have been white BUT not in this case. Quit feeling persecuted.

In our state deeeply tinted windows are AGAINST the law. Period. It has never been brought up as a violation of anyone's rights. Pedople with dark windshields get stopped and ticketed. And more if the car smells of marijuana or whatever. If 75+% are black? Their choice of windshield.[/QUOTE]

Even poor people are protected under the constitution. You seem very elitist with your posts here.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;4495091]Jews? Are you now an anti Semite like FF2 is a bigoted anti Catholic?
    You sound like the typical uninformed fancy boy. "The Jews run everything. The Jews run the counntry". How ignorant.
    Go down the line on every one of the top 50 companies in this country. How many are run by Jews? Not many. There really aren't even that many Jews on boards. Not on the companies or mutuals fun operations either.

You should perhaps take the time to inform yourself.
    That said I can understand. People like you or IJF have rewally never had any apparent accountability. Manage anything real? Generate profit? Enffiorce the law? Achieve an objective? Play ball beyond 6th grade IM?
    Allow everything to degrade in the name of fairness.

Two nights age here, a recent grad of the best HS in SC and one of the best in the U.S. was stopped in car and shot 5 times by a couple of black guys. The victim was white and described his assailants to police before he died.
    Anything from Sharpton or Jesse or the Pres? This kid was a quaity student who was to study international business at Clemson.
    Perhaps even more profiling is necessary to protect decent people from rabble.
    I, for one, am tired of flaming liberals who are America haters and want the easy way for losers.[/QUOTE]

IIRC Winston's of Jewish heritage, but no matter, he was trying to be sarcastic.

Sickeningly liberal in some ways, shockingly prejudiced in others, he is practical/normal/moderate in still others so I see where the confusion arises.

Winston's like a box of choc'lates!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;4495210]IIRC Winston's of Jewish heritage, but no matter, he was trying to be sarcastic.

Sickeningly liberal in some ways, shockingly prejudiced in others, he is practical/normal/moderate in still others so I see where the confusion arises.

Winston's like a box of choc'lates![/QUOTE]

Nice profile, are you a cop?