Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: When You Can't Pass Something, Just Do it Anyway: The Dream Act

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    George Bush inherited the worst security and intel aparatus system since Pearl Harbour.

;)

Sound familiar?

And for the record IJF, some of us had complaints during BOTH Bush's 8 years and Obamas 3 1/2 thus far.

Not everyone here is a party-first loyalist.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4493589]Times have changed, you have parents who think it is awesome when their child yells at other adults. Crazy sh1t! End of times!!!!!![/QUOTE]

That's your response? People come here like locusts to strip this country bare, have no respect for it, hate it and it's people in many cases, live off of the prosperity of those that came before whom loved the thought of America and what it stands for, and you respond with this^? You truly are an Obama "American" I'll be you and Michelle would get along FABULOUSLY!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4493704]George Bush inherited the worst security and intel aparatus system since Pearl Harbour.

;)

Sound familiar?

And for the record IJF, some of us had complaints during BOTH Bush's 8 years and Obamas 3 1/2 thus far.

Not everyone here is a party-first loyalist.[/QUOTE]

fair enough.

For the record I have been consistent with my opinions of the president. He has been a disappointment for several reasons;

1. He is a poor leader
    2. He did not not/does not fight for the political beliefs he supposedly espoused.
    3. He offers little substantive difference between his administration and Bush's, especially as it relates to the military.

as far as party first, I am a proud liberal/progressive but had the republicans elected Jon Huntsman or Ron Paul I would have run to the election booth in November and voted (R). But there is little difference in substance between Obama and Romney (see his record as governor) both are firmly in the pockets of the special interest groups and will act accordingly.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=acepepe;4493718]That's your response? People come here like locusts to strip this country bare, have no respect for it, hate it and it's people in many cases, live off of the prosperity of those that came before whom loved the thought of America and what it stands for, and you respond with this^? You truly are an Obama "American" I'll be you and Michelle would get along FABULOUSLY![/QUOTE]

People come here for jobs.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4493791]People come here for jobs.[/QUOTE]

People USED to come here to be AMERICAN. If they choose not to assimilate they need to be DEPORTED.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=acepepe;4493246]Austin is one of the coolest places to live in the U.S....[/QUOTE]

Thanks to the large liberal population there....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4493884]Thanks to the large liberal population there....[/QUOTE]

Keep Austin Weird :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4493889]Keep Austin Weird :yes:[/QUOTE]

:D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4493791]People come here for jobs.[/QUOTE]

But don't take any handouts!

And don't send money out of the country keeping it in our economy!

No? :dunno:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;4493895]But don't take any handouts!

And don't send money out of the country keeping it in our economy!

No? :dunno:[/QUOTE]

If it is good enough for business it's fair for them as well, no?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4493923]If it is good enough for business it's fair for them as well, no?[/QUOTE]

I saw you posted a picture of my friend Derril what happened to Natalie?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is way we can't stand of MOST of these people.
    This is on my freinds FB page SSGT Dan Marshall, Ranger division Ret.
    DREAM ON!!!!
    Dan Marshall
    Ok, I know some of my FB liberals will be harsh on me but.... As I was leaving my buddies house to store my '61 Cadillac I recently picked up I was driving North on IH-45 off Dixie Farm Rd onto IH-45 N. As I was entering freeway this Nissan was traveling at a high rate of speed weaving in and out of traffic. As the Father's Day traffic kept him in check every 5-10 miles he found spots to speed back up again. As traffic cleared around South IH-610 this jackass speed past me at a high rate of speed again and stayed in eye shot just past S Wayside until I could see traffic at a stand still again due to an accident at Scott street. This jackass didn't even stop and slammed into 8 cars at a high rate of speed. Knocking cars all over the freeway and causing me onto the shoulder and into the grass! As I reversed back onto the freeway I attempted to help folks. I made an initial check on the culprit and he was stuck inside the Nissan with blood pouring from his face. My thought at this moment was please bleed out dumb ass because just in eye shot of his Nissan was a child laying on the hard concrete road bed next to the last car he slammed into. Miraculously she was going to be ok with scraps and bruises. No one was killed! But this Mexican Jackass had No ID, no Green Card and No Drivers License! And are you surprised yet?!? No Insurance!!! How in the **** can you drive a new Nissan in our country and not have any of these items?!! To top it all off he did not have a right arm!! WTF!! Ill tell you what if that child was DOA on the freeway, I would have pulled this thug out of the Nissan and beat what life he had left out of him! Why?? Blatantly driving reckless, no insurance, drunk or high on drugs, no ID, here illegally, disregard for others safety! And for hurting an innocent child on Fathers Day. This is why!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4493923]If it is good enough for business it's fair for them as well, no?[/QUOTE]

No. Businesses get tax breaks/incentives, but not cash handouts.

Anyone can get an ITIN and get cash. $4.2B worth a year was handed out.

You knew that right?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;4492812]Then we've never had laws because prosecutorial discretion has always been a feature of the justice system.

It's not a question of ignorance of the law, it's a question of responsibility for the crime. A kid brough over illegally by a parent has no responsibility for entering illegally, and ought to be treated like any other alien seeking permanent residence. The only reason not to is based on not wanting to incentivize bad behavior -hence the detriments I proposed[/QUOTE]

But it still rewards the parents who sneak in. And then they can make the case that they need to stay to take care of the kids.

IIRC, isn't there some logic that the feds use to seize the assets of organized crime guys? That they're crimes paid for cars, houses, etc, and can therefore be seized? Extrapolating to illegal immigration, wouldn't you be rewarding the parents by letting the kids stay?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4493454]Nobody is saying it isn't a problem, Ace.

What's your solution?[/QUOTE]

Start local... I wonder how many folks decry illegals, but then pay them to mow their lawn or do other tasks they don't want to do themselves?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Brooklyn Jet;4494163]Start local... I wonder how many folks decry illegals, but then pay them to mow their lawn or do other tasks they don't want to do themselves?[/QUOTE]

LET LOCAL POLICE ARREST!!!! Anything from no auto insurance on up, jail, deportation, no, if, ans or buts. You have kids that are "citizens"? your choice, they live with relatives or go with. Adios!!! They break our laws with impunity, especially no insurance while at fault. Me twice and not a F'N thing gets done to them, sickening!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Brooklyn Jet;4494163]Start local... I wonder how many folks decry illegals, but then pay them to mow their lawn or do other tasks they don't want to do themselves?[/QUOTE]

Not many 'regular' folks are going out and finding these guys... They set up areas where they can be picked up... The Home Depot cliche is in the past... They literally build them covered areas that look like large bus stops... The city does this... Start local? Okay, let's start with the cities that obviously know what is going on and choose to do nothing about it...

Most people who pay to have their lawn mowed speak with the owner only...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep,that's why they came herein the first place. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;4494137]No. Businesses get tax breaks/incentives, but not cash handouts.

Anyone can get an ITIN and get cash. $4.2B worth a year was handed out.

You knew that right?[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The owner hiring illegals is ok because the gringos only communicate with owner of the business. That makes it ok, just ignore the brown people in your yard.

[QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4494192]Not many 'regular' folks are going out and finding these guys... They set up areas where they can be picked up... The Home Depot cliche is in the past... They literally build them covered areas that look like large bus stops... The city does this... Start local? Okay, let's start with the cities that obviously know what is going on and choose to do nothing about it...

Most people who pay to have their lawn mowed speak with the owner only...[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4494214]The owner hiring illegals is ok because the gringos only communicate with owner of the business. That makes it ok, just ignore the brown people in your yard.[/QUOTE]

I don't think liberals or the PCers of this country would take too kindly to me going outside and interrogating my landscapers...