Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 10 Things We Learned in Mini-Camp

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4492852]there seems to be a huge disparity between the Dick Semen-i Sanchez stats and those reported during each day of the camp by ALL the other reporters....

reports like 8 of 10 for one practice and similar ones for others

Yet somehow, Dick Semen-i only managed to see 11 completions total out of 29 attempts?

either he is an outright lying douchebag OR (based on my times of watching him watch practices at Hofstra for years and at Cortland in 2010) he may have spent most of the practices in his usual position of facing away from the field jabbering on his cell phone probably ordering pizza or chinese food for lunch[/QUOTE]
    Semen-i is an ignorant peasant with a well known agenda. F him. I'd rather read what Jenny from the block got to write about the Jets

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    People can say that it was only mini camp, but Sanchez's accuracy issues are still disheartening.

This is a ground & pound team that wants to play tough defense, run the ball, and control the clock. To be that kind of team you need an efficient QB who is accurate and doesn't turn the ball over. Sanchez has proven to be the total opposite of this so far.

Hopefully he picks it up in training camp.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4494930]People can say that it was only mini camp, but Sanchez's accuracy issues are still disheartening. [/QUOTE]

Yes, but he's improved his accuracy each of his first three seasons. He's on the right track in regards to completion percentage. In 09 Sanchez had a completion percentage of 53.8% as a rookie. In 2010 he posted a 54.8 completion percentage and last year Sanchez put up a 56.7 completion percentage, which isn't impressive to say the least, but at least he's improved upon his accuracy during 3 consecutive seasons; which has to mean something. If Sanchez went from a 53.8 as a rookie to a 54.8 as a 2nd year player (an increase of 1.0%) and also went from a 54.8 to a 56.7 last year (an increase of 1.9%)... He's on pace for an increase of at least 3.6%. If Sanchez can put up a 60.3 completion percentage, that'll be considered pretty good for only a 4th year quarterback. Eli Manning had a completion percentage of 61.0 last year and posted QB percentages of 48.2%, 52.8% and 57.7% during each of his first 3 years. It's called developing as a quarterback.

I do agree, that Sanchez must continue to improve with his overall accuracy, but at least he's improved each and every season (with different groups of WR's) and now has an offensive coordinator in Tony Sparano who coaches up an offense with the technique/strategy of an offense (QB & WR's) that has the freedom/flexibility to read a defense, followed by making adjustments (pre-snap), with the WR's being able to hot route to the QB in regards to changing the route to beat the defense ala finding an open zone or hole in the coverage. You don't think, just for one second, that Sanchez being forced to throw into coverage because of Shotty's play calling hasn't affected (in a negative way) our quarterbacks ability to find the open man?

[QUOTE=Untouchable;4494930]This is a ground & pound team that wants to play tough defense, run the ball, and control the clock. [/QUOTE]

I do agree that we're built for the ground and pound and with Sparano running the offense, we'll become much more of a physical offense, but lets not forget that Sparano loves to spread the offense out, and sling the rock from time to time. His Dolphin offenses pretty much always ranked top 10 in regards to plays of 20+ yards. Sanchez will get his chance to breakout and lead this team on the offensive end. Of course the wildcat with Tebow as the center piece and rushing the football 22-25+ times per game will all take pressure off of Sanchez, but I believe that Sparano is going to run the ball, to set up the play action passing as well as drop back passing as a whole.

[QUOTE=Untouchable;4494930]To be that kind of team you need an efficient QB who is accurate and doesn't turn the ball over. Sanchez has proven to be the total opposite of this so far. [/QUOTE]

Yes, Sanchez has been turnover prone, but plenty of our fan base still judges Sanchez off of his rookie season of 2009 ala where he threw 12 TD's/20 INT's. Not many take the time to remember the improvements that Sanchez has made over the past two years. Went from 12 TD's and 20 INT's in 09 to 17 TD's and 13 INT's during his second season of 2010 to 26 TD's and 18 INT's last year. He went from 20 INT's in 09 to 18 INT's last season. Which doesn't seem like much of a difference, but he threw the football 179 more times last season when compared to his rookie season. 18 INT's was still too high last season, but at least he's improved his accuracy as well as his TD to INT ratio during each of his first 3 seasons in the league.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Sanchez throw for 3,700 yards, 31 TD's/14 INT's with a completion percentage of 60.3%. Based off the way he's improved his accuracy, yardage and TD/INT ratio during each of his 3 years? Those numbers are reachable, especially with an offensive coordinator who understands how to call situational plays.
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 06-19-2012 at 04:24 AM.