Thread: Rush - Ron Howard...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Rush - Ron Howard...

I watched a documentary last night about the '55 Lemans disaster and after reading more I thought a great movie could be made about that era's top racer Fangio. So after googling around on a slow afternoon I stumbled across a flick Ron Howard is doing, Rush, based on the 1976 F1 Racing season, and in particular the rivalry between James Hunt and Niki Lauda (who survived a horrific crash and came back to race in a couple of weeks). Racing was wild back in those days and Mario Andretti may have been one of the biggest names of my youth, I think this flick is going to be great.

Anyway, after some searching of the characters I came upon this site

[URL]http://theselvedgeyard.wordpress.com/2010/10/16/james-hunt-the-shunt/[/URL]

...this guy was something else, Hampurites young and old will get a kick out his story. How about this line he gave to Richard Burton, after losing his wife, Suzy Miller a model, to him (he supposedly banged 5000 :eek:) [COLOR=#333333][B][I]“Relax, Richard. You’ve done me a wonderful turn by taking on the most alarming expense account in the country.” [/I][/B]lol that's a Hampur man.[/COLOR]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Check out Ron Howard's twitter feed. He's been posting pictures and updates from the set for the past couple of months. Really cool stuff. I'm definitely looking forward to that movie.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4492864]Check out Ron Howard's twitter feed. He's been posting pictures and updates from the set for the past couple of months. Really cool stuff. I'm definitely looking forward to that movie.[/QUOTE]

thanks...going to do that right now :yes: