Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just saw That's My Boy with Rex Ryan...

Just saw That's My Boy with Rex Ryan...

Nothing out of the ordinary for his acting but I find it hilarious that his characters name was Jim Nance. They didn't mention his name but showed it in the credits. haha.

Baron Davis also made a cameo. I'd go watch it. Funny stuff.

[QUOTE=Minkaveli;4493169]Nothing out of the ordinary for his acting but I find it hilarious that his characters name was Jim Nance. They didn't mention his name but showed it in the credits. haha.

Baron Davis also made a cameo. I'd go watch it. Funny stuff.[/QUOTE]

Nice try, Adam Sandler. You'll need a lot more than a post under your JI alias to trick me into going to see your crappy movie.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Minkaveli;4493169]Nothing out of the ordinary for his acting but I find it hilarious that his characters name was Jim Nance. They didn't mention his name but showed it in the credits. haha.

What the hell are you talking about.?

Hall Of Fame
    Thats it? Sounds pretty Schitty to me.

This role cost us our season. He was more focused on making movies than he was on the psyche of his team. I would expect a little more.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... if you like adam sandler & raunchy idiot humor it actually has some very funny moments ...

... they do actually explain jim nance name as a former patriot ... not the announcer ... this was the first link i got for him ...

[url]http://www.nytimes.com/1992/06/17/us/jim-nance-a-star-with-the-patriots-ex-runner-was-49.html[/url]

... anyway, at the very beginning you have to put away your reality hat and "just go with it" ... once you do that prepare to enjoy some crass guy laughs! ...

... not his best ... but def a couple scenes had my peeing my pants ...

l_j_r
    Last edited by lamont_jordan_rules; 06-16-2012 at 11:13 AM. Reason: nantz - nance

All League
    [QUOTE=TechJet;4493233]What the hell are you talking about.?[/QUOTE]

I think he's talking about how he thought it was humerous that Rex Ryan's characters name in the new Adam Sandler is Jim Nance. I also think he is saying Baron Davis, a professional basketball player, also had a cameo role in the film. Hopefutlly that helps you.

Personally, I thought it was very clear what he was talking about, but hey, that's just me.

jim nance was a very good running back from syracuse who played mostly for the patriots. he also played for the jets in pre-season (maybe 1972) but was cut. syacuse produced some really good running backs back then. starting with jim brown and then progressing to nance and csonka and a few others.

[QUOTE=sameoldjets;4493266]jim nance was a very good running back from syracuse who played mostly for the patriots. he also played for the jets in pre-season (maybe 1972) but was cut. syacuse produced some really good running backs back then. starting with jim brown and then progressing to nance and csonka and a few others.[/QUOTE]

Correct. I remember watching Nance play as a kid. He was one of the few shining stars on some pretty dismal teams. Sadly, he died young at 49.

The movie was filmed here around town and clogged up the already busy streets for much of last summer. That's the only interest I'd have to see this Sandler dreck, though, to see the local landmarks.

It just dawned on me that Jim Nantz and Jim Nance are (were) 2 different people! One being a current irritating announcer who always is biased toward the asterisks and the other being the ex-Pats fullback who died in 1992, long before the Pats became asterisks. Duh. For years, I never distinguished between the two.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=sameoldjets;4493266]jim nance was a very good running back from syracuse who played mostly for the patriots. he also played for the jets in pre-season (maybe 1972) but was cut. syacuse produced some really good running backs back then. starting with jim brown and then progressing to nance and csonka and a few others.[/QUOTE]
    You can't mention Syracuse RBs and not mention Ernie Davis, its like blasphemy. Great back, exceptional human being. I think God just signed him to a 50 year deal for his squad.

All League
    [QUOTE=RazorJet;4493297]You can't mention Syracuse RBs and not mention Ernie Davis, its like blasphemy. Great back, exceptional human being. I think God just signed him to a 50 year deal for his squad.[/QUOTE]

Joe Morris too...the ex-Giant RB...Very good player. Parcells loved him.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4493243]Thats it? Sounds pretty Schitty to me.

This role cost us our season. He was more focused on making movies than he was on the psyche of his team. I would expect a little more.[/QUOTE]

lol

Jets Insider VIP
    Im not a big sandler guy but i thought the movie was hysterical. I would definately recommend u go see it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=RazorJet;4493297]You can't mention Syracuse RBs and not mention Ernie Davis, its like blasphemy. Great back, exceptional human being. I think God just signed him to a 50 year deal for his squad.[/QUOTE]

+1 Also first black player to win the Heisman and first black player to be the first pick in a NFL draft.. What a backfield him and Jim Brown would have made..

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Thanks for the review and I'll definitely pick up the $5 copy when DVD Jonny stops by the day spa with "good copy"! Lol.

Jets Insider VIP
    At one point in the movie, sandler is drinking a Natural Ice tall boy. In another scene, he is drinking a Busch 40.

For those reasons alone you should see it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Thanks for the review and I'll definitely pick up the $5 copy when DVD Jonny stops by the day spa with "good copy"! Lol.

It was Sandler's best movie in years and Ryan's comment on his Bill Belichick bobble-head was hilarious.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Dcat;4493293]It just dawned on me that Jim Nantz and Jim Nance are (were) 2 different people! One being a current irritating announcer who always is biased toward the asterisks and the other being the ex-Pats fullback who died in 1992, long before the Pats became asterisks. Duh. For years, I never distinguished between the two.[/QUOTE]
    The one thing that gave it away for me was the fact that Jim Nance was black.

[QUOTE=Limolady;4494017]Thanks for the review and I'll definitely pick up the $5 copy when DVD Jonny stops by the day spa with "good copy"! Lol.[/QUOTE]

One word. Torrent.