Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just saw That's My Boy with Rex Ryan...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4494016]At one point in the movie, sandler is drinking a Natural Ice tall boy. In another scene, he is drinking a Busch 40.

For those reasons alone you should see it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's definitely worth my $10.50 :rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I always wondered "Who in the world would spend their money on schlock like this?"

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    New Rex Ryan Movie Bombs

Tom Cruise and Adam Sandler ventured outside of their wheelhouses in new films this weekend but found their risk-taking roundly rejected at the box office.

"That's My Boy" turned out to have one of the poorest opening weekends ever for Sandler. The movie, in which he plays a man-child dad trying to reconnect with his son — played by Andy Samberg — is only the third R-rated comedy the actor has appeared in. (The other two,"Funny People" and "Punch Drunk Love," were also box-office duds.) Many of his films have been PG-13 rated comedies, including"Just Go With It" and"Grown Ups," which have collected more than $100 million each in the U.S.

"That's My Boy" received dismal reviews, but Sandler's films have typically been critic-proof. His last movie, the 2011 cross-dressing comedy "Jack and Jill,"notched only a 3% fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes but grossed $149.7 million worldwide. It seems unlikely that his latest Sony Pictures movie, which had a budget of around $70 million, will end up faring that well.

The movie could suffer from poor word of mouth, because those who saw it over the weekend gave it an average grade of B-. The film appealed slightly more to men than to women but failed to attract a strong contingent of young moviegoers, because 48% of the crowd was older than 25.

Sony's president of distribution, Rory Bruer, did not deny that the film's opening was a disappointment.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4494130][B]New Rex Ryan Movie Bombs[/B]

Tom Cruise and Adam Sandler ventured outside of their wheelhouses in new films this weekend but found their risk-taking roundly rejected at the box office.

"That's My Boy" turned out to have one of the poorest opening weekends ever for Sandler. The movie, in which he plays a man-child dad trying to reconnect with his son played by Andy Samberg is only the third R-rated comedy the actor has appeared in. (The other two,"Funny People" and "Punch Drunk Love," were also box-office duds.) Many of his films have been PG-13 rated comedies, including"Just Go With It" and"Grown Ups," which have collected more than $100 million each in the U.S.

"That's My Boy" received dismal reviews, but Sandler's films have typically been critic-proof. His last movie, the 2011 cross-dressing comedy "Jack and Jill,"notched only a 3% fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes but grossed $149.7 million worldwide. It seems unlikely that his latest Sony Pictures movie, which had a budget of around $70 million, will end up faring that well.

The movie could suffer from poor word of mouth, because those who saw it over the weekend gave it an average grade of B-. The film appealed slightly more to men than to women but failed to attract a strong contingent of young moviegoers, because 48% of the crowd was older than 25.

Sony's president of distribution, Rory Bruer, did not deny that the film's opening was a disappointment.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Having a cameo in a movie doesn't make it [B]his[/B] movie. :rolleyes:

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wasted $10 on Rock of Ages...then caught the first half hour Sandler's movie....just awful. Rex was great though, have to admit it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;4494131]Having a cameo in a movie doesn't make it [B]his[/B] movie.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://media.cnbc.com/i/CNBC/Sections/News_And_Analysis/_News/_Special_Reports/Super_Bowl_12/Slideshows/CelebritySportsNuts_Naziri/celebs-at-sports-games-sandler.jpg[/IMG]

LOL. Yeah, but why else would any Jets fan go see an Adam Sandler movie with unfavorable reviews?

SAR I

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4493716]Im not a big sandler guy but i thought the movie was hysterical. I would definately recommend u go see it.[/QUOTE]

Are you still recommending Tebow as an elite NFL quarterback?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex was excellent and showed natural acting skills. Adam Sandler not his best performance. Movie had its funny moments.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;4494090]Yeah, that's definitely worth my $10.50 :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
    Arguable if it's even worth the $1.20 when it comes to Redbox.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4494174]Arguable if it's even worth the $1.20 when it comes to Redbox.[/QUOTE]

I'd say no. The Rex scene was leaked months ago so I had/have no incentive now to see the rest of the movie. I'm not the biggest fan of Sandler's, his immature humor is so played out by now. There's a reason why reviewers are killing this movie. Save your money, even if it is $1.20

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex is in more then 1 scene. And the scene that was leaked is actually much longer in the movie.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4494263][B]Rex is in more then 1 scene[/B]. And the scene that was leaked is actually much longer in the movie.[/QUOTE]

Is there a foot fetish scene by any chance?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sandler needs to stop making movies. This guy sucks. This was so bad. Don't do it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    This mook hasn't made a decent movie in almost 15 years.

Happy Gilmore, Billy Madison, The Wedding Singer, Airheads, Bulletproof, The Waterboy...hell, even Big Daddy. All rock solid comedies.

Then the new millenium came and Sandler lost every funny bone in his body for some reason.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4495714]This mook hasn't made a decent movie in almost 15 years.

Happy Gilmore, Billy Madison, The Wedding Singer, Airheads, Bulletproof, The Waterboy...hell, even Big Daddy. All rock solid comedies.

Then the new millenium came and Sandler lost every funny bone in his body for some reason.[/QUOTE]

Crazy talk... Grown Ups was solid, as was I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry...

And personally, I liked just Go With It :yes:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Ironocleez....Samberg first came on my radar as a dude who did a deadly impression of Sandler's insipid, childish, faux-voiced psuedo-comedy.

10 seconds of baby talk or screaming...and you had Sandler's act.

Samberg nailed it.

Now here he is, free from SNL....starring in another Sandler bomb.

You cant make this up.

Sandler got revenge.

:yes:

-

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4495762]Crazy talk... Grown Ups was solid, as was I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry...

And personally, I liked just Go With It :yes:[/QUOTE]

Both of those were terrible, especially Grown Ups, which I was made to sit and suffer through.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4495762]Crazy talk... Grown Ups was solid, as was I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry...

And personally, I liked just Go With It :yes:[/QUOTE]

You must be a fan of stupid humor.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    how the $%^& did that movie cost $70 million to make?????

I know some guys who could've done it for 1/4th the cost and made it funnier

Rex was good in it though.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JB1089;4495799]Both of those were terrible, especially Grown Ups, which I was made to sit and suffer through.[/QUOTE]

Considering the cast in Grown Ups I was shocked it wasn't funny. I recall waiting for the funny moments that never came. It was an odd movie, almost like they didn't want to even be there together.