Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: S heyer will he win a starting guard position

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4493606]Who ever said anything about perfection?

Typical Ray Ray. Making a mountain out of a molehill with exaggeration.[/QUOTE]

Typical Jordy. Whining and trying to stir up sh1t

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4493652]Not for nothing, but I'd trade in Landry for Eric Winston in a f*cking heartbeat.

And I like Landry.[/QUOTE]

$$ and the cap prevented the jets from going after Winston, if they wanted to. JMO.

The Landry contract is nowhere near the Winston contract.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4493660]$$ and the cap prevented the jets from going after Winston, if they wanted to. JMO.

The Landry contract is nowhere near the Winston contract.[/QUOTE]

welcome back CMart

one post in 11 days until now.... such vacations are NOT allowed for the #1 source of team information here at JI

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4493652]Not for nothing, but I'd trade in Landry for Eric Winston in a f*cking heartbeat.

And I like Landry.[/QUOTE]

Who wouldn't, but who would do it? Some people would like to trade Landry for a roster spot.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not defending Hunter's screw ups in 2011, but I am rebelling against the "great or sucks" mentality. Hunter is in a no-win situation with the fans this year.... When he's good he'll be ignored, while the doomsayers will be waiting to pounce when, inevitibly, someone gets by him. On top of that he will have double the pressure of a normal RT as teams will target him like Rob Ryan and others did last year.

He has the talent and the mentality to improve, and lots of evidence he can do it. Unlike Ducasse who just doesn't seem to have the brain power. I'm rooting for the guy, and trusting that the coaches see things the naysayers don't.

[URL]http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/05/11/green-lantern-its-time-for-jets-fans-to-cut-wayne-hunter-some-slack/[/URL]
    "Itís easy to treat Hunter like a pin cushion because he was that bad in 2011, but the Jets as a whole were pretty terrible. To single him out as the whipping boy [URL="http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/02/08/green-lantern-jets-need-an-identity-that-lasts-test-of-time-not-peyton-manning/"]was always and remains a failure to grasp the bigger picture[/URL]."

"What people tend to forget about Hunter is despite him never being a starter during his five NFL seasons prior to 2010, he stepped into precisely that role during the season that ended with the Jets losing for the second consecutive year in the AFC Championship game and was every bit as good as any of the teamís other offensive lineman, some of whom have become perennial Pro Bowlers."

"[B]The old adage about linemen is very true: when you donít hear about them they are doing their jobs.[/B] Hunter quietly did his job and then some two seasons ago and the only time you really heard about him was in the title game loss to Pittsburgh, which, to be fair, featured a first-half breakdown by the entire team, not just Hunter"

[URL]http://www.fbgratings.com/members/profile.php?pyid=880[/URL]
    [B]"Oct 24 2011[/B] - RT [SIZE=2][B]Wayne Hunter[/B] struggled in the first two games of the season, but has been playing well ever since. His improvement is a big part of the Jets' improved running game. The Jets like to run behind right guard Brandon Moore.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][B]Oct 13 2011[/B] - RT [B]Wayne Hunter[/B] played poorly in the first two games of the season, but has played much better since. Hunter, a career backup, started on opening day for the first time in 2011 after the retirement of former Jet Damien Woody."[/SIZE]

[URL="http://www.capitalnewyork.com/article/null/2011/11/4051943/high-school-scrapper-and-late-blooming-pro-wayne-hunter-begins-put-it-a"][SIZE=2]http://www.capitalnewyork.com/article/null/2011/11/4051943/high-school-scrapper-and-late-blooming-pro-wayne-hunter-begins-put-it-a[/SIZE][/URL]
    "But quietly, Hunter shook off his poor start. According to Pro Football Focus, each of the four games he played going into Sunday since those ghastly first three were above average. He even had his redemption in a nationally televised game when he stonewalled the Dolphins' Pro Bowler Cameron Wake in one-on-one protection, earning praise from the television analysts."

" If you watched Hunter carefully, though, you would have seen that he executed his job an overwhelmingly high percentage of the time and played outstandingly, both in run-blocking and pass-protection. He was part of a Jets effort that controlled the line of scrimmage so thoroughly that itís surprising the Jets didnít blow the game open much earlier than they did."

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4493640]Say's the jackass who spun one of my posts as meaning "fans should suck it up and keep their mouths shut" :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
    Believe it or not Ray Ray, most would agree with that characterization.

Your posts are filled with that.

Ray Ray's response: "Prove it. Show me one post where I tell anyone to suck it up and keep their mouth's shut."

:rolleyes:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;4493647]Actually he's making perfect sense and it seems like you're arguing just to argue, without making a single point.

Every question mark was not going to be addressed and fixed with one draft and limited FA help due to the cap stability.

Most of us knew this before the offseason started.[/QUOTE]

My point was pretty simple.

Ray Ray took a comment asking for improvement at the RT position to a cry for perfection.

No one here said anything about expecting perfection at every position.

That makes perfect sense? Umm okay.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4493659]Typical Jordy. Whining and trying to stir up sh1t[/QUOTE]

Oh the irony.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jordy is smacking them out of the park early today. Must have gotten one helluva BJ last night.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4493677]Who wouldn't, but who would do it? Some people would like to trade Landry for a roster spot.[/QUOTE]
    Tell you what.

Let's revisit the Landry situation at a later date.

Then one of us can say I told you so.

Fair?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4493735]Jordy is smacking them out of the park early today. Must have gotten one helluva BJ last night.[/QUOTE]
    Actually, it was good boom boom with the wife this morning.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4493737]Actually, it was good boom boom with the wife this morning.[/QUOTE]

Father's Day has its perks.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4493754]Father's Day has its perks.[/QUOTE]
    Everyday is Father's Day here. :cool:

I married a great lady all around.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4493726]Believe it or not Ray Ray, most would agree with that characterization.

Your posts are filled with that.

Ray Ray's response: "Prove it. Show me one post where I tell anyone to suck it up and keep their mouth's shut."

:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

No, that's just the jackass in you who has recently become obsessed with hatred with anything I put up on the board.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4493735]Jordy is smacking them out of the park early today. Must have gotten one helluva BJ last night.[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes:

Jordy has a cheerleader on the board.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4493762]No, that's just the jackass in you who has recently become obsessed with hatred with anything I put up on the board.[/QUOTE]

Oh the irony.

[QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4493763]:rolleyes:

Jordy has a cheerleader on the board.[/QUOTE]

He can obviously read through bull****.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4493769]Oh the irony.

He can obviously read through bull****.[/QUOTE]

The bull**** he wants to anyway...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4493769]Oh the irony.

He can obviously read through bull****.[/QUOTE]

Actually he's one of the most negative posters on the board and gives kudos to anyone who does the same.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4493729]My point was pretty simple.

Ray Ray took a comment asking for improvement at the RT position to a cry for perfection.

No one here said anything about expecting perfection at every position.

That makes perfect sense? Umm okay.[/QUOTE]

No he took the knock that we didn't address the position and stated that not every position of need can be addressed during an offseason.

Wasn't really a remark that should start an argument. Was pretty dead on actually.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;4493930]No he took the knock that we didn't address the position and stated that not every position of need can be addressed during an offseason.

Wasn't really a remark that should start an argument. Was pretty dead on actually.[/QUOTE]
    Then you obviously have a reading comprehension problem.

Hint: the word was "perfection."

Maybe you should pay more attention instead of starting an argument with me every chance you can.