Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Excellent Vrentas article on sparano offense

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4493757]1. Doubt that. The Jets opened up the offense for Sanchez last year.

2. That is Sanchez' problem, not Schotty's.

I am all for criticizing Schotty. But I find it hard to blame these things on him. I think people want to find a scapegoat for Sanchez' performance. It is convenient to blame everything on Schotty. Schotty wasn't the one blocking, passing or catching.[/QUOTE]
    To me, The O Line and Shotty get most of the blame, a QB with no protection will almost always have a sh*tty year

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4493780]No, but he was the one designing, and calling the plays. If players aren't buying in, and the design and play calling becomes predictable, that is a problem. If the play design is not working against what the defense is doing to counter, than that is on the shoulders of the OC, and it appears Schotty was too stubborn to realize, and this is coming from a person who defended a lot of Schotty criticism.[/QUOTE]

Ray, you are a good poster when you aren't trying to insult someone. I agree with this 100%. I just don't want to make this 100% about Schotty. We had a lot of players who underachieved on offense last season. Hopefully Sparano is more in sync with them and they buy in to the system and get results. Because if they don't get results then it doesn't matter how much they like the system. There is no cure better than winning.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Mohegangreen;4493800]Is Jenny hot? If she is, she may be the ultimate babe[/QUOTE]

football intelligence is an attractive quality in a woman ... she also appears to be tall or her male colleague is short.

[QUOTE=Gangrene;4493811]football intelligence is an attractive quality in a woman ... she also appears to be tall or her male colleague is short.[/QUOTE]
    I've never seen her, but i dig her

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Charlie Brown;4493802]I love it...

[B]It doesn't matter what the actual players are saying and telling you what happened on offense last year; we the fans on JI now know better than the players themselves as to what happened and didn't happen....[/B]

Again I say you can't make it up!!:eek:[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Because the players are the first ones to criticize themselves. :rolleyes:

If the players say it, it must be true. :rolleyes:

You can't make up the naivete. :yes:

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4493810]Ray, you are a good poster when you aren't trying to insult someone. I agree with this 100%. I just don't want to make this 100% about Schotty. We had a lot of players who underachieved on offense last season. Hopefully Sparano is more in sync with them and they buy in to the system and get results. Because if they don't get results then it doesn't matter how much they like the system. There is no cure better than winning.[/QUOTE]

Save the lecture and your pedestal. A lot of people are good posters here, when they don't have agendas, or are butthurt from a dick waving contest, and you are just as guilty as anybody, yet you love to lecture about it for some reason.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4493828]Save the lecture and your pedestal. A lot of people are good posters here, when they don't have agendas, or are butthurt from a dick waving contest, and you are just as guilty as anybody, yet you love to lecture about it for some reason.[/QUOTE]

That didn't last long now did it.

:D

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4493829]That didn't last long now did it.

:D[/QUOTE]

The point is, you should hold on to those stones, your house has quite a bit of glass!

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=barkus;4493667][url]http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/06/explaining_how_tony_sparanos_n.html[/url]

The key lies in flexibility, allowing the quarterback and his receivers to make fluid and choreographed adjustments in order to best attack the voids and weaknesses of the opposing defense. As Sparano told the offense in a meeting Thursday morning, “We are not robots.”
    Sparano’s offense has a heavy emphasis on sight adjustments and hot routes — in which a receiver’s route can be adjusted in response to a blitzing defense — and it also includes a variety of tags and option routes that allow receivers to find open spaces against the coverage.
    These are widespread concepts in the NFL, and they existed on some level in Schottenheimer’s system, too. But as receiver Santonio Holmes put it, “We have more than we did last year, let’s just say that.”....

The offense will give Sanchez more flexibility and options, if he knows what he is doing this could be good. Article suggests it was schitty's O which only had one read which I'm not sure about. Sparano also said Sanchez had 67% completion in padless practices, you wouldn't get that impression from the reports we saw.[/QUOTE]

Here's my take on all this. We will see more productivity from the Jets Offense in the first quarter. Last two years under Schotty the worst part of the Jets offense were the 15 or so "scripted" plays to start the game. Horrible, each and every game. Jets were terrible in first qtr. The article above explains it; those plays were waaaay too scripted, gave the O too few options to respond to what was given to them.

[QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4493830]The point is, you should hold on to those stones, your house has quite a bit of glass![/QUOTE]
    Ray Ray keeps it real, gotta give him respect for that

[QUOTE=positive;4493832]Here's my take on all this. We will see more productivity from the Jets Offense in the first quarter. Last two years under Schotty the worst part of the Jets offense were the 15 or so "scripted" plays to start the game. Horrible, each and every game. Jets were terrible in first qtr. The article above explains it; those plays were waaaay too scripted, gave the O too few options to respond to what was given to them.[/QUOTE]
    Dead on bro, we all remember those miserable first quarters during the Shotty years

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4493828]Save the lecture and your pedestal. A lot of people are good posters here, when they don't have agendas, or are butthurt from a [B]dick waving contest[/B], and you are just as guilty as anybody, yet you love to lecture about it for some reason.[/QUOTE]

Oh the irony.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4493829]That didn't last long now did it.

:D[/QUOTE]

You didn't kneel and kiss his ring.:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4493828]Save the lecture and your pedestal. A lot of people are good posters here, when they don't have agendas, or are butthurt from a dick waving contest, and you are just as guilty as anybody, yet you love to lecture about it for some reason.[/QUOTE]

Why are you so freakin angry... can't you just let things go... ever?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=TheMo;4493839]Why are you so freakin angry... can't you just let things go... ever?[/QUOTE]

Because...

[IMG]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_1ilAM6t1klw/St4nNPAkA4I/AAAAAAAAAVc/HBSs0YvnY2M/s400/InternetToughGuy2.gif[/IMG]
    Last edited by Jordy; 06-17-2012 at 02:42 PM.

haha, good one, always pictured Ray Ray different, very shocking

[QUOTE=TheMo;4493839]Why are you so freakin angry... can't you just let things go... ever?[/QUOTE]

The guy has no problem dishing out pot shot after pot shot and getting on his pedestal...

What is there to let go?

And really, who the **** are you to talk?

[QUOTE=Jordy;4493846]Because...

[IMG]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_1ilAM6t1klw/St4nNPAkA4I/AAAAAAAAAVc/HBSs0YvnY2M/s400/InternetToughGuy2.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Speaking of irony... :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    It is no so much the scripting as it was what was scripted. I would think many if not all offenses have their plays scripted in the beginning of the game. Those are plays the offense has practiced all week and think can be successful in the game. I think Schotty was poor at choosing the plays and when they failed maybe he stood with the script too long. Obviously, we have no way of knowing for sure how many plays were scripted and for how long the script was used but what we do know is that the Jets stunk in the first quarters. So I guess we can also question the practice habits of the offense. Since they are practicing these plays and all week still were unable to perform in the game.

I am coming to the conclusion that our offense was just one giant cancerous cluster phuck last season. I put the blame on every player and coach. I think we will learn a lot about our team. We will find out if it was Schotty, the players, both and how much. The offense is going to be under a lot of pressure this year. Holmes will be under a microscope and he will be criticized the first time he raises his voice in practice. Sanchez has Tebow hovering over him and Wayne Hunter is the starting RT. I hope the adversity galvanizes the offense this year rather than destroy it. We will see.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4493888]It is no so much the scripting as it was what was scripted. I would think many if not all offenses have their plays scripted in the beginning of the game. Those are plays the offense has practiced all week and think can be successful in the game. I think Schotty was poor at choosing the plays and when they failed maybe he stood with the script too long. Obviously, we have no way of knowing for sure how many plays were scripted and for how long the script was used but what we do know is that the Jets stunk in the first quarters. So I guess we can also question the practice habits of the offense. Since they are practicing these plays and all week still were unable to perform in the game.

I am coming to the conclusion that our offense was just one giant cancerous cluster phuck last season. I put the blame on every player and coach. I think we will learn a lot about our team. We will find out if it was Schotty, the players, both and how much. The offense is going to be under a lot of pressure this year. Holmes will be under a microscope and he will be criticized the first time he raises his voice in practice. Sanchez has Tebow hovering over him and Wayne Hunter is the starting RT. I hope the adversity galvanizes the offense this year rather than destroy it. We will see.[/QUOTE]

No one ever said anything about the plays being scripted. They said they were expecting a different coverages, and that shotty refused to change the scheme, or allow any freedom to improvise. Also they said he'd have only one option, and if it wasn't there he'd have to hold the ball and stay on that guy or throw it away. Are you dense. It wasn't just one player but many players and coaches over years that have alluded to this, and we've seen the results from many qbs that have left here and flourished. I don't see the conflict here, but I guess you just have to find some way to be right. You're grasping at straws here though.