Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Excellent Vrentas article on sparano offense

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4493885]The guy has no problem dishing out pot shot after pot shot and getting on his pedestal...

What is there to let go?

And really, who the **** are you to talk?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4493886]Speaking of irony... :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Irony on top of irony.

Total doosh.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=positive;4493832]Here's my take on all this. We will see more productivity from the Jets Offense in the first quarter. Last two years under Schotty the worst part of the Jets offense were the 15 or so "scripted" plays to start the game. Horrible, each and every game. Jets were terrible in first qtr. The article above explains it; those plays were waaaay too scripted, gave the O too few options to respond to what was given to them.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Mohegangreen;4493835]Dead on bro, we all remember those miserable first quarters during the Shotty years[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4493893][B]No one ever said anything about the plays being scripted[/B]. They said they were expecting a different coverages, and that shotty refused to change the scheme, or allow any freedom to improvise. Also they said he'd have only one option, and if it wasn't there he'd have to hold the ball and stay on that guy or throw it away. [B]Are you dense[/B]. It wasn't just one player but many players and coaches over years that have alluded to this, and we've seen the results from many qbs that have left here and flourished. I don't see the conflict here, but I guess [B]you just have to find some way to be right. You're grasping at straws here though.[/B][/QUOTE]

See above.

You're the dense person. Please make sure your read the thread if you are going to respond to posts that weren't a response to your own.

Stop trying to pick internet fights with me. Not sure what your problem with me is. If you want to have a respectful argument/discussion then I am game, but there is no need for name calling and baiting.

Jets Insider VIP
    whining and stalking done as far as I am concerned

This message is hidden because Jordy is on your ignore list

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4493885]The guy has no problem dishing out pot shot after pot shot and getting on his pedestal...

What is there to let go?

And really, who the **** are you to talk?[/QUOTE]

I don't shoot pot. I smoke it.

[QUOTE=Jordy;4493897]Irony on top of irony.

Total doosh.[/QUOTE]

Too funny...

You continue to prove my point.

Jets Insider VIP
    This message is hidden because [B]sg3[/B] is on your ignore list.

This is what a real ignore message looks like sg3.

Long overdue for someone who hasn't had one post of substance since he arrived and got butt hurt being referred to as an old fart.
    Last edited by Jordy; 06-17-2012 at 04:53 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4493893]we've seen the results from many qbs that have left here and flourished. [/QUOTE]
    I'm curious. What QB's have left the Jets and flourished?

Chad had one good season with Miami but he also had a couple of good seasons here. Who flourished?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4493908]I'm curious. What QB's have left the Jets and flourished?

Chad had one good season with Miami but he also had a couple of good seasons here. Who flourished?[/QUOTE]

I think he meant "left Schotty's system". Brees in NO and Favre in 2009. The issue I have with that it Favre was playing well until he got hurt in 2008 and Brees did have a good year in San Diego and then he went into an Arena League offense.

What the barometer will be is Sanchez v Bradford.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4493911]I think he meant "left Schotty's system". Brees in NO and Favre in 2009. The issue I have with that it Favre was playing well until he got hurt in 2008 and Brees did have a good year in San Diego and then he went into an Arena League offense.

What the barometer will be is Sanchez v Bradford.[/QUOTE]
    I didn't read it that way since he said "left here."

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4493913]I didn't read it that way since he said "left here."[/QUOTE]

I know. You read it correctly. But I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Either way, he is wrong. So it doesn't really matter.

:P

Banned
    I've really enjoyed the change from Shotty Jr to Sparano. I believe in Mark Sanchez and feel he's due for a serious breakout season sooner rather than later. But having Sparano, doesn't mean that Sanchez is 'fixed'. Having Sparano doesn't guarantee that Sanchez will enjoy more success under Sparano than what he did under Shotty Jr. It's not like Sparano has had much success out of the quarterback position.

Chad Henne was under Sparano for how long, 4 years? Henne struggled under Sparano's offense. 31 TD's/37 INT's, a completion percentage of 60.7% to go along with a below average QB rating of 75.7.

Sanchez under Shotty Jr on the other hand? 55 TD's/51 INT's, a completion percentage of 55.3% to go along with a QB rating of 73.2.

Pretty much the same quarterback (in regards to overall numbers).

I'm confident in Sparano's ability to gain the trust of this offense. I feel that our WR's are buying into his offensive scheme heading into the season. I know that, for a fact, that Mark Sanchez wants to succeed in the worst way, and will continue to study the playbook until mastered. That's just what type of kid he's always been. But I'm not expecting a 360, or even 180 turnaround for Mark Sanchez this up coming season. He still needs to learn the playbook, learn the offense, learn how to work with his WR's in ways that he's never worked with WR's before (lots of mistakes between our QB/WR's are bound to happen, and that O.K, because it's all part of a learning curve; and we all learn from mistakes), he'll still have to learn to correct his previous bad habits etc, etc. This season isn't going to be easy on Mark Sanchez. It's his first time since becoming a pro, where he's having to learn a new offense. I feel he'll continue to improve, as he's done each of his 3 years under center, but only time will tell if Sparano's offensive system will truly take Sanchez to the next level, because it never took Henne anywhere.
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 06-17-2012 at 05:15 PM.

[QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4493921]I've really enjoyed the change from Shotty Jr to Sparano. I believe in Mark Sanchez and feel he's due for a serious breakout season sooner rather than later. But having Sparano, doesn't mean that Sanchez is 'fixed'. Having Sparano doesn't guarantee that Sanchez will enjoy more success under Sparano than what he did under Shotty Jr. It's not like Sparano has had much success out of the quarterback position.

Chad Henne was under Sparano for how long, 4 years? Henne struggled under Sparano's offense. 31 TD's/37 INT's, a completion percentage of 60.7% to go along with a below average QB rating of 75.7.

Sanchez under Shotty Jr on the other hand? 55 TD's/51 INT's, a completion percentage of 55.3% to go along with a QB rating of 73.2.

Pretty much the same quarterback (in regards to overall numbers).

I'm confident in Sparano's ability to gain the trust of this offense. I feel that our WR's are buying into his offensive scheme heading into the season. I know that, for a fact, that Mark Sanchez wants to succeed in the worst way, and will continue to study the playbook until mastered. That's just what type of kid he's always been. But I'm not expecting a 360, or even 180 turnaround for Mark Sanchez this up coming season. He still needs to learn the playbook, learn the offense, learn how to work with his WR's in ways that he's never worked with WR's before (lots of mistakes between our QB/WR's are bound to happen, and that O.K, because it's all part of a learning curve; and we all learn from mistakes), he'll still have to learn to correct his previous bad habits etc, etc. This season isn't going to be easy on Mark Sanchez. It's his first time since becoming a pro, where he's having to learn a new offense. I feel he'll continue to improve, as he's done each of his 3 years under center, but only time will tell if Sparano's offensive system will truly take Sanchez to the next level, because it never took Henne anywhere.[/QUOTE]

I think we will see a more mature Sanchez this year, and that will be the key for him moving to the next phase of his development and career.

I expect some bumps in the transition to a new offense and a young WR group. Some will call it built in excuses, it isn't, it's just the nature of the game, and they are very fair factors.

But as the season goes on, I think he will settle in nicely and his maturity will start to emerge.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4493941]I think we will see a more mature Sanchez this year, and that will be the key for him moving to the next phase of his development and career.

I expect some bumps in the transition to a new offense and a young WR group. Some will call it built in excuses, it isn't, it's just the nature of the game, and they are very fair factors.

But as the season goes on, I think he will settle in nicely and his maturity will start to emerge.[/QUOTE]

Good Post........

Rookie
    [QUOTE=JetsNeedNewton;4493679]Great article, lovin' Jenny more every day. It sounds like an offense that takes a lot of smarts and [B]we are fortunate to have 3 QBs of high intelligence.[/B] I really think this is going to be a great year for us, maybe some false steps along the learning curve, a semi-rebuild year, but leading to a killer 2013.[/QUOTE]

Link Please:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4493674]This may be the best thing I've ever read. Can't wait for the season, and for me to be proven right. So sanchez was forced to stare down recievers, and they had no option to change routes based on coverages. ridiculous. Shotty lovers, and Sanchez haters must hate this.[/QUOTE]

Shotty lovers???? Never met one.

Cold Water

I don't like the idea of Sanchez calling the protections. I guess you have to expect him to become the field general at some point, but I had absolutely no problem with Mangold calling the protections, and he seems to be a natural at it, like a veteran catcher calling a game.

[QUOTE=Charlie Brown;4493712][/B]

And just think this is what the OC was actuallyTELLING the QB to do!!!:eek:

You can't make it up!![/QUOTE]

As much as I hate schotty, this cant be true.
    No way a coordinator asks his QB to stare the wr down.

no way that is true. Maybe he was told to stare the wr to hold the DB a second.
    That has to be it.

Cause if what is being implied is true, the entire schotty concept is flawed.
    Stare the WR and if the secondary doesnt do what we expect, just throw the ball away.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Nice read, she really comes across as someone who understands the game.

Regarding the offense, we're still pretty weak at the skill positions compared to other teams, so I don't think any coach can transform this unit into a juggernaut, but an offense in the 10th-15th range, along with a top-3 defense, might be enough for us to win 10 games.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Vrentas...Smart girl. Good looking. Loves sports. I hope she's getting it good. She deserves it.

Go Jets!

[QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4493903]Too funny...

You continue to prove my point.[/QUOTE]

And you continue to prove ours... too funny