Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Excellent Vrentas article on sparano offense

[QUOTE=TheMo;4494107]And you continue to prove ours... too funny[/QUOTE]

"Ours"

heh

Yeah, you aren't obsessed...

[QUOTE=JetsNeedNewton;4493679]Great article, lovin' Jenny more every day. It sounds like an offense that takes a lot of smarts and we are fortunate to have 3 QBs of high intelligence. I really think this is going to be a great year for us, maybe some false steps along the learning curve, a semi-rebuild year, but leading to a killer 2013.[/QUOTE]
    Jenny's the bomb. Excellent reporting. We Jets fans have been starving for this.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=HitSomeone41;4494064]As much as I hate schotty, this cant be true.
    No way a coordinator asks his QB to stare the wr down.

no way that is true. Maybe he was told to stare the wr to hold the DB a second.
    That has to be it.

Cause if what is being implied is true, the entire schotty concept is flawed.
    Stare the WR and if the secondary doesnt do what we expect, just throw the ball away.[/QUOTE]

Neither I nor Do I believe the Jets players quoted in the article are saying that Schotty literally said to Sanchez "stare down the WR", no that would be ridiculous. Rather Schotty's offense approach leads to staring down the reciever.

Another poster in another thread said it this way....

[B]Originally Posted by NY's stepchild

Well apparently they will have options based on the coverage, so running the same play will look different depending on how the defense adjusts. Hard to believe we didn't have this before. It will also have different options based on the presnap read that they should be able to do now that they'll have time to do it. So the plays will be complicated, but simple, and we will run relatively few plays, but know them very well, and they will be able to practice them until the qb and wr know exactly what each other will do in every situation. That is how you avoid staring down a receiver, and the opposite is what "forces" you to. Can't wait for the season.
    [/B]

And I for one agree with NY's stepchild above and for the record as I said before I think that Schotty will be a better HC than an OC. He was just employing the wrong strategy for the offensive roster he was the head of that is all.

Wasn't this the same offense that Miami ran for the past few years?

I wouldn't expect too much.

The system will not change Sanchez's accuracy.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=fidelioion;4494233]Wasn't this the same offense that Miami ran for the past few years?

The system will not change Sanchez's accuracy.[/QUOTE]

Be prepared for the barrage of SOJF attacks.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=fidelioion;4494233]Wasn't this the same offense that Miami ran for the past few years?

These are the two quetions that should be put to Sparano concerning the effectiveness of Miami's previous offense and how his offensive approach will impact Sanchez' overall growth and/or improvement if at all.

Unfortunately we have beat writers all to often more interested in being the news than reporting it.

Miami didn't have Tebow to fake punts and fgs on 4th down.
    Sparano wasn't calling the plays in Miami.
    Sanchez is a better athlete than Henne ever will be.
    I like how Miami played in the trenches/ thought they could win at the LOS more often than not.
    SPARANO GETS THE BEST OUT OF HIS PLAYERS. His Miami teams after 08 wasn't anywhere near the most talented but, they played their asses off(good defenses).
    The jets offense is much of the same unit that played last season for Schotty, it seems everyone was tired of Schotty and is much more amped up to play for someone who actually knows what their doing.
    Schotty doesn't know what he's doing, being a NFL OC and it's apparent.
    So the Offense will be much better this season and F*** what Sparano did in Miami cos WE AIN'T THE DOLPHAGS!!!

Miami's best QB during Sparano's tenure was Ronnie friggin Brown. Hard to have an explosive offense when you have scrubs like Henne, noodle-arm and overrated Matt Moore.

I know Sanchez isn't that much better than Henne but he has a higher upside and now that Schithead is finally gone he'll improve just like every other QB that's ever had to endure ****ty's ineptitude.

[QUOTE=Charlie Brown;4493960]Good Post........[/QUOTE]

Sanchez just needs to cut down on the Turnovers! If he does that, Jets win 2/3 more games & are in the tournament as Parcells used to say.
    Always a toss up what happens at that point.
    But if you arrive in the playoffs bringing a kick azz defense, you always have a chance.

[QUOTE=jetster;4494347]Sanchez just needs to cut down on the Turnovers! If he does that, Jets win 2/3 more games & are in the tournament as Parcells used to say.
    Always a toss up what happens at that point.
    But if you arrive in the playoffs bringing a kick azz defense, you always have a chance.[/QUOTE]

OK...but I am reminded of a pick or two where he had NO CHANCE...weak O line etc.

It aint all on Sanchez.