Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jets right tackle Hunter hopes to shed goat label in 2012

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4493936]Max Starks might be a worth a look. He's had some injury issues but used to be a really good player. If he's healthy the Jets would be foolish not to bring him in :D[/QUOTE]

Starks really isn't much better than Hunter. I watched him get Rapistberger killed plenty o times. He's just a name and he happened to play for the Steelers.

[QUOTE=detjetsfan;4494985]Slauson and Hunter are both mediocre stop gaps. Hunter gets killed b/c he has to play on an island out there in pass protection as a Right Tackle matched up against the league's best pass rushers like Ware.

Slauson is almost as bad as Hunter but he gets away with it because both he and Moore get helped out by Mangold and he almost never matches up against a good pass rusher unless it's someone like Ngata and then he gets destroyed. The only help Hunter got last season was Keller (can't block) and Mulligan (can't block + worthless) with maybe the occasional chip block coming LT.

Not defending Hunter he blows but to act like Slauson is not good either and is FA after next season. Jets could really stand to upgrade at both LG and RT next season.[/QUOTE]

Jets did upgrade that LG position as S Heyer should win that job rather easily. I think he going to surprise alot of Jet fans as he a very good fit what Sparano trying to do on offense.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;4495897]Jets did upgrade that LG position as S Heyer should win that job rather easily. I think he going to surprise alot of Jet fans as he a very good fit what Sparano trying to do on offense.[/QUOTE]

I think I've read they've been moving Slauson around a lot like they're making him a swing man. He didn't sound all too happy about it either, but he blamed Vlad for that I think.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [IMG]http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/6590/imagedrq.jpg[/IMG][FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"]We Must Protect the King[/SIZE][/FONT]

[QUOTE=Raider9175;4495897]Jets did upgrade that LG position as S Heyer should win that job rather easily. I think he going to surprise alot of Jet fans as he a very good fit what Sparano trying to do on offense.[/QUOTE]

I hope you're right. Slauson is mediocre. If the Jets didn't draft Coples (which was absolutely the right pick) the best alternative would have been Decastro not Ingram.

I know he played awful last year and a lot of us (myself included) wanted him cut/traded but I saw part of an interview with him on Jets Nation a couple of weeks ago and he seems like a genuine good guy, very articulate.