Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LT to Announce Retirement

LT to Announce Retirement

[QUOTE]LaDainian Tomlinson will sign a one-day contract with the Chargers so he can retire as a member of the organization.

A lock for the Hall of Fame, Tomlinson will go down as arguably the best running back of the last decade. The five-time Pro Bowl selection spent nine seasons with the Chargers before wrapping up his career with a two-year stint with the Jets. He finishes with 13,684 rushing yards and 145 touchdowns on 3,174 carries, an average of 4.3 yards-per-carry. In 2006, he scored an NFL single-season record 28 rushing touchdowns. Adding to his impressive resume is his 624 career receptions, which included a 100-catch season in 2003. Tomlinson is only one of two tailbacks to achieve the rare feat. He ranks fifth all time in yards from scrimmage with 18,456.[/QUOTE]

[url]http://rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/234984/ladainian-tomlinson-to-announce-retirement[/url]

what a slap in the Jets face.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=FF2;4493740]what a slap in the Jets face.[/QUOTE]

****ing moron.

Great regular season back.. Playoffs.. Um, thats another thing..

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=mcsully;4493751]Great regular season back.. Playoffs.. Um, thats another thing..[/QUOTE]

(Insert Savage's Curtis Martin stat compiler rant)

Hall Of Fame
    LT was all class. Played hard for the Jets and was a professional. He will be missed. He is a first-ballot HoFer. Shame he never got a chance to win a SB.

I bet he is regretting that tattoo now.

[QUOTE=FF2;4493740]what a slap in the Jets face.[/QUOTE]

Will somebody PLEASE BAN this a-hole already? Even his lame attempts to be funny are now annoying, enough is enough.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=SBIII;4493758](Insert Savage's Curtis Martin stat compiler rant)[/QUOTE]

Well if your going to compile TD's are the way to go LT 162 to just 100 for your boy..:yes:

[QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4493760]Will somebody PLEASE BAN this a-hole already? Even his lame attempts to be funny are now annoying, enough is enough.[/QUOTE]

+ infinity

Jets Insider VIP
    Maybe the greatest RB I've ever seen in my lifetime.

Good luck, LT.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4493774]Maybe the greatest RB I've ever seen in my lifetime.

Good luck, LT.[/QUOTE]

+1

When he was at his peak, he was special to watch. Just lethal.

This is a thread honoring LT, if people have nothing to add then you shouldn't post anything. And that includes reacting to trolls or what you think are trolls. Ignore them, don't add to the hijack.

Jets Insider VIP
    Was not a fan of him on the jets, but he was great for sd.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4493788]Was not a fan of him on the jets, but he was great for sd.[/QUOTE]

Of course you weren't.

His first year was more than anyone could have possibly expected. For the cost, it was a slam dunk signing.

All Pro
    As far as the Jets are concerned he was a solid back for us and a good leader.

Obviously a HOFer, and probably the best back I've seen play (although Barry Sanders was pretty special too). Tremendous career.

Should have retired after the 2010 season.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=mcsully;4493751]Great regular season back.. Playoffs.. Um, thats another thing..[/QUOTE]

Tammi the Queer QB...Great regular season QB....Superbowls without the benefit of the most heinous cheating in NFL history....Um, that's another thing....

[QUOTE=Ruby2;4493792][B]Of course you weren't.[/B]

His first year was more than anyone could have possibly expected. For the cost, it was a slam dunk signing.[/QUOTE]

LOL, shocking.

For the money, and the role he played, it was a great pick-up, and he more than did the job.

Why or how any Jets fan can complain about the job LT did here is beyond me, but then again, some fans just love to complain without a clue.

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4493759]LT was all class. Played hard for the Jets and was a professional. He will be missed. He is a first-ballot HoFer. Shame he never got a chance to win a SB.

I bet he is regretting that tattoo now.[/QUOTE]
    All class except for when he piled on by dissing our locker room situation on his way out the door. That was not necessary, good riddance

Jets Insider VIP
    can anybody think of any Jet player or coach that SOJF Joe W. has ever been a fan of??