Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LT to Announce Retirement

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4493740]what a slap in the Jets face.[/QUOTE]

You have something on the mods, don't you?

That's the only reason you haven't been banned. There's no other explanation for it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Vin;4493975]You have something on the mods, don't you?

That's the only reason you haven't been banned. There's no other explanation for it.[/QUOTE]
    Word on the street is he has a real perty mouth.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most overstated RB of all time.

disappeared in the playoffs and sulked when he didn't get his way.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LadainianIMnotDONE;4493938]Tone and Sanchez not getting along was already public and LT addressed it. He said it was the worst he'd ever seen and he said the relationship could be salvaged. I didn't like it when he did it but in retrospect he didn't say anything we didn't know already just gave his opinion on what everyone else already knew.

As for LT ... he came in and was asked to be a 3rd down back but Shonn Greene was way behind schedule and not ready for the position. He gave us a VERY solid first year and I'm glad he did but I agree with the fact that he was overused. He made some huge plays for us as a Jet and I think he overachieved compared to what we thought we were getting. With that being said ... Ladainian IS done ... My name is on this forum is almost as bad as Penny2Coles[/QUOTE]
    You've gotta get over your obsession with me. It's unhealthy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Vin;4493975]You have something on the mods, don't you?

That's the only reason you haven't been banned. There's no other explanation for it.[/QUOTE]

It's because most here, mods included, believe he's funny, which, in their eyes, makes his trolling acceptable. Truthfully, I don't find him funny at all; his attempts at humor are lame and played out like the rest of the "jokes" that go on here. He also knows zero about football, making him totally worthless. But, hey, I don't run the show around here...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;4493990]It's because most here, mods included, believe he's funny, which, in their eyes, makes his trolling acceptable. Truthfully, I don't find him funny at all; his attempts at humor are lame and played out like the rest of the "jokes" that go on here. He also knows zero about football, making him totally worthless. But, hey, I don't run the show around here...[/QUOTE]

I think he's funny

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mohegangreen;4493821]All class except for when he piled on by dissing our locker room situation on his way out the door. That was not necessary[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, this. :(

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Top 10 All-Time RB. Great memories watching him as a Charger and a Jet. Should have been used more last season, and now it's time for Joe McKnight to prove himself.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LSJF;4494007]I think he's funny[/QUOTE]

Thank you for proving my point.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    He was a solider for us. It was a honor watching one of my favorite players of all time on the Jets. Congrats on the career LT!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4493964]He was damn good but he wasn't Marshall Faulk...;)[/QUOTE]

Faulk > LT ...

Mainly because Faulk didn't fade at the end of a season. Faulk handled a heavy workload like LT. LT was just as talented but Faulk in motion was the original Wes Welker. The guy was a top 5 slot receiver at the same time. I don't think there's every been a RB even come close to how good of a receiver Faulk was not to mention he could run inside, outside, and break plays. LT was just as talented and probably a bit more physical than Faulk in his prime but his body couldn't handle that toll and in the playoff's he'd have nothing left in the tank unlike Marshall who was still as effective.

After the Emmit and Barry era I would rank LT up there with the modern day running backs. If I was going strictly based off talent he'd be behind Faulk and ahead of Martin & Davis. The only thing is knowing what he was I'd have another RB on the roster to spare him and give him time. LT put up 5 to 6 huge years but was way too overworked. In the modern era based on statistics and just talent with the eyes ...If you factor in dominance, consistency, stats, actual ability and overall talent I think its fair to say this would be it after Emmitt and Barry. Faulk, LT, Martin, Davis, Peterson. Its amazing to know how many great RB's don't get a ring. Its hard for a RB to a carry a team to a championship after taking all those carries all season long.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;4493989]You've gotta get over your obsession with me. It's unhealthy.[/QUOTE]

come on bro you're awesome. I just know now I have the 2nd worst name on this forum thanks to you. We'll be forever linked because of it ... like Magic & Bird, Felix & Oscar, Zach & Kelly, Bill & Monica,

oh and Penny & Coles!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LadainianIMnotDONE;4494121]Faulk > LT ...

Mainly because Faulk didn't fade at the end of a season. Faulk handled a heavy workload like LT. LT was just as talented but Faulk in motion was the original Wes Welker. The guy was a top 5 slot receiver at the same time. I don't think there's every been a RB even come close to how good of a receiver Faulk was not to mention he could run inside, outside, and break plays. LT was just as talented and probably a bit more physical than Faulk in his prime but his body couldn't handle that toll and in the playoff's he'd have nothing left in the tank unlike Marshall who was still as effective.

After the Emmit and Barry era I would rank LT up there with the modern day running backs. If I was going strictly based off talent he'd be behind Faulk and ahead of Martin & Davis. The only thing is knowing what he was I'd have another RB on the roster to spare him and give him time. LT put up 5 to 6 huge years but was way too overworked. In the modern era based on statistics and just talent with the eyes ...If you factor in dominance, consistency, stats, actual ability and overall talent I think its fair to say this would be it after Emmitt and Barry. Faulk, LT, Martin, Davis, Peterson. Its amazing to know how many great RB's don't get a ring. Its hard for a RB to a carry a team to a championship after taking all those carries all season long.[/QUOTE]

LT sh*ts all over Emmitt.

For as much crap as people give C-Mart about being a "compiler", Emmitt Smith was the ultimate compiler.

15 seasons in the league, 7-8 of which were behind arguably the greatest OL in NFL history and with a HOF QB who was arguably the most accurate, efficient passer of all-time (Montana is the only QB I would rank ahead of Aikman in this regard).

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4494125]LT sh*ts all over Emmitt.

For as much crap as people give C-Mart about being a "compiler", Emmitt Smith was the ultimate compiler.

15 seasons in the league, 7-8 of which were behind arguably the greatest OL in NFL history and with [B]a HOF QB who was arguably the most accurate, efficient passer of all-time[/B] (Montana is the only QB I would rank ahead of Aikman in this regard).[/QUOTE]

Aikman who had just 1 season of more then 20 td passes?? Who had only 5 years when he passed for more then 3,000 yds?? I agree Emmitt did turn into a compiler but he was a huge part of the Cowboy offense.. 175 tds ain't too shabby.. And as far as accuracy Young and even Chaddy cakes blow Aikman away..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mohegangreen;4493821]All class except for when he piled on by dissing our locker room situation on his way out the door. That was not necessary, good riddance[/QUOTE]
    I think it was exactly what was necessary and it moved the conversation away from the nuts and sluts defense ("...only a few nameless malcontents and a 4th string QB...") to addressing the fact that we had a real problem.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4493740]what a slap in the Jets face.[/QUOTE]

Seau did the same thing... RIP

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4494125]

with a HOF QB who was arguably the most accurate, efficient passer of all-time (Montana is the only QB I would rank ahead of Aikman in this regard).

[/QUOTE]

Aikman was only a 61.5% passer for his career. Just off the top of my head, Young, Montana, Brady and Manning are more accurate QB's than Aikman.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What do [B]Pennington[/B], Brees, [B]Warner[/B], Rodgers, Peyton, Romo, Schaub, [B]Young[/B], Brady, Rivers, [B]Montana[/B], Ben, [B]Culpepper[/B], Palmer, [B]Griese[/B], [B]Bulger[/B], [B]Favre[/B], Shaun Hill, [B]Brad Johnson[/B], Garrard and Jeff Garcia all have in common?

They all have better career completion percentages than Troy Aikman.

Bold = retired. (Pennington's not official yet)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aikman was literally surrounded by HoFers or soon to be HoFers. RB, WR, OL. And those who weren't HoFers were Pro Bowlers. Not even counting the defense.

Me thinks Sanchez could have won a SB on that team.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4494195]Aikman was literally surrounded by HoFers or soon to be HoFers. RB, WR, OL. And those who weren't HoFers were Pro Bowlers. Not even counting the defense.

Me thinks even Tebow could have won a SB on that team.[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

:D