Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: LT to Announce Retirement

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4494348]Indeed.

I would say posts like the one in this thread do not help your cause mate.

Maybe just don't make them, eh?[/QUOTE]

I'll give this some thought.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=EM31;4494142]I think it was exactly what was necessary and it moved the conversation away from the nuts and sluts defense ("...only a few nameless malcontents and a 4th string QB...") to addressing the fact that we had a real problem.[/QUOTE]

Could have been kept in house, IMO but I guess Rex asks for it with his "we have nothing to hide mentality." It wasnt the end of the world tho, just more ammo for the media douches to criticize us again and again and again ... etc

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4494391]I'll give this some thought.[/QUOTE]
    You're starting to sound like a Magic 8 ball.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4494391]I'll give this some thought.[/QUOTE]

It shouldn't take much.

By the way, I am well aware that you're trolling me on these exchanges you know. ;)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mohegangreen;4494393]Could have been kept in house, IMO but I guess Rex asks for it with his "we have nothing to hide mentality." It wasnt the end of the world tho, just more ammo for the media douches to criticize us again and again and again ... etc[/QUOTE]
    Before LT made the stories credible, the spin around these parts was that there was nothing there. Just the ill-advised whining of a 4th sting QB who probably had an ulterior motive. Only after LT essentially came spoke about the poison in the locker room did the FO seem to treat the story as evidence that something was wrong and that they needed to pay attention to it.

The point of the story was in large part that the coaching staff were out of touch with what was happening in the locker room and highly ineffective in dealing with the (few) issues that they were aware of. They were not accepting of this until LT essentially confirmed the story. This was never ever going to be dealt with in house.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=EM31;4494437]Before LT made the stories credible, the spin around these parts was that there was nothing there. Just the ill-advised whining of a 4th sting QB who probably had an ulterior motive. Only after LT essentially came spoke about the poison in the locker room did the FO seem to treat the story as evidence that something was wrong and that they needed to pay attention to it.

The point of the story was in large part that the coaching staff were out of touch with what was happening in the locker room and highly ineffective in dealing with the (few) issues that they were aware of. They were not accepting of this until LT essentially confirmed the story. This was never ever going to be dealt with in house.[/QUOTE]

The FO didn't want to admit publicly to a huge problem inside the locker room, that doesn't mean they didnt want to keep it house and would handle it in house. I think your selling Rex short if you think he needed LT to blabber it to HBO in order for him to do something about it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4494418]It shouldn't take much.

By the way, I am well aware that you're trolling me on these exchanges you know. ;)[/QUOTE]

No I'm not.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4494522]No I'm not.[/QUOTE]
    [IMG]http://thecellularguru.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/8-ball-app.jpg[/IMG]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4493964]He was damn good but he wasn't Marshall Faulk...;)[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing.LT was great,but Faulk was special.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4493823]can anybody think of any Jet player or coach that SOJF Joe W. has ever been a fan of??[/QUOTE]

Nope. I wonder if he's a fan at all, to be honest.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4494125]LT sh*ts all over Emmitt.

For as much crap as people give C-Mart about being a "compiler", Emmitt Smith was the ultimate compiler.

15 seasons in the league, 7-8 of which were behind arguably the greatest OL in NFL history and with a HOF QB who was arguably the most accurate, efficient passer of all-time (Montana is the only QB I would rank ahead of Aikman in this regard).[/QUOTE]

Don't play that card man. Don't do the whole emmit was overrated thing cause its nonsense. The idea that his O line was great and that you could stick anyone else in his place and they'll be effective is such bull. Bro that team when Emmit wasn't in the line up for whatever reason even with the all-world O line couldn't do anything on the ground. Emmit was one of the best cut back runners ever. Maybe he wouldn't break it 80 yards but he got 5-7 yards thru cut backs and working that inside better than anyone. I mean this shouldn't even be a debate. When Emmit went down with the dislocated elbow against the giants or whenever it was ... he came back on with a freaking cast and could barely even get up .... this was near the end of the season and he carried that team to a W not just by running and be effective but with his spirit. If LT or Fault had a dislocated elbow they would've missed 2 weeks.

How many times in playoff games did we see LT sitting on the sideline without a helmet? Emmit played hurt, beat up, and always managed to be effective. He never wore down ..... He played in a run/base offense so he wasn't asked to be much of a receiver. All around when you consider dominance, stats, ability, durability, effectiveness, and all the extra things that come with it ... LT doesn't even hold a candle to Emmit. Emmit was a physical back who could have played in a 20 game season ... the guy was ridiculously durable and a could take 25 plus carries a game for a whole season and still stay up to par in playoff games. You make it seem like that was all cause of the O Line ... was the O Line a bunch of Mr Miyagi's who would rub Emmit's legs and arms when he was in pain and make it go away too? Were they the one's that helped him break tackles and absorb hits? Stop it ...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Saw some clips from his press conference. LT was all class. He thanked the Jets and Wood Johnson for giving him the opportunity to continue to play and "chase the dream".

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like LT is going to try & grow dreads. :P

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mohegangreen;4494486]The FO didn't want to admit publicly to a huge problem inside the locker room, that doesn't mean they didnt want to keep it house and would handle it in house. I think your selling Rex short if you think he needed LT to blabber it to HBO in order for him to do something about it.[/QUOTE]
    I think LT has always come across as a class act. Under normal cicumstances I doubt he would ever go public with something like that unless all normal avenues had been tried and the festering rot was was continuing to fester.

I think you are highly overestimating Rex's ability here to.

(a) Figure out there was a problem in the first place even though the problem developed on his watch, and

(b) Figure out how to make it right once he was finally forced to address the source of the stench emanating from the Jets locker room.

Rex's permissive, "hands-off" approach was a huge contributing factor to the issue in the first place. (Does anyone think this would ever have happened to a Parcells team?). The hands-off component got doubled down on when the problem was mostly on the offensive side of the ball, an area of the team that Rex was even further removed from.

The environment that Rex created was was a huge part of the problem to begin with and he wasn't going to face that until he was forced to do so. Well played LT. He shed light on a mess.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's sad knowing that players such as Barry Sanders and L.T never enjoyed the feeling of winning a ring. They'll take that bitter feeling to the grave with them, it's not something that's easy to move on from in regards to an all-time great that never won a ring. This just goes to show me, that an elite QB is much more important when compared to an elite RB. The two greatest RB's of my generation, Sanders and L.T, never won a ring. But yet, the two greatest QB's of my generation (outside of Marino) in Brady and Manning have both won multiple rings. Joe Montana is considered as being one of, if not the greatest QB of all time; multiple rings.