Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rodney King Found Dead

[QUOTE=palmetto defender;4494166]Rodney got an award of $3.8 million. In lesss than 20 years he blew through it. Had a nice rap sheet even after the beating.
    That said, the police did get a little carried away. A couple hits on the kneecap would have done the trick.[/QUOTE]

They TAZED him and he pull the electrodes out and did a little dance, they whacked his legs and pulled back and he got up again. PCP IS A HELLAVA DRUUUUG!

[QUOTE=dmitexxi;4494079]Dude seriously if a guy is drugged up and can't be restrained, and keeps getting up you keep going until your arm falls off.[/QUOTE]

The cops had multiple opportunities to handcuff King instead of letting him continue to get up so they could measure him up for more body shots. King was a career criminal and drug abuser who deserved to be in prison. And that will never excuse the actions of the police officers on that night.

What is interesting in this thread is the double standard; lets factor King's prior record as mitigating circumstances for the actions taken by the police. But how about factoring in the Los Angeles PD's history with race relations and misconduct?
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 06-18-2012 at 10:49 AM.

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;4494243]The cops had multiple opportunities to handcuff King instead of letting him continue to get up so they could measure him up for more body shots. King was a career criminal and drug abuser who deserved to be in prison. And that will never excuse the actions of the police officers on that night.

What is interesting in this thread is the double standard; lets factor King's prior record as mitigating circumstances for the actions taken by the police. But how about factoring in the Los Angeles PD's history with race relations and misconduct?[/QUOTE]
    King won the lottery with that beating. And he also showed a generation of criminals that you can get rich by disobeying the police. Made police work that much harder.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    I would have shot his ass.

[QUOTE=JetsFanatic;4494028]The symbol of the unfortunate PC era. A piece of garbage made to look like a victim.[/QUOTE]

He [B]was[/B] a victim. It is possible to be both a POS and a victim. Whatever he was, the beating was massively unjustified

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Ernie;4494268]King won the lottery with that beating. And he also showed a generation of criminals that you can get rich by disobeying the police. Made police work that much harder.[/QUOTE]

Someone gets it.

let the guy die in peace.

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;4494243]The cops had multiple opportunities to handcuff King instead of letting him continue to get up so they could measure him up for more body shots. King was a career criminal and drug abuser who deserved to be in prison. And that will never excuse the actions of the police officers on that night.

What is interesting in this thread is the double standard; lets factor King's prior record as mitigating circumstances for the actions taken by the police. But how about factoring in the Los Angeles PD's history with race relations and misconduct?[/QUOTE]

Honestly.... maybe JUST slightly MAYBE, you have some logic. BUT..you do their job in an inner city. This wasn't the Garden City Police department.

I give em a pass.... my buddy (now retired on a HUGE HUGE pension from NYPD;)) told me a story of trying to restrain these A-holes on pcp and crack. NEAR impossible. I side on the police hear , BTW...so did the jury.

Now stop right there. This is intelligent talk. Talk that makes you think. Talk that doesnt simply blame "the people" with the least amount of power. The political forum has no place for this.........:rolleyes:

Who cares.

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;4494528]Honestly.... maybe JUST slightly MAYBE, you have some logic. BUT..you do their job in an inner city. This wasn't the Garden City Police department.

I give em a pass.... my buddy (now retired on a HUGE HUGE pension from NYPD;)) told me a story of trying to restrain these A-holes on pcp and crack. NEAR impossible. I side on the police hear , BTW...so did the jury.[/QUOTE]

I would give them a pass to except the LA Police department was known for it's brutal tactics. King was a drug induced crazy but he was also victimized by harsh Police tactics that were often encouraged by the LAPD.

King did well when he got his day in court and the LA Police department was completely reformed for the better.