Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Firefox add-ons anyone?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Firefox add-ons anyone?

So I'm lazy when it comes to these things and use IE (now IE9) just because I always have. Lately it's become very buggy and crashes way too often. So I finally downloaded Firefox. Still learning my way around, but it's far more responsive.

What add-ons do you guys find are most useful and "must-haves"?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    AdBlock Plus. Adblock Plus Pop-Up. Element Hider for AdBlock. NoScripts.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fireshot is great for screen captures.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crossfire;4494093]Fireshot is great for screen captures.[/QUOTE]

So is a Mac...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks much for the recs!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4494091]AdBlock Plus. Adblock Plus Pop-Up. Element Hider for AdBlock. NoScripts.[/QUOTE]

Without question.

You may want to give Google Chrome a try as well - I've used FF exclusively for years now, but I love Chrome as well.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;4494128]Without question.

You may want to give Google Chrome a try as well - I've used FF exclusively for years now, but I love Chrome as well.[/QUOTE]

Firefox is great for downloading Chrome :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

You may want to give Google Chrome a try as well - I've used FF exclusively for years now, but I love Chrome as well.[/QUOTE]

I switched to Chrome a little while ago. IMO it runs a tad quicker than FF. FF is still an excellent browser and I still have it installed on my machine. You can't go wrong with either one. It is just that FF reset my customized toolbars sometimes and that got annoying.

For Chrome my Extensions are NotScripts, AdBlock Plus beta, Better Popup Blocker, Click n Clean, Element Hiding tool for AdBlock.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 06-18-2012 at 07:40 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [B]Ad Block Plus[/B] - strips ads from websites, if you're not a JI VIP it's a must-have to get rid of in-line ads. If you are a JI VIP, you right click on the single pesky header ad banner (next to your PM notifications) and it disappears too.

[B]Download Statusbar[/B] - Firefox doesn't do a great job in managing downloads or letting you know when they're done in a tidy manner; this add-on puts them on the statusbar at the bottom of the window.
    [B]
    Hide Caption Titlebar Plus[/B] - pick up lots of real estate by getting rid of the titlebar (colored bar top of window) and also configures a way to get the window open/close/minimize buttons into Firefox after you nuke the titlebar. Lots of other useful features too (like killing the Firefox button).

[B]Hide Favicons[/B] - quick add-on gets rid of the tiny icons on the favorites bar so it looks cleaner and lets you get more bookmarks on there.

[B]LastPass[/B] - securely retains passwords and credit card information, right click on a checkout page and it fills in all the information for fast online purchasing. The only add-on of its type recommended and approved by the TWiT Security Now crew.

[B]Status-4-Evar[/B] - puts pageload progress indicator into the URL bar, saving more real estate.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GuidoYaztremski;4494085]So I'm lazy when it comes to these things and use IE (now IE9) just because I always have. [B]Lately[/B] it's become very buggy and crashes way too often. So I finally downloaded Firefox. Still learning my way around, but it's far more responsive.

What add-ons do you guys find are most useful and "must-haves"?[/QUOTE]

And by "lately" you mean since it was first released. :yes:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    lol, nobanneded?

I like web clippers; I use Evernote for that, so I have the Evernote Web Clipper.

Thanks for the good tips guys.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Okay; what are the [B][U]best[/U][/B] bells and whistles for[B][U] Chrome?[/U][/B] I have been using it since you and SAR brought it up years ago.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Speaking of downloads, I use a nice program for IE called DAP (Download Accelerator Plus) which is a download accelerator and allows for resuming downloads of big files if they fail. I frequently download files of up to 6-7 Gb so it's a must for me. Anything similar for FF?