Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Braylon Edwards reportedly won't reunite with Jets

[QUOTE=Jordy;4498261]LOL. This is why I believe that you don't watch any NFL games or follow the NFL unless it affects the Jets.

Your opinion is based on watching the game? LOL. Okay.

Burress left Pittsburg [B]2 seasons before[/B] Holmes came into the league.

:shakehead:shakehead[/QUOTE]

Glad you pointed out that when Holmes was drafted by Pittsburgh, Burress had been long gone. Reading Ray Ray's posts are always a struggle.

At least when you and I go back and forth, it's a good football discussion.

As for Holmes, AT BEST, he's a top 25 WR in the league. Here are Holmes' weaknesses:

1) He doesn't have any physical advantages over most of the CBs he goes against. In other words, he isn't any bigger, stronger, or faster than them. He's a sub 6'0" WR with high 4.4s/low 4.5s speed.

2) Related to the above, he's not very strong. If you watch him play, he's very easy to tackle and goes down easily.

3) He can't take a good lick. If you pop him, he will put the ball on the ground.

4) Poor work ethic/front runner. He doesn't work hard, and when things don't go his way, he checks out.

5) Useless if the ball isn't coming his way. He'll go half speed, won't block, etc.

To his credit, he's got great body control and feet. He also won't wilt under pressure. Unfortunately, that's not enough to make you a #1 WR.

[QUOTE=Mogglez;4498061]Braylon has been around for 8 seasons and has had only one 1,000 yard season as well. Last year he didn't have a great year by any stretch of the imagination but that shouldn't take away anything he's done. He's a clutch WR with some of the best routes and hands in football and besides last year he's been a very productive wide receiver who'd deadly in space and when it matters most. Stats don't always tell the whole story.

Holmes is easily in the [B]10-15 range[/B] at least and anyone that thinks that is ridiculous is just still really butthurt by what happened down in Miami last year.[/QUOTE]

Sure, he is. :roll eyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Mogglez;4498061]Braylon has been around for 8 seasons and has had only one 1,000 yard season as well. Last year he didn't have a great year by any stretch of the imagination but that shouldn't take away anything he's done. He's a clutch WR with some of the best routes and hands in football and besides last year he's been a very productive wide receiver who'd deadly in space and when it matters most. Stats don't always tell the whole story.

Holmes is easily in the 10-15 range at least and anyone that thinks that is ridiculous is just still really butthurt by what happened down in Miami last year.[/QUOTE]

top 10 at least

glad the Jets have him

[QUOTE=sg3;4499326]top 10 at least

glad the Jets have him[/QUOTE]

can't the say the same about you, though, as far as whether this board is "glad to have you". :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Not that concerned about your brilliant opinion frankly

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    NY2FL - moved to FL from NY (e.g.to Tampa)

DWC

85 - birth year (who cares)

[QUOTE=sg3;4499352]Not that concerned about your brilliant opinion frankly

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

Believe me. Your opinions are just as "popular". :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4498054]Well rumor has it that the plan is to pray we don't need them.[/QUOTE]

Haha, Plan G. I have to believe that God has a great sense of humor. Professional athletes may find religion as a source of strength & I agree with that, but I also believe God has helpers who come in many forms, all you have to do is believe.

As for this topic, I was done with it when the player got cut. Two years ago. Camp is only a month away. Thank you God & his particpating helpers. (-:

Banned
    [QUOTE=Limolady;4499531]Haha, Plan G. I have to believe that God has a great sense of humor. Professional athletes may find religion as a source of strength & I agree with that, but I also believe God has helpers who come in many forms, all you have to do is believe.

As for this topic, I was done with it when the player got cut. Two years ago. Camp is only a month away. Thank you God & his particpating helpers. (-:[/QUOTE]

Well said Limolady, well said.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;4499365]NY2FL - moved to FL from NY (e.g.to Tampa)

DWC

85 - birth year (who cares)[/QUOTE]

Nothing gets passed you.

Jets Insider VIP
    You could put holmes somewhere between 25-30 regarding the top wideouts in the league. Although coles was close, we havent had a top 10 wr since keyshawn.

Stephen Hill has the measurables to be a top 10 receiver. Lets hope he pans out.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4499564]You could put holmes somewhere between 25-30 regarding the top wideouts in the league. Although coles was close, we havent had a top 10 wr since keyshawn.

Stephen Hill has the measurables to be a top 10 receiver. Lets hope he pans out.[/QUOTE]

That's laughable.

I'd like to see a list of 25-30 WR's who've been more successful over the years when compared to a prime Holmes who's only 28 years of age. Holmes is one of the greatest route runners in the game today, strong hands, comes up big during clutch situations and knows how to work opposing CB's.

All Pro
    Okay 252 posts. Any progress yet? can we have a poll asking whether you think any progress has been made?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;4499551]Nothing gets passed you.[/QUOTE]

Your spelling stinks too.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4499668]That's laughable.

I'd like to see a list of 25-30 WR's who've been more successful over the years when compared to a prime Holmes who's only 28 years of age. Holmes is one of the greatest route runners in the game today, strong hands, comes up big during clutch situations and knows how to work opposing CB's.[/QUOTE]
    By the way, where does Ladainian rank all-time in your opinion?

Banned
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4499916]By the way, where does Ladainian rank all-time in your opinion?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure about all-time, because I've only watched football dating back to the early 90's; but Tomlinson is the 2nd greatest running back that I've ever seen, only behind Barry Sanders throughout the 90's. During 10 seasons of play; Sanders averaged 1,526 rushing yards per season, an average of 5.0 yards per rushing attempt (behind makeshift offensive lines), 9.9 rushing TD's per season. Not only that, but Barry also averaged 35.2 receptions, 292.1 receiving yards and 1 receiving TD per season. I've yet to see a running back with Barry's pure ability/talent since Barry himself. So thankful that I had a chance to witness his greatness as a kid growing up.

L.T was something special during his prime SD years as a Charger in his own right. Without question the 2nd greatest back of my era.

I also thought that Adrian Peterson was the greatest example of size, speed and power that I've witnessed play the game of football (in regards to the RB position). Peterson has already climbed his way up (in my eyes) as the 3rd greatest back that I've ever seen. Time will tell how he recovers from last years season ending injury. Hopefully he recovers 100%, because I've loved watching AP perform over the years.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4500017]I'm not sure about all-time, because I've only watched football dating back to the early 90's; but Tomlinson is the 2nd greatest running back that I've ever seen, only behind Barry Sanders throughout the 90's. During 10 seasons of play; Sanders averaged 1,526 rushing yards per season, an average of 5.0 yards per rushing attempt (behind makeshift offensive lines), 9.9 rushing TD's per season. Not only that, but Barry also averaged 35.2 receptions, 292.1 receiving yards and 1 receiving TD per season. I've yet to see a running back with Barry's pure ability/talent since Barry himself. So thankful that I had a chance to witness his greatness as a kid growing up.

L.T was something special during his prime SD years as a Charger in his own right. Without question the 2nd greatest back of my era.

I also thought that Adrian Peterson was the greatest example of size, speed and power that I've witnessed play the game of football (in regards to the RB position). Peterson has already climbed his way up (in my eyes) as the 3rd greatest back that I've ever seen. Time will tell how he recovers from last years season ending injury. Hopefully he recovers 100%, because I've loved watching AP perform over the years.[/QUOTE]

Very nice post!!!