Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Braylon Edwards reportedly won't reunite with Jets

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4494334]There is no place on this team for an aging, injured receiver. Stephen Hill needs to learn the position. Get him on the field.[/QUOTE]

+1.

Amen.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4494332]What do you base that on?

OTA's and mini-camp?[/QUOTE]

How about that Edwards has had leg issues the past 2 seasons and did absolutely nothing last season on a team that was desperate for offense.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saC13RJ8CUs[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Limolady;4494379]What don't you understand as to why he isn't coming back to the NY Jets or any other team for that matter? I would be glad to explain.[/QUOTE]
    Please do. Especially if you acquired this information after having dinner with the "source." :D

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought Braylon made some nice plays for us and he can block pretty well, but why bring him back? Just because the Jets' two better years came with him on the team doesn't mean anything. He's got leg issues, he's getting older, he's never going to catch more than 55 balls, he tends to get into trouble. ... don't see much there. Braylon wasn't the savior for the Browns, he wasn't for the Jets nor was he for the Niners. He had 1 good year, then a bunch of average seasons. We must move on.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;4494401]How about that Edwards has had leg issues the past 2 seasons and did absolutely nothing last season on a team that was desperate for offense.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.the-asw.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/troll2.png[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;4494401]How about that Edwards has had leg issues the past 2 seasons and [B]did absolutely nothing last season on a team that was desperate for offense[/B].[/QUOTE]
    LOL. Again with this?

You do realize that Edwards was injured and when he was injured?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4494412]LOL. Again with this?

You do realize that Edwards was injured and when he was injured?[/QUOTE]

Do I realize that he was injured? No, I'm a stupid moron who wrote he had leg issues but at the same time amazingly doesn't realize that he was injured.

Read that a few times, Maybe one day it will make sense, right before you're diagnosed with Alzheimer's

I stated fact. Do you live in a dream world where a 2 year injury that lingers is meaningless? Does it change anything?

Do you just look to argue?:rolleyes:

BTW, he sucked in SF before being injured.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Braylon Edwards, current mascot for "Former Jet Obsession Syndrome (FJOS)".

It's a sad disease, that afflict so many in our fanbase.

And of course, no mention of this particular malady can be made without adding the always fun meme to it....

"Just wait till Bellichek scoops him up and they play us, seriously!"

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;4494414]Do I realize that he was injured? No, I'm a stupid moron who wrote he had leg issues but at the same time amazingly doesn't realize that he was injured.

Read that a few times, Maybe one day it will make sense, right before you're diagnosed with Alzheimer's

I stated fact. Do you live in a dream world where a 2 year injury that lingers is meaningless? Does it change anything?

Do you just look to argue?:rolleyes:

BTW, he sucked in SF before being injured.[/QUOTE]

You're the one getting all bent. I simply asked you a question.

You've said this stuff before on a few occasions.

First, I had asked you in the past for a link to the fact he had a leg injury before he signed with the Niners.

You ignored my request and never responded.

More importantly, how could Edwards have sucked in SF before the injury? He was hurt in the 2nd game of the season no? After signing late with a team he'd never played with before. Yeah that's giving him a fair shake.

And you knew he was injured yet you say, he "did absolutely nothing last season on a team that was desperate for offense." How fair a statement is that?

People like to jump on me for being argumntative yet it's people like you who make statements of opinion as if they are statements of fact. At least I use disclaimers like "IMO" and JMO." I have never seen you ONCE say anything was your opinion. Not once.
    Last edited by Jordy; 06-18-2012 at 02:22 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4494416]Braylon Edwards, current mascot for "Former Jet Obsession Syndrome (FJOS)".

And of course, no mention of this particular malady can be made without adding the always fun meme to it....

"Just wait till Bellichek scoops him up and they play us, seriously!"[/QUOTE]

Edwards was one of the best all-around WR's the Jets have ever had. I don't understand the hatred for him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Braybots=Tebots

It's like these two guys have some magical power over some fans. Nobody wanted Braylon even when he was healthy last offseason. He got a one year deal and ended up being the 4th or 5th receiver for SF.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JerseyJet80;4494344]I would take Edwards with one leg over Chaz Schilens[/QUOTE]

Schilens is every bit as good as Edwards ever was, but he hasn't been able to stay healthy. If he can stay on the field, he'll be a great pick up, but it's unlikely based on his history.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4494425][B]Schilens is every bit as good as Edwards ever was, [/B]but he hasn't been able to stay healthy. If he can stay on the field, he'll be a great pick up, but it's unlikely based on his history.[/QUOTE]
    C'mon. Based on what?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4494428]C'mon. Based on what?[/QUOTE]

Idk maybe he's bigger stronger faster, and better hands, and snatches the ball rather then letting it come into his body. That's what I base it on. He'll be hurt 3/4 of the time though so it makes no difference. What do you base your disbelief on?

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4494408]Please do. Especially if you acquired this information after having dinner with the "source." :D[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, my information about Broken Edwards is two years old & I knew he wasn't on the "return radar" for the Jets or any other team ever since. As for my source, will the word of the NYJ GM do?

;)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4494416]Braylon Edwards, current mascot for "Former Jet Obsession Syndrome (FJOS)".

"Just wait till Bellichek scoops him up and they play us, seriously!"[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://thedirtypush.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/DIRTY_phpuGD4zY.jpg[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4494336][I]The Jets are essentially choosing Schilens over Edwards. In four seasons with the Raiders, Schilens struggled to stay healthy and never gained more than 400 yards receiving. And yet the Jets would rather have him than bring back Edwards.[/I]

Interesting take.[/QUOTE]

This is also the same Jets front office that in 2007 touted the signings of Michael Haynes, Andre Wadsworth, and Kimo Von Oelhoffen as being key acquisitions for the team. They also wouldn't give Pete Kendall a million dollar raise, feeling that Adrian Clarke would be an adequate replacement. Just because the Jets front office does something doesn't automatically mean it's the correct move. Chaz Schilens is a scrub, he has zero potential, and is just a body that could be a 5th receiver, and those are the facts.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4494419]You're the one getting all bent. I simply asked you a question.

You've said this stuff before on a few occasions.

First, I had asked you in the past for a link to the fact he had a leg injury before he signed with the Niners.

You ignored my request and never responded.

More importantly, how could Edwards have sucked in SF before the injury? He was hurt in the 2nd game of the season no? After signing late with a team he'd never played with before. Yeah that's giving him a fair shake.

And you knew he was injured yet you say, he "did absolutely nothing last season on a team that was desperate for offense." How fair a statement is that?

People like to jump on me for being argumntative yet it's people like you who make statements of opinion as if they are statements of fact. At least I use disclaimers like "IMO" and JMO." I have never seen you ONCE say anything was your opinion. Not once.[/QUOTE]

I'm not bent, just can't get how you tell me that in case I didn't realize he was injured. In response to a post where I said he was injured. It's not bent, it's shock at how stupid that response was.

Edwards was their 4th WR on SF's dept chart. Before the season started. He sucked, read it any way you want, I'm saying if you're 4th in a group of half a$$ed WRs, you suck. It sure makes my statement fair. And accurate, more than the I love him, he gets me hard argument from those who want him back to bring back bygone days.

Shocking, over two years after he's gone we can't find every article about a minor player in the history of this teams injury history. Don't get your obsession with needing a link. I said he was injured before he played in SF, and nothing proves I was wrong. What does it change if you have another link to his injury history. Who cares either way?

Unless you're just looking for something to argue. Sometimes your a good read but too often your like a sh1tty wife who can't stop nagging and arguing for no apparent reason.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4494425][B][U]Schilens is every bit as good as Edwards ever was[/U][/B], but he hasn't been able to stay healthy. If he can stay on the field, he'll be a great pick up, but it's unlikely based on his history.[/QUOTE]

You can't be serious? :rolleyes:

Schilens hasn't done crap in his entire NFL career.

He can't even hold Edwards jockstrap.