Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Braylon Edwards reportedly won't reunite with Jets

Banned
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4494512]Comparing Edwards to our 4th or 5th WR in Schilens would be like comparing Edwards to the Patriots 4th or 5th WR in Edelman...

Edelman only has 48 receptions, 479 yards and 1 career TD. Matthew Slater only has 1 reception, for 46 yards and 0 TD's.

[B][U]What's your point PatsFanTx[/U]?[/B]

Chad Ochocinco is no longer a Patriot. Donte' Stallworth hasn't done anything in 3 years.

I can go on and on, who's the Patriots 4th/5th WR? Because it looks like you all need Edwards just as bad, if not more.[/QUOTE]

What's my point?

I was responding to this idiotic statement:

[B]Originally Posted by NY's stepchild[/B]

Schilens is every bit as good as Edwards ever was, but he hasn't been able to stay healthy. If he can stay on the field, he'll be a great pick up, but it's unlikely based on his history.

Schilens is NOT every bit as good as Edwards, far from it.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4494518]What's my point?

Schilens is every bit as good as Edwards ever was, but [B]he hasn't been able to stay healthy[/B]. If he can stay on the field, he'll be a great pick up, but it's unlikely based on his history.

Schilens is NOT every bit as good as Edwards, far from it.[/QUOTE]

You are completely incompetent. How can stats for a player that can't last through a game possibly have any correlation to talent? What were
    Brady's stats for 2008. God he sucked that year... ignorant

All Pro
    [QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;4494367]Chaz is having a very solid offseason and,[B] if he can stay healthy,[/B] he'd likely match or exceed the production of a one-legged Edwards.
    .[/QUOTE]

Wishes don't wash dishes.

Banned
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4494518]What's my point?

Schilens is every bit as good as Edwards ever was, but he hasn't been able to stay healthy. If he can stay on the field, he'll be a great pick up, but it's unlikely based on his history.

Schilens is NOT every bit as good as Edwards, far from it.[/QUOTE]

Four questions for you. Lets see if you answer them with actual football knowledge....

1.) Did you watch the NFL last season?

2.) What type of numbers did Braylon put up during the 9 games he played (and started)? What were his overall stat lines for 2011?

3.) Who's the Patriots 4th and 5th WR this year?

4.) Why haven't the Patriots signed Braylon Edwards as an "upgrade" over NEs 4th/5th WR?

All Pro
    I was trying to point out that when you see Schilens in preseason you will be enamored by him, just the way the writers are now, but that he probably won't last the preseason so don't get to attached to him. The trolls like to take that as me saying he's a great player, but it couldn't be further from the truth. He's not. He has great size and skill, but he is very brittle.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;4494502]Please move, you're making an idiot of yourself arguing that he was hurt when I clearly wrote that he was hurt. I'm not getting your point, I said he was hurt.

Yes, you can claim all you want that I have no facts. You didn't read that he had knee issues when he was a Jet. I did. I have no need to prove it to you. Here's another news flash Jordy, he had knee issues in Cleveland. That you cant find anything that proves me right or wrong clearly proves that i don't know what I'm talking about. Am inaccurate. Have no facts. Am not nearly as stupid as you are arguing with everyone who doesn't agree with your dime store logic.

Really Jordy, stop, this isn't a funny or smart argument, it's just annoyingly stupid.[/QUOTE]

Actually, you said he had "leg issues."

And he "did absolutely nothing last season on a team that was desperate for offense." Why did you say that if you knew he was injured?

And now you are purporting that Edwards had "knee issues" in Cleveland. I love this. Knee issues. Not injuries. But yet, until his knee injury last September, Edwards hadn't missed a game since his rookie season in 2005. So despite his "knee issues," he managed to play 80 consecutive NFL games. Pretty good for a guy with knee issues. :rolleyes:

Yeah, whiney posters are jumping on my case but that doesn't give you a pass pal.

And I'm not trying to be funny. Smart? Well you have your work cut out for you there.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4494517]He's just another troll picking statements out of context and trying to get a rise out of people. He needs to get a hobby that's more soothing like feeding the ducks or playing shuffle board. No sense in arguing with a troll though. He'll never get it because his sole purpose is to get the reaction.[/QUOTE]
    How about you reading what I wrote?

My comments are 100% valid.

This piling on crap is getting old.

It's easy and fun though right? :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4494521]You are completely incompetent. How can stats for a player that can't last through a game possibly have any correlation to talent? What were
    Brady's stats for 2008. God he sucked that year... ignorant[/QUOTE]
    In other words, what you're saying is that you're a NFL caliber scout and talent evaluator and that you can recognize Schilens talent and skill set vis a vis Braylon Edwards and that, in your opinion, he's every bit as good.

Am I getting this right?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4494530]I was trying to point out that when you see Schilens in preseason you will be enamored by him, just the way the writers are now, but that he probably won't last the preseason so don't get to attached to him. The trolls like to take that as me saying he's a great player, but it couldn't be further from the truth. He's not. He has great size and skill, but he is very brittle.[/QUOTE]
    So when someone doesn't agree with you and the other whiney posters on this board and wash your collective nutsacks, they are trolls.

Got it. :rolleyes:

Waterboy
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4494342]What about the experience part though?

Edwards would be a good guy for Hill to watch everyday and emulate the good parts of Edwards' game.[/QUOTE]

I like Braylon, but he is NOT the type of guy Hill should be learning from. Maybe the WR position, but not how to be a professional.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=dickie_kak;4494549]I like Braylon, but he is NOT the type of guy Hill should be learning from. Maybe the WR position, but not how to be a professional.[/QUOTE]
    Agreed.

Which is why I said, "Edwards would be a good guy for Hill to watch everyday and emulate the good parts of Edwards' game."

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=Jordy;4494535]Yeah, whiney posters are jumping on my case but that doesn't give you a pass pal. And I'm not trying to be funny. Smart? Well you have your work cut out for you there.[/QUOTE]

The dog wearing a hat & smoking a cigar avatar could be misleading as to "not trying to be funny" line of thinking. Just sayin................:D

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Limolady;4494556]The dog wearing a hat & smoking a cigar avatar could be misleading as to "not trying to be funny" line of thinking. Just sayin................:D[/QUOTE]

I just think it's a bit ghey to use football players as your avatar. And if I used a pic of myself, these guys would hate me more.

Besides, anyone who can't tell when I'm being serious is just obviously too caught up in this "anti-troll" posse.

I actually find it quite amusing that some of these posters have been Jets fans for 10-25 years but yet they are "better" fans than someone who has been a fan for 44 years. For instance, I was shocked to learn that Ray Ray has only been a fan since the 80's. But he knows more about this franchise than I do. ;)

Seeing as how the resident Pats fan is defending Edwards, that should be enough to end the love affair with him.

Me, I never liked him and it is a comfort for me to know he won't be heading back to the Jets.

Hall Of Fame
    IMO I think Braylon would be better for the Jets in 2012 than Hill. But Hill is the future and he needs all the reps.

In a perfect world I would love for him to come back. But I can't kill the Jets. I want to get a long look at Hill this season.

Then there is the thought that the Jets are going to be running the ball a lot this year. Turning back the clock to 2009. Which means there won't be that many passes to spread around. And they want to keep Holmes happy. We might not be throwing the ball enough this year to keep Holmes, Edwards, Keller happy while allowing Hill to grow.

I think if someone else took Hill in the draft then the Jets probably would have signed Braylon.

All League
    Schilens won't even make the team, not to mention the guy is about as intelligent as a 5 year old

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4494565]I just think it's a bit ghey to use football players as your avatar.[/QUOTE]

Fcuk You

:D

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Limolady;4494439]Hahaha, my information about Broken Edwards is two years old & I knew he wasn't on the "return radar" for the Jets or any other team ever since. As for my source, [B]will the word of the NYJ GM do?[/B]

;)[/QUOTE]
    LOL.

Serioulsy? Umm no.

If he had never said one thing and done another before, I might be inclined to believe everything he says.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4494600]Fcuk You

:D[/QUOTE]
    LOL. Actually I meant to revise that but got sidetracked.

I just think it's a bit ghey to use photos of current football players as your avatar. Reeks of fanboydom.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4494611]Reeks of fanboydom.[/QUOTE]

:yes:

Especially players in practice jerseys.