Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Braylon Edwards reportedly won't reunite with Jets

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JerseyJet80;4494595]Schilens won't even make the team, not to mention the guy is about as intelligent as a 5 year old[/QUOTE]

Well then I should mention that I met with & spoke to Chaz Schilens on a few occasions since he joined the NYJ and your assessment of his intelligence is about as spot on as a 5 year old.

The guy is extremely articulate, well spoken, well educated & definitely a welcome addition to the offense. Anything else along the lines you are suggesting is pure bulls#it and totally unsubstantiated.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4494525]Four questions for you. Lets see if you answer them with actual football knowledge....

1.) Did you watch the NFL last season?

2.) What type of numbers did Braylon put up during the 9 games he played (and started)? What were his overall stat lines for 2011?

3.) Who's the Patriots 4th and 5th WR this year?

4.) Why haven't the Patriots signed Braylon Edwards as an "upgrade" over NEs 4th/5th WR?[/QUOTE]

I'll play....

1) Yes.
    2) You're the stats guy, look them up and type them out here.
    3) Hard to say in June. The Pats have 10 WRs on the current roster and 2 stud TEs. If I had to guess, it would probably look like this:

Welker
    Lloyd
    Gaffney
    Edelman
    ..and Branch or Stallworth taking the last spot.

4) because Edwards isn't an "upgrade" over any of them.
    Last edited by GuidoYaztremski; 06-18-2012 at 06:03 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    At least we finally know who the fans are, and who the trolls are. Wouldn't want a picture of a player. Someone might think I'm a fan.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4494608]LOL. Serioulsy? Umm no.

If he had never said one thing and done another before, I might be inclined to believe everything he says.[/QUOTE]

Serioulsy is a very rare disease & nothing to joke about, just like idiocy. :D

As for not taking the word of the NYJ GM, that's your preogative, but I believe him & know that whatever he says to the media is merely lip service. In fact, the myth created by the media (and some fans) that Broken Edwards had any shot of getting back on an NFL roster should be proof enough & I've only been saying it since Edwards got cut two years ago that nobody is going to hire a piggybacker like him.

I'm still waiting for someone to prove me wrong, thanks.

;)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Limolady;4494633]Serioulsy is a very rare disease & nothing to joke about, just like idiocy. :D

As for not taking the word of the NYJ GM, that's your preogative, but I believe him & know that whatever he says to the media is merely lip service. In fact, the myth created by the media (and some fans) that Broken Edwards had any shot of getting back on an NFL roster should be proof enough & I've only been saying it since Edwards got cut two years ago that nobody is going to hire a piggybacker like him.

I'm still waiting for someone to prove me wrong, thanks.

;)[/QUOTE]

You did say this but Why?.... Why wont a team take a chance on Edwards, it has to be becuase of off the field issues that haven't come out IMO.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4494518]What's my point?

I was responding to this idiotic statement:

[B]Originally Posted by NY's stepchild[/B]

Schilens is every bit as good as Edwards ever was, but he hasn't been able to stay healthy. If he can stay on the field, he'll be a great pick up, but it's unlikely based on his history.

Schilens is NOT every bit as good as Edwards, far from it.[/QUOTE]

Talent wise without a doubt Chaz Schilens is much more talented than Braylon Edwards. HE bigger 6'4 225 to Braylon 6'3 215 . He faster 4.38 to his 4.45. Plus Chaz has a 40' vertical jump.
    Chaz Schilens has better hands than braylon and runs way better routes than Braylon Edwards.

The Problem is Chaz schilens is made out of glass. Can't seem to stay healthy. You can't stay healthy and it doesn't matter how good you are as the lesser player going to produce . You can't produce sitting on the sidelines or On IR.

This signing has no risk for the Jets as it could pay very big dividends IF he ever could stay healthy.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 06-18-2012 at 06:17 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;4494646]Talent wise without a doubt Chaz Schilens is much more talented than Braylon Edwards. HE bigger 6'4 225 to Braylon 6'3 215 . He faster 4.38 to his 4.45. Plus Chaz has a 40' vertical jump.
    Chaz Schilens has better hands than braylon and runs way better routes than Braylon Edwards.

The Problem is Chaz schilens is made out of glass. Can't seem to stay healthy. You can't stay healthy and it doesn't matter how good you are as the lesser player going to produce . You can't produce sitting on the sidelines or On IR.

This signing has no risk for the Jets as it could pay very big dividends IF he ever could stay healthy.[/QUOTE]

Greg Oden could be a more dominant NBA player than Kevin Durant and justify that #1 pick... if he could stay healthy. Health is a skill when evaluating and comparing players. That takes Chaz out of the Braylon comparison... for now.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 06-18-2012 at 06:22 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4494565][b]I just think it's a bit ghey to use football players as your avatar.[/b] [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Jordy;4494611]LOL. Actually I meant to revise that but got sidetracked.

[b]I just think it's a bit ghey to use photos of current football players as your avatar.[/b] Reeks of fanboydom.[/QUOTE]

[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/customavatars/avatar25879_3.gif[/img]

:ontome:

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Charlie Brown;4494635]You did say this but Why?.... Why wont a team take a chance on Edwards, it has to be becuase of off the field issues that haven't come out IMO.[/QUOTE]

That is correct and his off the field issues probably won't ever come out. Piggybacking troublemakers like Broken Edwards are not welcome here. You also can't blame the team(s) that cut him loose as he was the master of his own demise.

Good luck in the AFL if they'll even have him.

:byebye:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ASG0531;4494651]Greg Oden could be a more dominant NBA player than Kevin Durant and justify that #1 pick... if he could stay healthy. Health is a skill when evaluating and comparing players. That takes Chaz out of the Braylon comparison... for now.[/QUOTE]

Your not going to get an argument about that. There is a reason Jets got a Wr with his talent dirt cheap. There is no risk to the jets and only huge upside. I could see Jets playing alot of three Wr sets. Chaz Schilens and S Hill on the outside. Both are great run blockers. With Santonio Holmes in the slot.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Limolady;4494654]That is correct and his off the field issues probably won't ever come out. Piggybacking troublemakers like Broken Edwards are not welcome here. You also can't blame the team(s) that cut him loose as he was the master of his own demise.

:byebye:[/QUOTE]

If what you say is correct than I say thank Goodness they got rid of him!!!:eek:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;4494656]Your not going to get an argument about that. There is a reason Jets got a Wr with his talent dirt cheap. There is no risk to the jets and only huge upside. I could see Jets playing alot of three Wr sets. Chaz Schilens and S Hill on the outside. Both are great run blockers. With Santonio Holmes in the slot.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think it was pretty obvious the kinds of WRs the Jets were looking for to complement the new Sparano offense. Tall, fast, can block. The fact that Braylon, who fits all of those criteria, is being publicly ruled out by the FO seems to me a basic example of the FO knowing more of what to expect from a player than the fans do, based on their due diligence.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4494623]:yes:

Especially players in practice jerseys.[/QUOTE]
    LOL. Exactly.

Sent from tapmya$$

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Vin;4494652][IMG]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/customavatars/avatar25879_3.gif[/IMG]

:ontome:[/QUOTE]

See this guy gets it.

I like you Vin.

You have a sense of humor. You don't get bent out of shape and scream "TROLL" when someone doesn't agree with you or gives you a dig.

You are cool in my book.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Limolady;4494654]That is correct and his off the field issues probably won't ever come out. Piggybacking troublemakers like Broken Edwards are not welcome here. You also can't blame the team(s) that cut him loose as he was the master of his own demise.

:byebye:[/QUOTE]
    What exactly do you mean by "piggybacking?"

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4494674]See this guy gets it.

I like you Vin.

You have a sense of humor. You don't get bent out of shape and scream "TROLL" when someone doesn't agree with you or gives you a dig.

You are cool in my book.[/QUOTE]

Not cool cheating on kelly like that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holmes, Hill, Kerley, Schilens, Turner, White>>>>>>Holmes, Burress, Mason, Kerley, Turner

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bring back Clowney.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I'm understanding this correctly, the Jets chose Chaz Schillens over Braylon Edwards.

If Chaz Schillens couldn't stay healthy in Oakland, what makes the NYJ think he will stay healthy in NY? Moreover, what makes the NYJ believe he'll be as good as Braylon Edwards was for us?

From where I'm sitting, I just don't see it.

WHY would you turn down the opportunity to add a guy that always had great chemistry with Mark Sanchez? Why not give Sanchez every opportunity at succeeding this season? Why wouldn't the Jets want a proven commodity on the team?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;4494691]If I'm understanding this correctly, the Jets chose Chaz Schillens over Braylon Edwards.

If Chaz Schillens couldn't stay healthy in Oakland, what makes the NYJ think he will stay healthy in NY? Moreover, what makes the NYJ believe he'll be as good as Braylon Edwards was for us?

From where I'm sitting, I just don't see it.

WHY would you turn down the opportunity to add a guy that always had great chemistry with Mark Sanchez? Why not give Sanchez every opportunity at succeeding this season? Why wouldn't the Jets want a proven commodity on the team?[/QUOTE]

The Jets didn't choose Chaz Schilens over braylon Edwards. Braylon Edwards was never in the picture. Probably because more off the field and the locker room issues( edwards and Holmes didn't exactly like each other and might not be the best situation for a lockeroom after last season meltdown. There is a big difference when both players are in contract years.(playing for that next big contract - why it might have worked that one year than it would when one wr has a big contract in his pocket.

Sure there is always a question will Chaz Schilens be able to stay healthy. Who cares as there is no risk in signing him(easily able to be cut) and IF he stays healthy could be a big weapon for their wr corp. That my friend is a win win situation for the jets. (those signings are always the best signing you can make).

BTW IF Jets wanted Braylon Edwards they would have signed him. You can always bring in as many wr you like. Lets the five best wr make their case for a job in training camp. That should tell you there is much more to this Braylon Edwards that you don't know about.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 06-18-2012 at 07:38 PM.