Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Braylon Edwards reportedly won't reunite with Jets

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Jetfan16;4494444]This is also the same Jets front office that in 2007 touted the signings of Michael Haynes, Andre Wadsworth, and Kimo Von Oelhoffen as being key acquisitions for the team. They also wouldn't give Pete Kendall a million dollar raise, feeling that Adrian Clarke would be an adequate replacement. Just because the Jets front office does something doesn't automatically mean it's the correct move. Chaz Schilens is a scrub, he has zero potential, and is just a body that could be a 5th receiver, and those are the facts.[/QUOTE]

Actually there is no similarity on any level.

Jordy believes that the Jets are picking Schilens over Edwards. Nonsense, Edwards wasn't coming back with or without Schilens. The Jets would have said they were perfectly happy with what they got no matter who they picked up. If they wanted Edwards they would have signed him over Schilens.

So not only didn't this FO say this, this FO wasn't solely responsible for Pete Kendal. Kendal had issues with Mangini, filed a complaint with the NFLPA about his tactics and Mangini decided he wanted no part of PK.

I would love to see a single written piece where Andre Wadsworth was touted as a key acquisitions for the Jets.

They have a plethora of WR's. It never even crossed my mind that they would attempt going after him again. I know plenty of fans that were set on him returning but Hill will be much better. You'll see ...

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4494438]Idk maybe he's bigger stronger faster, and better hands, and snatches the ball rather then letting it come into his body. That's what I base it on. He'll be hurt 3/4 of the time though so it makes no difference. What do you base your disbelief on?[/QUOTE]

No. You know what. I'm sure you're right. I certainly don't want to argue with you. You probably know better than I do.

Schilens has shown in his 4 years that he's every bit as good as Edwards.

[QUOTE=Gata;4494455]They have a plethora of WR's. It never even crossed my mind that they would attempt going after him again. I know plenty of fans that were set on him returning but Hill will be much better. You'll see ...[/QUOTE]

Hill may be better in time, but not immediately. I'm excited about Hill's potential but would be very surprised if this year he gives us more production than Edwards would, or than Burress did last year.

[QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;4494329]Get off the ledge, Vin. It'll be OK. ;)[/QUOTE]

Huh? I was just....just....admiring the view. Yeah...that's it. :P

Seriously, I was expecting this. I mean even I could see that Stephen Hill is Braylon-Edwards version 2.0(but Way better) so why would the Jets go back and take back the outdated version? Oh well.

I wish Braylon well in all of his future endeavors :

[img]http://l.yimg.com/ck/image/A2119/2119299/300_2119299.0[/img]

[QUOTE=Jordy;4494336][I]The Jets are essentially choosing Schilens over Edwards. In four seasons with the Raiders, Schilens struggled to stay healthy and never gained more than 400 yards receiving. And yet the Jets would rather have him than bring back Edwards.[/I]

Interesting take.[/QUOTE]

Just an opinion.

I'd like to believe that they feel Hill is a better version of Braylon which is(and should be) their rationale for not re-signing him.

I don't want to even think that the Jets would be THAT dumb to prefer an injury-riddled player. Give me a break...

And If Chaz was such a Better Player than Braylon, why haven't we heard about him...UNTIL THE JETS SIGNED HIM?? Yeah....exactly. :rolleyes:
    Last edited by Vin; 06-18-2012 at 02:58 PM.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4494457]

Schilens has shown in his 4 years that he's every bit as good as Edwards.

[/QUOTE]

That could be one of the dumbest comments ever uttered on JI.

Edwards: 341 receptions, 5,323 yards and 39 TD's.

Schilens: 72 recetions, 902 yards and 7 TD's.

Yea, Schilens is just as good, if not better than Edwards. :rolleyes:

Banned
    [QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;4494367]
    There's a reason why 31 other teams have passed on Braylon, too. He's damaged goods, so I'd rather roll with what we've got -- a very, very promising group of WRs.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

You'd be a fool to start Braylon Edwards over Stephen Hill (as of right now). Hill is a 21 year old kid who's 6'5, runs a 4.3 flat, top of the line (outstanding) leaping ability and seems to be the perfect WR in regards to taking off the top of the defense. Braylon Edwards on the other hand? Played in 9 games last year with only 15 receptions for only 181 yards and 0 TD's. He can become another teams risk, because he's not about to become a Jets problem/concern.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;4494448]I'm not bent, just can't get how you tell me that in case I didn't realize he was injured. In response to a post where I said he was injured. It's not bent, it's shock at how stupid that response was.

Edwards was their 4th WR on SF's dept chart. Before the season started. He sucked, read it any way you want, I'm saying if you're 4th in a group of half a$$ed WRs, you suck. It sure makes my statement fair. And accurate, more than the I love him, he gets me hard argument from those who want him back to bring back bygone days.

Shocking, over two years after he's gone we can't find every article about a minor player in the history of this teams injury history. Don't get your obsession with needing a link. I said he was injured before he played in SF, and nothing proves I was wrong. What does it change if you have another link to his injury history. Who cares either way?

Unless you're just looking for something to argue. Sometimes your a good read but too often your like a sh1tty wife who can't stop nagging and arguing for no apparent reason.[/QUOTE]

You are just as annoying and probably more argumentative without facts many times stating opinions as fact.

Case in point. You say Edwards had a leg injury for 2 years, yet you have no evidence that Edwards had a leg injury before signing with SF much less any leg injury the previous 2 years. Stated as fact without any backing evidence. Why did I doubt it? Because I personally had never heard about it anywhere.

You say that Edwards sucked with SF. Fact is, he signed with them on August 4th, after a short off-season, 8 days before their 1st pre-season game and 37 days before their first regular season game. Isn't it fair to say that he didn't really have a lot of time to get up to speed with their offense and that the other WR's had a distinct advantage?

Then he gets hurt in the 2nd game of the season. You keep saying that he "did absolutely nothing last season on a team that was desperate for offense." Well duh. He was hurt in the 2nd frickin game.

Maybe you get tired of me being like a nagging wife, but I get tired of you constantly challenging other posters that you disagree with in the form of fact, when they are in actuality your opinion. I called you on this one because it was so obvious. You have no facts to back up what you said about his 2 year injury and you're unfairly characterizing Edwards' 2011 season with a deceptive comment about his ineffectiveness as if he was playing. He was not. If you don't have your facts straight or accurate, or can't back them up, please don't state them as fact.

But I too find you a good read at times. :D

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4494466]That could be one of the dumbest comments ever uttered on JI.

Yea, Schilens is just as good, if not better than Edwards. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

You mean I needed to use a sarcasm smiley? :rolleyes:

I wasn't in the mood to compare the two players.
    Last edited by Jordy; 06-18-2012 at 03:08 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Vin;4494462]

Just an opinion.

I'd like to believe that they feel Hill is a better version of Braylon which is(and should be) their rationale for not re-signing him.

I don't want to even think that the Jets would be THAT dumb to prefer an injury-riddled player. Give me a break...

And If Chaz was such a Better Player than Braylon, why haven't we heard about him...UNTIL THE JETS SIGNED HIM?? Yeah....exactly. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I quoted the article. Those weren't my words. That's why I used italics.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4494479]You mean I needed to use a sarcasm smiley? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I was referring to the poster who made the original comment that Schilens is better than Edwards.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4494485]I was referring to the poster who made the original comment that Schilens is better than Edwards.[/QUOTE]
    Then quote his post gramps. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4494485]I was referring to the poster who made the original comment that Schilens is better than Edwards.[/QUOTE]

lol, yeah...

sure you were :rolleyes:

"uh, I said Joe Mantegna!!"

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qpj73xhGvmM[/url]

Who signed Edwards????

Jets aren't asking SCHILENS to b as good as BE in the HOUSE!!!:D YEAH BOYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!! Watch ur mouth patsfan bc HILL is BE replacement NOT CHILLINGS.:eek: get ur shi* straight homegirl!!!:eek:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4494450]You can't be serious? :rolleyes:

Schilens hasn't done crap in his entire NFL career.

He can't even hold Edwards jockstrap.[/QUOTE]

No he can't because he'll hurt himself, but if you've ever actually seen them play you would say Schilens has more talent. Did I say he did anything his entire career, or are you just trolling like your buddy Jordy? He can't stay healthy. Did I mention that? I think I mentioned that it wouldn't matter, because he can't stay healthy.
    Last edited by NY's stepchild; 06-18-2012 at 03:18 PM.

[QUOTE=Jordy;4494420]Edwards was one of the best all-around WR's the Jets have ever had. I don't understand the hatred for him.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Jordy;4494420][SIZE="1"]...was...[/SIZE][/quote]

[QUOTE=Jordy;4494420][SIZE="2"]...was...[/SIZE][/quote]

[QUOTE=Jordy;4494420][SIZE="3"]...was...[/SIZE][/quote]

[QUOTE=Jordy;4494420][SIZE="4"]...was...[/SIZE][/quote]

[QUOTE=Jordy;4494420][SIZE="5"]...was...[/SIZE][/quote]

[QUOTE=Jordy;4494420][SIZE="6"]...was...[/SIZE][/quote]

[QUOTE=Jordy;4494420][SIZE="6"][B][U]...was...[/U][/B][/SIZE][/quote]

Ken O'Brien WAS one of the best QB's the Jets have ever had.

I don't want him back right now either.

Move on man. Move on.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Jordy;4494477]You are just as annoying and probably more argumentative without facts many times stating opinions as fact.

Case in point. You say Edwards had a leg injury for 2 years, yet you have no evidence that Edwards had a leg injury before signing with SF much less any leg injury the previous 2 years. Stated as fact without any backing evidence. Why did I doubt it? Because I personally had never heard about it anywhere.

You say that Edwards sucked with SF. Fact is, he signed with them on August 4th, after a short off-season, 8 days before their 1st pre-season game and 37 days before their first regular season game. Isn't it fair to say that he didn't really have a lot of time to get up to speed with their offense and that the other WR's had a distinct advantage?

Then he gets hurt in the 2nd game of the season. You keep saying that he "did absolutely nothing last season on a team that was desperate for offense." Well duh. He was hurt in the 2nd frickin game.

Maybe you get tired of me being like a nagging wife, but I get tired of you constantly challenging other posters that you disagree with in the form of fact, when they are in actuality your opinion. I called you on this one because it was so obvious. You have no facts to back up what you said about his 2 year injury and you're unfairly characterizing Edwards' 2011 season with a deceptive comment about his ineffectiveness as if he was playing. He was not. If you don't have your facts straight or accurate, or can't back them up, please don't state them as fact.

But I too find you a good read at times. :D[/QUOTE]

Please move, you're making an idiot of yourself arguing that he was hurt when I clearly wrote that he was hurt. I'm not getting your point, I said he was hurt.

Yes, you can claim all you want that I have no facts. You didn't read that he had knee issues when he was a Jet. I did. I have no need to prove it to you. Here's another news flash Jordy, he had knee issues in Cleveland. That you cant find anything that proves me right or wrong clearly proves that i don't know what I'm talking about. Am inaccurate. Have no facts. Am not nearly as stupid as you are arguing with everyone who doesn't agree with your dime store logic.

Really Jordy, stop, this isn't a funny or smart argument, it's just annoyingly stupid.

Banned
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4494466]That could be one of the dumbest comments ever uttered on JI.

Yea, Schilens is just as good, if not better than Edwards. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Comparing Edwards to our 4th or 5th WR in Schilens would be like comparing Edwards to the Patriots 4th or 5th WR in Edelman...

Edelman only has 48 receptions, 479 yards and 1 career TD. Matthew Slater only has 1 reception, for 46 yards and 0 TD's.

What's your point PatsFanTx?

Chad Ochocinco is no longer a Patriot. Donte' Stallworth hasn't done anything in 3 years.

I can go on and on, who's the Patriots 4th/5th WR? Because it looks like you all need Edwards just as bad, if not more.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;4494502]Please move, you're making an idiot of yourself arguing that he was hurt when I clearly wrote that he was hurt. I'm not getting your point, I said he was hurt.

Yes, you can claim all you want that I have no facts. You didn't read that he had knee issues when he was a Jet. I did. I have no need to prove it to you. Here's another news flash Jordy, he had knee issues in Cleveland. That you cant find anything that proves me right or wrong clearly proves that i don't know what I'm talking about. Am inaccurate. Have no facts. Am not nearly as stupid as you are arguing with everyone who doesn't agree with your dime store logic.

Really Jordy, stop, this isn't a funny or smart argument, it's just annoyingly stupid.[/QUOTE]

He's just another troll picking statements out of context and trying to get a rise out of people. He needs to get a hobby that's more soothing like feeding the ducks or playing shuffle board. No sense in arguing with a troll though. He'll never get it because his sole purpose is to get the reaction.