Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Scariest/Most Unsettling UNEXPLAINED Thing That Has Ever Happened to You?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    My best friend had a friend who was a graphics design contractor, that worked with my friend's dad's business in NY. The guy lived in an apt. on River Road in Nutley. My friend and myself were invited with another friend to watch the SB at his place - don't remember which one but I place it in the mid-late 1980s. At the time I lived alternately in Manhattan, Queens, and CT.

On the way in the car on rte 21 I mentioned that my mom was from the area (Belleville) and one of my uncles and his kids, 2 cousins still lived around there. Hadn't seen them for at least 10 years as I lived in Queens, went away to college, and we were not in frequent touch, wasn't sure where anyone lived, etc. The guys were, like, :rolleyes::zzz: and so forth.

We pull into the complex and the first people we see are my aunt, uncle, cousin (their daughter) and one of that cousin's teen kids. Although I hadn't seen them and vice versa, they recognize me immediately (as I have a strong resemblance to that branch ) and say hai! They were going to visit my other cousin, who happened to live with his (3rd?) wife and baby directly across the hall from the graphics guy-he was friends w/ them. I spent the afternoon between the 2 apts. and I would have to say that was the weirdest coincidence I ever experienced since I knew nowt about this graphics guy. The friends freaked then freaked again. What is the chance, mathematically of speaking about someone you had not seen in years and then them being literally the next people you see and then the person you only know indirectly that you were going to visit have a connection with them?

Smelling orchids/lilacs in my bedroom not long after my father in law died Xmas 2009 (he lived almost next door) and seeing the paper towel holder mounted under a cabinet unravel about 15 sheets on my kitchen counter some months after my mother in law passed in 2008- that was completely unexplainable. Could be visits from beyond, I'm told. No the orchids were not Glade or Lysol. No the towels were not blown by the wind.

Other scary/weird stuff has happened that I have seen, but all explainable. Alkrotraz-he brings the gritty realism, don't he? (I likes it)
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 06-19-2012 at 09:34 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Alkrotraz;4494532]scariest thing I saw was when I was like 7. Had a crazy lady who lived two buildings over in the bronx. She committed suicide by diving headfirst from her six floor apt by jumping through the glass window. She came down headfirst yelling with no hands out. Her head hit the sidewalk and sounded like a bowling ball exploding when we looked her broken head was on her back. She had a big circle of blood draining from her that was whiteish on the outside as all the fluids drained out of her. They took away the body and the janitor came out with a mop and mop up this disgusting mess.

I have seen car accidents and stuff. But this was gross. Plus it was around 4pm on a weekday when all the kids are hanging out in street so everyone saw and heard it.[/QUOTE]

:eek:

Great thread, Warfish. :rolleyes:

:eek:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I went on vacation to California too Huntington beach I went jet skiing.
    In California they took us by boat out to some barge way out with a bunch of people. So you get on your jet ski and your free to go nuts in what feels like the middle of the ocean.

Anyhow im riding gf was on barge taking pictutes with some friends and drinking beers. I decide to cut through a large boats wake and I wipe out bad(lot of air). Jet ski keeps going stalls becsuse ignition key is on life vest. Ok people are jumping waving and pointing I didnt see it at first I did spot the big sea lion or whatever it is swim suprisingly fast right under me I thought holy **** thats awesome then swam back to my jetski Thats when I saw it huge grey fast like a missle dart right behind me ten feet or so ssw just a speck of the top fin. Words can not describe the fear at that moment my ex gf and sister still have the picture I swam so fast I had a wake behind me, the shark I guess was long gone but in my mind he was right on my ass jaws music thumping and everything. Very common experience there I guess but not in Brooklyn.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=thebigragu;4495770]When I went on vacation to California too Huntington beach I went jet skiing.
    In California they took us by boat out to some barge way out with a bunch of people. So you get on your jet ski and your free to go nuts in what feels like the middle of the ocean.

Anyhow im riding gf was on barge taking pictutes with some friends and drinking beers. I decide to cut through a large boats wake and I wipe out bad(lot of air). Jet ski keeps going stalls becsuse ignition key is on life vest. Ok people are jumping waving and pointing I didnt see it at first I did spot the big sea lion or whatever it is swim suprisingly fast right under me I thought holy **** thats awesome then swam back to my jetski Thats when I saw it huge grey fast like a missle dart right behind me ten feet or so ssw just a speck of the top fin. Words can not describe the fear at that moment my ex gf and sister still have the picture I swam so fast I had a wake behind me, the shark I guess was long gone but in my mind he was right on my ass jaws music thumping and everything. Very common experience there I guess but not in Brooklyn.[/QUOTE]

You fell of a jet ski...and saw a fish.

Then you swam back..to a jetski?

Wow....eerie.

How did you overcome this?

:dunno:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;4495775]You fell of a jet ski...and saw a fish.

Then you swam back..to a jetski?

Wow....eerie.

How did you overcome this?

:dunno:[/QUOTE]

c'mon man, don't be a bag o' dicks...he's showing his human side...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Grabbing onto a 6'4" 250 lb man going apeshlt on drugs and waiting for some backup. I had his back and fell straight backwards with him on top of me. It took about 20 seconds for someone to help but it felt like eternity. It took 6 people to get him under control. I had to change my underwear after.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was nearly killed in a roller coaster accident at what is now Six Flags New England.

It used to be Riverside Amusement Park and the cart I was in collided with another cart at the very top of the ride. The roller coaster was the called the Wildcat, and it used to be pretty popular at many amusement parks. It reached speeds of 40 mph and was 50 feet high. Our accident was at or nearly at the highest point. (circled in the picture. This is the same type coaster but not the actual one I was on.)

[IMG]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e329/crossfire1/Hampur/wildcatrollercoastercircle.jpg[/IMG]

I was in 7th grade and on a school trip. Me and five friends had been on the Wildcat twelve times already and we were supposed to be heading back to the bus for the ride home. Instead, we decided to go one more time for a "Lucky 13" times.

As we got to the front, they were testing a new cart in front of us with 4 mechanics in it. I recall we said that we would test it. The mechanics got in and away they went. There were six of us and we crowded into one cart. Four of the guys were brothers.

As the chain began to pull us up the first hill, we all saw the test cart in front of go down the first (and biggest) hill and come to a dead stop at the bottom. We all started screaming making an attempt to let everyone know that we were about to die. We were absolutely terrified as we continued to ascend the first hill knowing what was about to happen. The mechanics worked frantically to get the cart moving. Much to our relief, as we neared the top of the ride, the cart down below began to move and quickly climbed the next hill.

Now I always figured those old coasters used the chain to get them to the top of the hill and gravity to do the rest. But whether they had a motor on the cart or what, I don't know but all I knew was that we had averted certain death.

Or so we thought...

As we plummeted down the first hill, we saw the test cart had stopped once again. This time at the very top of the ride on one of those tilted curves right before the second plunge.

This time, the mechanics knew that our cart had gained ground on it and they knew that they had no chance of getting it going. Three out of four of them jumped out of the cart onto a small 18" walkway.

I still remember bracing myself for the impact and seeing the look of horror on the face of the mechanic before he sat down, covered his head and prepared for impact. I bet the look on his face looked brave compared to the look on mine. I damn nearly sh!t my pants. It was absolutely terrifying.

We slammed into the cart... and man did it hurt like a b****!

This was one of the old coasters that holds four adults or six kids. It had seat belts, not harnesses like the coasters of today.

Because we were on a curve, we were already tilted hard to the left. The right side of the cart came off the tracks and we teetered at a point where the cart could have gone either way. The cart paused for what seemed like an eternity but probably was about a millionth of a second. In that split second, I remember being more afraid that I had ever been in my life. Fortunately the cart came back down onto the track instead of tipping the other direction and dropping us to our certain deaths.

All of us were in a lot of pain but none of us appeared seriously injured. One guy had a broken nose that was bleeding pretty bad. They actually let us climb down a metal ladder that was attached to the coaster, which looking back was very stupid. But to top it off, they let us go when we said we were ok. We were all afraid that we were going to be in trouble because we were late getting back to the bus.

We all tried running to the bus but that's when the real pain set in. It was hard to breathe and I felt like I was going to pass out. When we got to the bus, everyone was on it and they were waiting for us. Chaperons that were ticked off at us instantly saw that something was wrong.

Gushing blood usually does that. :eek:

But I think it was when the guy with the broken nose began projectile vomiting that was the clincher. :D

We were taken back in and brought to health services and then onto the hospital in ambulances. The three older kids, all had badly bruised ribs and stomachs. The guy with the broken nose said that happened when his face slammed into the hand rail in front of us.

The younger kids in the back were bruised a little but basically fine.

We spent the night in the emergency room and our parents had to drive an hour and a half to the hospital.

Society wasn't quite as litigious as it is today or we all could have made a fortune. Instead, we did even sue them.

Damn we were stupid bastards! :D

About two years later, I decided that I wanted to go back on the Wildcat to help get past the bad memories. As I stood in line and gave my friend a play by play of what happened, about 12 people in front of us that were listening to me got off the line. :D

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I work in a busy ER. We are a level 1 trauma center so I get to see some crazy stuff pretty regularly. I have seen stabbings, shootings, pedestrians vs vehicles, and bad car accident victims. The two craziest incidents for me and the ones that I will not soon forget are as follows.

We were called about a hostage situation possibly involving children. About 5 hours passed and we forgot about the pre-alert. That is when the call came in. We were going to be receiving a pediatric patient with multiple stab wounds. Apparently, the kids dad went bat$h!t crazy and killed an old dude, took the man's girlfriend, and his own wife and two children hostage. When the stand off was over, the man had killed himself and his autistic son, but not before seriously injuring his wife and younger son. The youngest son came to us with 22 stab and puncture wounds. The worst being the knife tip broken off in his skull. The kid made a full recovery miraculously. The whole situation was f'ed up. I felt terrible when the kid asked about his brother repeatedly and we couldn't tell him what we already knew. Also, the mom didn't try to stop the dad. She basically told the kids everything was okay and they were all going to heaven soon. She is currently in jail and on trial.

The other was when two girls and a good samaritan were mowed down by a car after the girls' car broke down. One girl died on scene. The other two (guy and gal) were brought to us. They both died in the hospital from their injuries. The most surreal thing for me was seeing a thorocotomy for the first time. The trauma surgeon literally cracks the chest open between two ribs to explore for internal injuries and perform CPR. Watching lungs inflate and deflate and him literally squeezing her heart in his hand froze me for a few tics. I was blown away. I had to snap out of it and get back to work, but that was a bad day too.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Alkrotraz;4494532]scariest thing I saw was when I was like 7. Had a crazy lady who lived two buildings over in the bronx. She committed suicide by diving headfirst from her six floor apt by jumping through the glass window. She came down headfirst yelling with no hands out. Her head hit the sidewalk and sounded like a bowling ball exploding when we looked her broken head was on her back. She had a big circle of blood draining from her that was whiteish on the outside as all the fluids drained out of her. They took away the body and the janitor came out with a mop and mop up this disgusting mess.

I have seen car accidents and stuff. But this was gross. Plus it was around 4pm on a weekday when all the kids are hanging out in street so everyone saw and heard it.[/QUOTE]

that's some Stephen King-type sh*t right there, right down to the janitor nonchalantly cleaning up the mess afterwards :eek:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4495822]Grabbing onto a 6'4" 250 lb man going apeshlt on drugs and waiting for some backup. I had his back and fell straight backwards with him on top of me. It took about 20 seconds for someone to help but it felt like eternity. It took 6 people to get him under control. [B] I had to change my underwear after[/B].[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4[/url]

_

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4495748]:eek:

Great thread, Warfish. :rolleyes:

:eek:[/QUOTE]

Sorry.

I was intending more "I saw a ghost/ufo/sea monster/Stokes taller than 4'11"/mysterious thingy" type thread, not "Faces of Death XMVII".

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4496259]Sorry.

I was intending more "I saw a ghost/ufo/sea monster/Stokes taller than 4'11"/mysterious thingy" type thread, not "Faces of Death XMVII".[/QUOTE]

You know well what you've done sir. This thread is unreadable.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

I was intending more "I saw a ghost/ufo/sea monster/[B]Stokes taller than 4'11"[/B]/mysterious thingy" type thread, not "Faces of Death XMVII".[/QUOTE]

That would mean you actually saw ME.

Taller than 5'-3 7/8" would be freaky.

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    "you must be this tall to meet an untimely death on this ride"

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

I was intending more "I saw a ghost/ufo/sea monster/Stokes taller than 4'11"/mysterious thingy" type thread, not "Faces of Death XMVII".[/QUOTE]

Watching the Daniel Pearl beheading on the Internet in my friends' basement, in the dark at like 1am was pretty unsettling. He then followed that up with a video of the PA government official who shot himself on live television. Bud something.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4496455]He then followed that up with a video of the PA government official who shot himself on live television. Bud something.[/QUOTE]

R Budd Dwyer?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4496455]Watching the Daniel Pearl beheading on the Internet in my friends' basement, in the dark at like 1am [/QUOTE]

You sound like a fun guy.

Lets party.

-

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;4496482]You sound like a fun guy.

Lets party.

-[/QUOTE]

Don't forget the Zoloft.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets Things;4496490]Don't forget the Zoloft.[/QUOTE]

I'm bringing an old Nikon for him to tinker with until the Dr. arrives.

-

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;4496492]I'm bringing an old Nikon for him to tinker with until the Dr. arrives.

-[/QUOTE]

What if he swallows the lens cap? :dunno: