Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Scariest/Most Unsettling UNEXPLAINED Thing That Has Ever Happened to You?

i looked at acepepe's Facebook page.

All League
    [QUOTE=Jets Things;4494445]September 2007 on my honeymoon. Cruise ship in the middle of the Adriatic Sea, heading north, starboard side looking towards the Dalmation coast, my wife and I and two other couples we didn't know were enjoying cocktails outside on a lower deck after dinner. We saw green lights (or what one of the other people said was green - I'm colorblind) in the sky in the distance. These lights were moving like no other lights any one of us had ever seen. They would shoot across the sky, disappear and reappear what should have been miles away in a matter of seconds. And I'm not talking just back and forth. Their altitudes and distance from us changed as well. After about three minutes, everything stopped. We looked at each other like, "WTF did we just see??" and quickly went back inside. The creepiest part was that there was absolutely no sound and not one of the lights flashed the way a plane would at night. To this day, my wife chalks it up to "the Croatian Air Force running exercises at night." Now I don't know exactly what I witnessed, but I've never seen anything like it before or since. Flame away, dickheads.[/QUOTE]

It's common knowledge that UFO's have anti-collision lights for traveling across the galaxy.

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4494493]These two words, unexplained, disturbing, and haunting for life: "I do"[/QUOTE]

LOL, QFT!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Jets Things;4494445]"the Croatian Air Force running exercises at night." [/QUOTE]_

[IMG]http://mlkshk.com/r/1TFQ[/IMG]

-

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4494498]green flashes of light are not uncommon during a sunset (or so I think I read once).[/QUOTE]

This was like 10pm ish. But yes, I've read that as well.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

ok, coincidently my wife just called me with this story...

her mother woke up in the middle of the night unable to sleep, she went to read a book in the den, and was drawn to a political title from years ago, (normally she never does anything like this when she has trouble sleeping) the book, at least thirty years old was spot on in predicting the current economic situation we are in now, and she wanted to point out a particular passage to her husband when he woke. As he read the passage two old Father's Day cards slipped out of the book, nothing unusual, perhaps, except for the fact that it was Father's Day and the cards were from my wife's sister who passed away over twenty years ago at a young age. I think it was a nice Father's Day present to my father-in-law.

scariest thing I saw was when I was like 7. Had a crazy lady who lived two buildings over in the bronx. She committed suicide by diving headfirst from her six floor apt by jumping through the glass window. She came down headfirst yelling with no hands out. Her head hit the sidewalk and sounded like a bowling ball exploding when we looked her broken head was on her back. She had a big circle of blood draining from her that was whiteish on the outside as all the fluids drained out of her. They took away the body and the janitor came out with a mop and mop up this disgusting mess.

I have seen car accidents and stuff. But this was gross. Plus it was around 4pm on a weekday when all the kids are hanging out in street so everyone saw and heard it.

Banned
    My mother keeps this plant in her house that my grandmother (her mother) gave to her before she passed away. The plant rarely grows any flowers on it, and even when it does they never bloom.

Except three different times.

1 of those times was when my nephew was born, one was on the morning of my cousin's wedding, and the other was on the morning of my wedding.

Silly, I know. But my mother likes to think it's my late grandmother's way of showing that she's happy.

[B]Devil’s Tree in NJ[/B]

[URL="http://www.weirdnj.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=71&Itemid=28"]http://www.weirdnj.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=71&Itemid=28[/URL]

After a Giants game, 3 buddies and me stopped at this evil tree to pee.
    We all stayed far away except for one guy, who isn’t superstitious.
    Drunk… we dared him to pee on the tree, which he happily did do.
    Joking around I said, that’s a mistake, now you’re going to break your leg.
    We all laughed. 2 Days later, playing soccer, the kid did in fact break his leg… not a pretty break - dislocated, had to have screws inserted in his leg.

To this day, he insists it was dumb luck and that he’d pee on the tree again… we say otherwise.

Also, I was shooting some video in the Port Washington area… when I got home to look at the video… I discovered that we picked up some EVP (Ghost) sounds – loud booming gun shots…

At first we were like what the heck is that noise and how come we didn’t hear anything while we were shooting. Evidently, the area was an old Civil War battlefield. Pretty cool.

[QUOTE=jetswin;4494498]green flashes of light are not uncommon during a sunset (or so I think I read once).[/QUOTE]

The "green flash" as it's called, is at the exact moment a tropical sun sets below the horizon of the water. Atmospheric conditions must be just right for it to occur. there's no way you would see it as changing altitude as was mentioned I think.

Jets Insider VIP
    Someone here that I don't particularly care for sent me a cryptic PM once.

I still don't understand it.

Once, after a night of partying and "parking" with my then girlfriend on a dirt road in the woods, I drove her home. When I went around to the passenger side of the car to open the door for her, I found a bloody hook hanging onto the door handle.

WooooOOOooooOOOoooOOOooooOOOOooooo..............

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

After a wake for my friend who died suddenly at age 27, a crowd of us went back to his parents house to eat and drink. I had to take a leak and someone was in the bathroom, so I went to use the bathroom in the master bedroom. As you walk in the bedroom you're facing a full length mirror next to the bathroom entry. Clear as day in that mirror for like 5 seconds I saw my deceased friend standing in the doorway behind me.

Was not drunk at the time.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quite a few years ago I had a dream that a co-worker, Walter, had died suddenly. I didn't know the guy very well but I remember being shaken by it and thinking of the dream on the subway that next morning because it seemed so vivid.

First thing I did when I got to work was go past Walter's office to make sure he was there as always - and of course he was. Then, during lunch break that same day I'm sitting at my desk when a woman comes to me with tears streaming down her face. Without thinking, I said "It's about Walter, isn't it?" She said "how did you know? - it only happened a few minutes ago." Walter had suffered a massive heart attack in a restaurant across the street and was pronounced DOA. He was 43.

God's honest truth.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=GuidoYaztremski;4494569]Once, after a night of partying and "parking" with my then girlfriend on a dirt road in the woods, I drove her home. When I went around to the passenger side of the car to open the door for her, I [B]found a bloody hook hanging onto the door handle[/B].

WooooOOOooooOOOoooOOOooooOOOOooooo..............[/QUOTE]

Her Tampon?

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;4494593]Her Tampon?[/QUOTE]

You must be a real drag on kid's camping trips.:rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=GuidoYaztremski;4494594]You must be a real drag on kid's camping trips.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

You're into little boys huh? Penn State grad?

Bewildered Beast
    Honestly nothing more unsettling than watching my mother go through memory loss in her early 50's. Letters from her Kew Gardens to me in SF started off well, but would end with just a bumpy pen line going along. I guess her caretaker would send them out; I couldn't figure how she'd end a letter like that, and then get it in the mail.

Getting pm's from sg3 is a very unsettling feeling; almost inexplicable. :D:D

Once saw a oragne jellyfish like thing floating above a underground electrical box after a thunder storm. I was about 8 or so....

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=parkwayjet1;4494587]Quite a few years ago I had a dream that a co-worker, Walter, had died suddenly. I didn't know the guy very well but I remember being shaken by it and thinking of the dream on the subway that next morning because it seemed so vivid.

First thing I did when I got to work was go past Walter's office to make sure he was there as always - and of course he was. Then, during lunch break that same day I'm sitting at my desk when a woman comes to me with tears streaming down her face. Without thinking, I said "It's about Walter, isn't it?" She said "how did you know? - it only happened a few minutes ago." Walter had suffered a massive heart attack in a restaurant across the street and was pronounced DOA. He was 43.

God's honest truth.[/QUOTE]
    Holy sh*t. :eek:

...how come the right side of your collar curls out and the left side curls in...if you ever see a guy on tv with a collared shirt check it out...