Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: The Scariest/Most Unsettling UNEXPLAINED Thing That Has Ever Happened to You?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4496662]no one says "Bob Crane" the way Willem DaFoe can.

:shudder, and shudder again:[/QUOTE]

Have you ever superimposed "Grinch" dialogue over his scene in the study in Spider-Man? ("It came without boxes...") That's creepy!

All League
    [QUOTE=32green;4500985]Please please tell me you kept digging.

:eek:

-[/QUOTE]

===========================================================

First I did a thorough walk about and came up with nothing, but it can be said I dug with a passion that only Tebow could relate to for the rest of the day.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=The Boston Patriot;4496820]I once dropped a dollar and it landed on it's edge. That was freaky scary. :eek:[/QUOTE]

I once dropped a bottle of Michelob at a bar and it landed flat on the bottom, didn't fall over, didn't break.

It's like it stuck the landing.

That was a bit bewildering.

_

[QUOTE=JStokes;4501082]I once dropped a bottle of Michelob at a bar and it landed flat on the bottom, didn't fall over, didn't break.

It's like it stuck the landing.

That was a bit bewildering.

_[/QUOTE]

Well, obviously it didn't have far to fall.

All League
    One time I was working on a remodel and I was pulling down a ceiling in the basement, and out fell about 50, 1 ounce silver coins. They were some sort of commemorative coins dated 1972/71 (?), I think what happened is the old man who use to own the house had hidden them in the attic next to the chimney and there was a gap of about 3" between the chimney and the framing so they must have dropped to the basement ceiling where I found them.

Split them with the home owner, if I recall correctly silver was about $2 or less an ounce at the time.

All Pro
    I saw things in Nam'.....Bad things....weird S++t.

And I wasn't even born yet.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Owen Reed;4501085]Well, obviously it didn't have far to fall.[/QUOTE]

ahahahahahaha

:rotfl:

All League
    My family use to vacation with my aunt and uncles family, we would usually meet to camp in there travel trailers all over Oregon, the coast, the mountains, and the dessert.

When we went to the dessert we would spend most of our time hunting for arrow heads and rocks. Once while we were in Harney Co we were out and found a site where there was scads of partially finished Arrow heads and such, and I spied a rock that caught my attention, it was about 24" long by 12" wide all rough looking like a rock should be, so I turned it over and the bottom side was all worn smooth in a slight concave shape and had another hand size rock under it worn smooth on one side. Mom got all excited cause she recognized it as a Native American mortise and pestal.
    Similar to this.[IMG]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSTSZEcwxSZEhiijjwX4c_wnRw87mwegMDksRZaK0t4pgq2TH5V3g[/IMG]

The Indians would use these to grind grains and such, but they were to heavy to travel with, so when they were moving from summer camp to winter camp or vice verse they would just turn them over and leave them till they returned the following year.
    Any way I was watching a TV show a while back and a guy found one not near as nice as mine and said it was worth in excess of $10,000. I have spoken to Mom about this and she will not give it back to me, which I find not only vexing but weird because Mom buys all her flour pre ground and really has no need of it, and it just sits next to the fireplace in the basement unused for the last 35 years.

Mom has all the arrow and spear heads I found also. Which I don't mind because they are nicely displayed in a frame hanging on the wall in the basement, and she is the one that mounted them, and my wife don't like Indian people stuff. Not only that but the arrow heads are lot easier to find then a mortise and pestal, so I could always get more arrow heads.

How is that unexplained?

It's almost like Stokes is one of these some days, eh?

[IMG]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmdlfF89cWkTx_xiFLlFGOtXwL_jZvj6l16JnH2nQxDJ1lBwNIOA[/IMG]

Rented an old creepy large house in hamptons from a reclusive women at a good price. Had an attic where door was locked and looked like a walk up attic from outside. Door was heavily locked and looked like lock was not disturbed in years.

Once in a while we would hear someone playing pool up there. Impossible as no way to attic except through door. Creepy, talking to neighbor a few weeks later and out of blue goes arent you guys scared sleeping at that house. I am like why, well that old womens husband years ago went to attic with a bottle of johnny walker and a loaded handgun he played pool till he was good and drunk and then blew his head off and committed suicide. Women ordered doors be padlocked and deadbolted and no one has been up there for years. Well ok, creepy, then a few weeks later from basement apt we start to hear moaning, let me out, let me out. we go in the bedroom and it is getting louder we get closer and the dresser is making the sound, we grab pool skinner and and yank open drawers and nothing in there. Landlord comes by at exact moment starts screaming never touch that furniture, never go in that basement room. You rented 1st and second floor. Well turns out she was caring for aged mother, she went away on trip mother fell ill and laid in that room till she died, she came back a few days later to find body. It was her Mothers ghost in basement yelling to be let out and her ex-husbands ghost in attic playing pool. Owner lived in small apt nearby and was trying to sell house. Apparently I figured out why someone would rent a small apt to live in when they have a large nice empty house nearby.

The ghosts had a fun time I guess as they did not kill us. Except one guy stayed out there during week and was watching a preseason football game and felt like someone was on sofa with him. He ran out of beer and went to fridge to check if there was one more and there was, he did it again and another beer appeared, third time he went another beer appeared and he felt a cold hand on shoulder turned around and no one was there and ran out of house.

They say waterfront houses that rent cheap there is a catch, well two ghosts were a heck of a catch.
    Last edited by Alkrotraz; 06-26-2012 at 03:24 PM.

All League
    [QUOTE=Owen Reed;4501270]How is that unexplained?[/QUOTE]

================================================

The unexplained part has to do with why my Mother will not return the mortise and pestal. It's just errrrry!

[QUOTE=gunnails;4501288]================================================

The unexplained part has to do with why my Mother will not return the mortise and pestal. It's just errrrry![/QUOTE]

I was wondering if the "my wife doesn't like Indian People Stuff" was the unexplained part.....

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yNaHQZrZ90[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    Unexplained?

<looks at GF...then back at me...then back at GF...then back to me>

I don't get it. Maybe she has cataracts or something.....

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4501271]It's almost like Stokes is one of these some days, eh?

[IMG]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmdlfF89cWkTx_xiFLlFGOtXwL_jZvj6l16JnH2nQxDJ1lBwNIOA[/IMG][/QUOTE]

In my day, we called 'em "Set up Men".

- Backstage Hook Guy
    Last edited by WestCoastOffensive; 06-26-2012 at 04:28 PM.

All League
    I have an unsettling story.

Back in the early 90s I worked for a guy that had a LOT of slum type rental housing.

This one house in North Portland had an issue with rot around the toilet, the toilet flange had nothing solid to mount to, so I was elected to go in the crawl and attach some backing boards so as we would have something solid to mount the toilet flange to. The crawl was shallow and had no vapor barrier, the house must of been 80 years old.

So I am down in the crawl and I hear some rustling so I shine my flashlight towards the rustle and there are 2 eyes glowing back at me and what appears to be a raccoon, so I am like whatever and I call up to to my jobsite dog to kinda cover my back, and the dog does he hangs with me and just quietly growls at the coon. I reach up and pull back some insulation to expose my work area and a bunch of crap falls on me, in my hair and face, I shine my beam up and everything is covered in what i figure was maggots and they are dripping on me. I do not like, so I try to get out as fast as possible and in doing so kick the dog who then charges the coon which turns out to be a skunk and sprays everywhere.

That was a bad day. and quite unsettling.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=crossfire;4495865]I was nearly killed in a roller coaster accident at what is now Six Flags New England....

About two years later, I decided that I wanted to go back on the Wildcat to help get past the bad memories. As I stood in line and gave my friend a play by play of what happened, about 12 people in front of us that were listening to me got off the line. :D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=NxYxJets;4495920]I work in a busy ER. We are a level 1 trauma center so I get to see some crazy stuff pretty regularly. I have seen stabbings, shootings, pedestrians vs vehicles, and bad car accident victims. The two craziest incidents for me and the ones that I will not soon forget are as follows.

We were called about a hostage situation possibly involving children. About 5 hours passed and we forgot about the pre-alert. That is when the call came in. We were going to be receiving a pediatric patient with multiple stab wounds. Apparently, the kids dad went bat$h!t crazy and killed an old dude, took the man's girlfriend, and his own wife and two children hostage. When the stand off was over, the man had killed himself and his autistic son, but not before seriously injuring his wife and younger son. The youngest son came to us with 22 stab and puncture wounds. The worst being the knife tip broken off in his skull. The kid made a full recovery miraculously. The whole situation was f'ed up. I felt terrible when the kid asked about his brother repeatedly and we couldn't tell him what we already knew. Also, the mom didn't try to stop the dad. She basically told the kids everything was okay and they were all going to heaven soon. She is currently in jail and on trial.

[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=32green;4500766]Just remembered this strange thing, dont know why it occurred to me.

Back around 9/11 when things were winding down as far as body recoveries at the site and stuff, the NYPD maintained a bunch of trailers on the Medical Examiner's block along side a bunch of refrigerated trailers used to store remains until they were identified.

One of the trailers was known as the "notification trailer"..when they would recieve word from the ME that DNA/dental etc. had identified a victim, the Detectives assigned therein would ensure that the proper folks were notified whether it be a Civilian, fireman or cop etc.

Since there was no hope of recovery of live victims after the first day or two, identification and closure to the victims families became a labor of love for many of the cops working at the Medical Examiners office. Its all we could do to help...or bring some positivity to an overwhelmingly negative event.

Anyway, one day a cop boss comes in to the trailer...and all the Detectives are furiously searching through a bunch of property vouchers. "Why?", the boss asked..."whats going on?".

One of the Detectives says "oh I had a dream with the numbers 5555 in it..
    and I think it has something to do with propery vouchered from the site. So we are looking for those numbers."

The boss then says "Isnt 5555 the bell sequence the Fire Dept. uses to announce the death of a firefighter?" and shrugs.

THe Detectives all stop what they are doing and their mouths drop open, as they did not know this.

Then the Detective who had the dream says..." You know.... I saw a show on TV yesterday before the dream...and it was the psychic John Edwards talking to the parents of a fallen 9/11 firefighter whose remains had been recovered.

The parents were upset because they never got his helmet with the body which apparently was important to them, as it was to the FF prior to his death. It held great value to the family.

Edwards tells the family....[I][B]his helmet is still here...its in a cold dark place."[/B][/I]

A quiet fell over the assembled cops in the trailer as they glanced at eachother sideways...and then the Detective who had the dream says "I'm going to check something out", and leaves.

She goes to the refrigerated trailers containing remains, one 18 wheeler after another containing body bags...nothing.

Then in one of the last trailers...she comes upon a small black garbage bag sitting in a corner....virtually hidden in the darkeness behind the wooden racks used to stack the remains.

She opens it...and there is the FF's helmet...with a set of Rosary beads tucked underneath.

-[/QUOTE]

Wow, those are some really tough stories!

Aside form 9/11 stuff, the most unsettling/scariest thing that ever happened to me was when I was about 8 or so. We went to visit some relatives who lived on a series of canals in the Tampa area. The second day there they get me to try water skiing. I was told that there really wasn't too much of a concern about gators provided we stayed out in the lake and away from the tighter canals. Soooo, where do they lead the boat? Why, down the ****ing canal! Despite my best efforts to stay up, I eventually fall down into the water. Waiting for that boat to circle back was easily the most scared I have ever been in my life.

[QUOTE=Jetworks;4501339]Wow, those are some really tough stories!

Aside form 9/11 stuff, the most unsettling/scariest thing that ever happened to me was when I was about 8 or so. We went to visit some relatives who lived on a series of canals in the Tampa area. The second day there they get me to try water skiing. I was told that there really wasn't too much of a concern about gators provided we stayed out in the lake and away from the tighter canals. Soooo, where do they lead the boat? Why, down the ****ing canal! Despite my best efforts to stay up, I eventually fall down into the water. Waiting for that boat to circle back was easily the most scared I have ever been in my life.[/QUOTE]

Is this a "To be Continued" story?

What happened? Did a gator get you?