Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Scariest/Most Unsettling UNEXPLAINED Thing That Has Ever Happened to You?

The Scariest/Most Unsettling UNEXPLAINED Thing That Has Ever Happened to You?

Been reading a few things here and there on zee Web, and I thought this might make for an interesting thread topic, especially given this crowd.

So.....first, has anythign odd/scary/unusual/unsettling ever happened to you? If so, what was it, and did you ever figure out what it was?

Anything is fair game, UFO, Ghosts, Loch Ness Monster (no, I didn't see it), or simply something odd, unusual, outright scary....that was unexplained.

Begin.

Poli has an unexplained/unsettling cluster on his genitalia. Does that count?

All League
    I turn my bathroom faucet off, then come back later and it's dripping. Some people say it's a washer, but how could a washing machine have anything to do with that? Crazy scary shyt right there.

Believe it, or not.

Hall Of Fame
    Wet farts.

Happens all the time.

You think you are in the clear and then all of a sudden you sh!t yourself.

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4494435]Wet farts.

Happens all the time.

You think you are in the clear and then all of a sudden you sh!t yourself.[/QUOTE]

my **** was bright green

Hall Of Fame
    It was a tad unsettling having 12 pfailstrippers vote to band me.

Actually, I should be happy about that.

I'm still a bit ascared of the underground cities.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    I saw Santa Claus when I was younger. The real one. Not the ones you see at the mall.

Jets Insider VIP
    September 2007 on my honeymoon. Cruise ship in the middle of the Adriatic Sea, heading north, starboard side looking towards the Dalmation coast, my wife and I and two other couples we didn't know were enjoying cocktails outside on a lower deck after dinner. We saw green lights (or what one of the other people said was green - I'm colorblind) in the sky in the distance. These lights were moving like no other lights any one of us had ever seen. They would shoot across the sky, disappear and reappear what should have been miles away in a matter of seconds. And I'm not talking just back and forth. Their altitudes and distance from us changed as well. After about three minutes, everything stopped. We looked at each other like, "WTF did we just see??" and quickly went back inside. The creepiest part was that there was absolutely no sound and not one of the lights flashed the way a plane would at night. To this day, my wife chalks it up to "the Croatian Air Force running exercises at night." Now I don't know exactly what I witnessed, but I've never seen anything like it before or since. Flame away, dickheads.

Jets Insider VIP
    Opening this thread and thinking that there would actually be a serious reply as opposed to sophomoric, flippant humor.

This is why you guys can't have anything nice.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4494440]I'm still a bit ascared of the underground cities.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e329/crossfire1/Hampur/undergroundcitystokes.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=Jets Things;4494445]September 2007 on my honeymoon. Cruise ship in the middle of the Adriatic Sea, heading north, starboard side looking towards the Dalmation coast, my wife and I and two other couples we didn't know were enjoying cocktails outside on a lower deck after dinner. We saw green lights (or what one of the other people said was green - I'm colorblind) in the sky in the distance. These lights were moving like no other lights any one of us had ever seen. They would shoot across the sky, disappear and reappear what should have been miles away in a matter of seconds. And I'm not talking just back and forth. Their altitudes and distance from us changed as well. After about three minutes, everything stopped. We looked at each other like, "WTF did we just see??" and quickly went back inside. The creepiest part was that there was absolutely no sound and not one of the lights flashed the way a plane would at night. To this day, my wife chalks it up to "the Croatian Air Force running exercises at night." Now I don't know exactly what I witnessed, but I've never seen anything like it before or since. Flame away, dickheads.[/QUOTE]

You sure that wasn't the northern lights?

Truly? On at least four occasions I have had a memory or flashback of someone I hadn't seen, or thought of, in years, only to bump into them unexpectedly later that day.

I'm a regular Kreskin I tell ya.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4494446]Opening this thread and thinking that there would actually be a serious reply as opposed to sophomoric, flippant humor.

This is why you guys can't have anything nice.[/QUOTE]

I saw a dead guy on Delancey Street when I was about 7, hit by a car, blood streaming out of his head. First dead person I ever saw. Scared the crap out of me, still haunts me to this day.

Happy that you dredged up awful childhood memories?

_

the tenants just moved out of my condo, so now we're doing renovations and there's dust everywhere and the place in general is a mess.

the windows and other glass surfaces, in particular, are quite dusty so it's very easy to see handprints, fingerprints, etc.

anywho, there are glass sliding doors in the master bedroom on the second floor, and the other day when i went to lock things up after the workers were done for the day, there was a very tiny set of handprints clearly outlined in the dust on the glass door. i'm talking toddler-sized, at about 3 feet off the floor.

all Strokes jokes aside, unless the guys polishing the floors or rebuilding the kitchen had a "bring your toddler to work" day, i have no explanation as to where these handprints came from or who they might belong to. my wife and i don't have kids yet, and as far as i know, none of our friends/relatives with kids have visited that property recently.

i hastily wiped them off when i saw them, and i have refused to ask around for fear of not finding a reasonable explanation other than tiny ghostsez inhabiting my apartment :eek:

Jets Insider VIP
    Sirius-XM doesn't has no Progressive Station!

Why? :eek:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=southside;4494451]You sure that wasn't the northern lights?[/QUOTE]

Didn't look anything like it.

I regularly (few times a week) have conversations I know I've had before...

I stopped asking people if they recall it as well because they always look at me like I'm nuts...

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4494446]Opening this thread and thinking that there would actually be a serious reply as opposed to sophomoric, flippant humor.

This is why you guys can't have anything nice.[/QUOTE]

+1

But in fairness, I expected this, and it IS kinda funny.

With that said, I hope the thread lives long enough to get at least a few serious replies. I find stuff like this, the unexplained and spooky, to be very interesting reading.

Jets Insider VIP
    These two words, unexplained, disturbing, and haunting for life: "I do"

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Jets Things;4494474]Didn't look anything like it.[/QUOTE]
    green flashes of light are not uncommon during a sunset (or so I think I read once).